• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and Watch Matchup Export: Ice Climbers

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Work on our spacing. Thats the only way we can win. ICs Grab range sucks but if we can space our moves perfectly and punish their mistakes we can possibly win

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The thing with Icies here is that there are 2 of them. That means there is also extended shieldhitlag and everything. It gives Icies a much bigger window to grab between hitboxes or ISSDI towards you. Thanks to this bair is really really risky on shield even when well spaced.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
So what I'm taking away from this thread is that if I ever encounter IC's in a tourney I should:

up-b them about 40 times,

and then use b-air's landing hitbox for the KO?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You must edgeguard ICs. G&W will **** them offstage. When ICs are recovering low, use dair. This will hit Popo out of their upB and Nana is stuck on the ledge and they die.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Actually I was playing against a marth and losing awfully so I decided to just up-b them repeatedly and do nothing else.

It worked surprisingly well until I got bored and decided to try using another move, at which point I started getting ***** again.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
How do you get them to this position? I know we **** on them offstage, but how can we get them there if they beat us so easily onstage?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That is the problem. We can't without taking huge risks. Perhaps Dtilt, but watch out or you get grabbed. :(
Feels Batman...

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Is dtilt safe to use against a close Ice Climber? I think they can dash grab after the hitbox, but can we UpB before they grab us?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If well spaced I am sure upB is fast enough. There is just the problem that even if they powershield that thing just once, you are done for.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
But that's the same for like.. everything of ours, except maybe a well spaced bair/fair or an uair when they are on a platform above.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah but bair can be easily reacted to and you are stuck to it for quite a while. If ICs are really good at it, bair is almost always unsafe.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
+2 or +3 in ICs favor.

Grab is stupid, we can SDI through your bair and grab you. I'm pretty sure we can uair through your dair, or at least space horizontally so your dair misses. We can camp you better than vice-versa, and we just spin and you can't do anything.

#ohgodwhywouldyoueverplaythis

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Esam I'm pretty sure ICs uair can beat dair directly. Whenever I play the MU, I try to directly below him to beat it. If I try to hit him from the side, key beats it.
This is G&W worst MU.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
We shouldn't really do anything. Just wait for them to do something else. They can't shield forever and they can't do any quick and long ranged stuff out of a shield.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I mean against an IC who just sits and waits for us to come to them. How can we approach?

And stages to avoid in this MU?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well bait the shield then. They have to release it eventually. Other than that you are simply ****ed.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Well, not gg but say bye-bye to a stock.

One thing we have going here is how easily we can kill nana if they become separated.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That is true for every single damn character in the game. Every single character can kill Nana without trouble if they are separated, so it doesn't count as an advantage. What matters is how easily and safely the character can separate them.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Well yes, but I was facing an IC player and I killed Nana at 30%. That seems pretty useful, and i think I separated with a bair while they were in the air trying to uair juggle.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes, but as I said, every character can do that. It's all about the separating and G&W can't do that without taking huge risks.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Risks that take your entire stock if you make a slight mistake?
I don't find G&W to be an unsafe character. With good spacing he doesn't need to overcommit.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah, but remember the if part. We don't have a grab at all in this MU which hurts us a lot and there isn't much we can do about their shield because of that.

Top Bottom