• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GAH! BACK ME UP!!! They're trying to get RID of the "NEW BRAWL+ FEATURE"!!!

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
That... That was beautiful. :crying:

It's really a shame Ness can't do this normally. Heck, I'd play Brawl+ for this alone.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Oh yes! ****ing Nintendo! Why didn't you ever think of this? Wait. If Ness doesn't fly back far enough, can he use PKT again? O_o

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wait, so can you just PKT into the ground and still have your double jump if you dropped from the ledge and used it?...

This is way too good.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
yeah if you didn't use your double jump and you upB [be careful when upB-ing because you might trigger the double jump right before the upB unless you have Tap Jump off], then yeah you can upB and double jump after the upB is gone, however that may happen

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Oh god...... Imagine the mindgames you could do with this.......

You knock an opponent to the sky, they slowly fall back down. You jump up, send PKT1 to the ground, they airdodge, and you start PKT again and PKT2 them :laugh:

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Um...am I the only one who sees this as not as game-changing? It looks cool, but Ness is still in a bad spot when PKT is eaten. The vid used to show this kinda shows its flaws, which are pretty much the same as Brawl's PKT. :urg:

Does anyone know if this applies to PKT that is grounded or struck by attacks?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
no matter how it happens, if the PKT stops, Ness can do another PKT. What's good is that it's at LEAST a little bit of an edge...ALSO it helps tremendously in teams. In Melee and Brawl I've been in teams matches where I'll be recovering and my teammate will get launched and end up eating my PKT in the process...so it's nice to be able to still recover after that

Uffe

Smash Hero
Um...am I the only one who sees this as not as game-changing? It looks cool, but Ness is still in a bad spot when PKT is eaten. The vid used to show this kinda shows its flaws, which are pretty much the same as Brawl's PKT. :urg:

Does anyone know if this applies to PKT that is grounded or struck by attacks?
I'm sure that if something like Samus' Charge Shot hits Ness' PKT, he can use it again in the air.

_clinton

Smash Master
I'm sure that if something like Samus' Charge Shot hits Ness' PKT, he can use it again in the air.
Yep...from the sounds of it...the only way he will enter free fall is if he is done with PKT2 like normal...

So this isn't that game breaking...however it is pretty nice to note that Ness did just get a little bit harder to edge guard...

Still...the range on PKT2 is an issue for the same reasons...

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Well this was an entirely unneeded and completely unnecessary change.

Ness was MEANT to die offstage when PKT is eaten. <<

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
WHAT???? No he's not...that's such a horrible decision from the very beginning. I'd understand if his recovery was otherwise amazing, but it's not. If you're dumb or slow enough to be in the path of PKT2, then it seems like an "effective" or "good" recovery. But it's not. It's ****ing terrible and this is a big big deal for Ness players but it doesn't make it broken or "too good" by ANY means. It just means that GOOD Ness players now have options.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
that could be unbelievably useful in teams, especially double ness. you can both crazy recovering your health while the opponent thinks you're going to recover....

if only you could do this in normal brawl...

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Once they bring back Ness's sweetspot on the ledge too, then I will be really happy. Right now trying to sweetspot the ledge will = you wall bouncing to your death

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
At first, I'm questioning the whole idea of infinite PSI Thunder, but it was I believe mostly on the basis that Up B moves needing to generally cause the user to be helpless after using them.

However, the thing about infinite PSI Thunder is that it can still let Ness fight back. Ideally, what I would want to see is characters' individual off-balance and on-balance games fairly balanced out with each other. Case in point: Olimar. YoshSSB knows that Olimar's Up B is a tether recovery so he edgeguarded it in our match. However, the second time he tried it, I used the Pikmin Chain early enough that I latched onto the edge before he could, he got hit, and he bounced off the edge and to a demise that would have been early had his percentage not already been fairly high. And tiers consider the tether recovery his main, if not sole, weakness, with rather valid reason because he's rather powerful on-balance. Why do you think he rose up 8 spots? I don't think it could even happen simply because of things like the Whistle Armor.

Anyway, I hope Nintendo, in the next SSB, gives Ness or (preferably) Paula the infinite PSI Thunder. It would take only one measly change to the coding to do this anyway.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
Got to it already. And I generally am not a supporter of Brawl+, but at least see where it's coming from.

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
It would be best to get the argument settled as soon as possible. The longer its out there the more people will join in and make this a larger issue. With an issue raging on we will continually have to fear this change will get taken out. I suggest everyone that goes in to defend Ness to say their peace and then leave, further objections will just make the opposition more riled up.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
One thing is for sure: I'll remember this idea when I make my next video about future SSB ideas. :p

I wholeheartedly support this idea at least. Variety can actually help game balance, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Top Bottom