• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Cube Retrospect

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Perfect summery of my thoughts. Although I'm not sure about the SNES bit, I had a Genesis back in those days so I really don't know.
Haha, so did I, actually -- I had a model 2 back in the day, which was my first console. When some idiot "friend" of mine broke it, I got a Genesis 3, and had that for a long time, and last year I got a model 1 as well (and about six months before that I got a SNES). I love the Genesis, but the SNES has Super Metroid. =P

I really have to agree with you on the whole "different" think. I think this is the reason why those games got a lot of hate, watch, I bet if you took Luigi's Mansion, changed the main character to someone else, remove all Mario references, and change the boos to something else, then people would have viewed that game a lot differently. Same goes with Star Fox Adventures, THAT WAS A SPIN-OFF PEOPLE. No one hates on Mario Kart just because it's a Mario spin-off and therefor different from the rest of the games, so why is this any different?
Yeah, I dunno. It's one thing when people legitimately complain about Adventures, say they actually didn't enjoy the game and didn't enjoy it because they found some aspect of it actually bad, but I loathe it when you see a bunch of Star Fox fanboys who can't take the fact that it isn't the original. It's fine if you love Star Fox and maybe would rather have a regular game than a spin-off, but that doesn't mean you can complain because the spin-off isn't a regular Star Fox game.

holy ****! same! Dreamcast is the best of all time. Dreamcast FTW!!!!
Yes. Even though I just recently got a Dreamcast, I can wholeheartedly say that it is awesome. Way ahead of its time, too -- online play in '99? And no one gives it credit for that, you've just got uninformed morons on forums calling it the biggest flop of all time (that's not about anyone on this forum, I saw it on another one).

finalark

SNORLAX
Yes. Even though I just recently got a Dreamcast, I can wholeheartedly say that it is awesome. Way ahead of its time, too -- online play in '99? And no one gives it credit for that, you've just got uninformed morons on forums calling it the biggest flop of all time (that's not about anyone on this forum, I saw it on another one).
The Dreamcast was awesome, I had a friend who had one of those and **** was it way ahead of its time. I really think the factor that Sega's incredible little box's failure was due to three things:

1: The fact that that levitation of a gaming company EA refused to support it at all. And for some reason Madden, which is basically the SAME EXACT GAME every year seems to sell systems...

2: When it was released. Lets face it, the late 90-early 2000s really was an awkward time to release something. You come to a point where the PS/N64 era really isn't over but is starting to come to that. I think that it really crashed because development companies were somewhat unsure if they should make games for the Dreamcast or if they should wait a bit to see what else comes out.

3: The Playstation 2. Don't get me wrong, I own a PS2 and love it, but I really think that most gamers, especially western gamers, flocked straight to this machine when it came out. I really don't know why, it's not like the PS2 couldn't do anything the Dreamcast couldn't. And I actually think that the PS2 early graphics are worse than the Dreamcast's. But for some reason, the PS2 was a hit that outsold the Dreamcast. Shame the Dreamcast didn't live long enough for any developers to really bring out its true graphical potential.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i loved the gamecube, i was the only one of my friends that got one of those for christmas instead of a ps2 or an xbox, i dont know why i love other games on other consoles, but nintendo has always seemed to be my favorite.

T-major

Smash Champion
No one mentioned Paper Mario 2 yet? really? ... :|(and yes. it was better than the first one)

But I agree with you. GC FTW! the way I see it; PS2 had good games. Gamecube has amazing games. :D

LSDX

Wah!
Needs more Melee and Paper Mario:TTYD

+1 McSnapple pts. for Starfox Assault reference

Top Bottom