• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

game stop midnite tourney info on site.

vCannino93

Smash Apprentice
Do you think that we will be able to play as secret characters?

I hope they let me use my jiggs....

If not, metaknight or pit or dedede is good enough for me ^_^

I have never brawled b4, i hope melee and brawl's controls are alike :)

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
I will be playing in these tournies, too. Hehehe

I might not be as well known as Mookie, but I do alright. :)
Well hell, there really is no point in me trying now.

BUT I STILL WILL!

Thank God you've got your own store in Oxford. At least I have chance in Round 1.

Sagacity

Smash Rookie
If I were to hypothetically win a tournament on the 8th in Texas, is there anything I could do to compete when I'm back in Michigan? :(

I'm in TX on spring break when this starts.

otter

Smash Ace
BLAST! I just asked my local gamestop yesterday and they said they couldn't say anything. And now I can't get this document to show, it's in cling on or something when I open it :(

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Wow, this is great! Hopefully they'll give you some practice time beforehand, though, so you won't be going in totally experience-less. I wonder if they're getting demos soon...

Myztek

Smash Ace
There's about seven of them near me. I'll be going to one of 'em and winning for sure. (I hope)

I've had the game for half a month now.

EDIT
I hope they put some rules up soon.
And I really hope they allow the use of GameCube controllers.

D

Deleted member

I hope they allow the use of Classic controllers with a custom control scheme. If not, GameCube controller with default controls would be my second choice.

AcesWild

Smash Apprentice
I'm confused... I was just at my local gamestop (Indian Trail) the other day and the girl behind the counter said something about a melee tournament for the pre-release. Is it a brawl tournament or just melee the first day?

(1st post)

D

Deleted member

my comp wont open the link to participating stores tho.:ohwell:any one care to download it and post them?
No, it is a huge list, no way to repost it besides just looking at it. You can see that it is a .pdf document so just get the Acrobat Reader and stop being so lazy.

okor

Smash Apprentice
No, it is a huge list, no way to repost it besides just looking at it. You can see that it is a .pdf document so just get the Acrobat Reader and stop being so lazy.
Yea, it is 45 pages long lol.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Yeah, I wanna know the rules. Probably starting characters only, items on medium, random stages.

But still.

Lol, the Gamestops that I reserved my game at aren't participating, but the other 3 are. LOLZ.:laugh:

I guess I better try to reserve it at one of them now.

I can't wait to start decimating those kids. Unless some of the SoCal players show up.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I'm going over to my gamestop today with a printed page in which it's location is stated.

i'm going to find out the rules, and such.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Too bad Falcon is an unlockable so he will be unavailable for this. :( Otherwise I might actually stand a chance at my local store.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I have a dilemma.

I can reserve Brawl at a gamestop--except for the fact that I CANNOT participate in a midnight release AND pick up Brawl from the same store, because the closest Gamestop to GATech from shuttle/walking distance is right outside a subway, and that 2 am walk back to my dorms is just begging for me to get robbed. On the other hand, I can ride with a buddy to a tourney, but I can't preorder from that same store. Will a tourney store have extras I can buy? What's the fastest way to get my hands on Brawl?

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
Oh snap its on! i already got a tourny win under my belt at my gamestop. The way i see it if i can just get past the first round i can play my copy night and day to prepare for the next. I'll have to really start thinking about witch charicter im going to use so i can study. It may not be as good as actually playing the game but its the next best thing. Im fittin to ****! I don't think playin the game before gives you that mutch of an advangtage cause nobodies really been playing it that long to master all the ins and outs of there charicter.

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
Looks like I have a lot of choices in the Buffalo area. I might go to the one down the street, but I haven't preordered it.

Someone said No purchase necessary to enter, but some people are also saying Pre-order required. Anyone figure this out?

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
" No purchase necessary to enter or win. Open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sponsor: GameStop, Inc."

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yes!! It's coming to OSU, awesome.

I'll probably lose though, I know there are people around here who got the JPN import already...

Top Bottom