• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA Melee Power Rankings: The United States of Dan vs The People's Republic of Tong

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I decided that since we're taking the PR in a different direction, we couldn't adhere to the traditions of old and name it after food. So i'll just make up some BS whenever we update.

probably will do food next since food is easier than coming up with stuff.

Official panel, voted on by GA's melee community.

Panel:
DogySamich
Anomic_Punk/Fullmetal
Marty/GA Peach
SleepyK

This was disputed and carefully considered.

Since I am making the thread, there will of course be unnecessary things added for no reason.

Legends:
Bobby/just1111
Co_and_me
Mike G
Tong

SleepyK

expect some graphical upgrades when i get around to it.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Can I at least have Blue Ganon if you -have- to put me on this :/

I only disagree with one placing.

SleepyK

please do update me with your colors. i am bad at remembering

SleepyK

please present opinions.
this is america.
dissent is patriotic

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
still dont see HIIH or LoudJohn but i guess that have to start ****** ga tournies to get on this list...Seriously get at them lol :p

SleepyK

XIF is semi retired.
plus, he represents Florida by his own choice.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Well my opinion is one that will, like always, create much controversy.

I just think the list is a little backwards, and many considerations seem to be overlooked. None of which I'll post on smashboards.

But also I don't agree with putting every single person that's "retired" on the Legends list. I thought it was supposed to be the Legends List, not the "Were Once On the Real List List". Pretty soon that legends category is going to look ridiculous. Just saying, whatever happened to just falling off the list?

I get the politics of it all but it's the Power Rankings guys not the Make Everyone Happy Rankings.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Needs more Mike G on ranking list imo
I'm going back to full retirement after pound. I'll play for fun an all that still though :)

Other than that, I won't comment much on this PR mostly because of my above statement lol. But you guys are going in the right direction :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Not enough Falcon.

btw you guys should go to Bama for the summer tournament. It's all Melee

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
I'm going back to full retirement after pound. I'll play for fun an all that still though :)

Other than that, I won't comment much on this PR mostly because of my above statement lol. But you guys are going in the right direction :)
I heard the retirement age is going up soon >.>

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
meh, I'll let these kids(and GAwes, Dogy) have their PRs. When I see you and the rest of the old skool cats come back to it, I might tag along:)

SleepyK

tong is a legend

112 and carter i can see not being on there

eugenio what color

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Are those favors you're asking for? What did we tell you?
I got my favor asking papers a couple of weeks ago, you don't have to burn another cross on my lawn, chad. Jeeeeeez.

tong is a legend

112 and carter i can see not being on there

eugenio what color
red marth, white falco, original blue falcon. In that order. Thanks.

USA

chaddd

Smash Lord
I got my favor asking papers a couple of weeks ago, you don't have to burn another cross on my lawn, chad. Jeeeeeez.

red marth, white falco, original blue falcon. In that order. Thanks.

USA
:laugh:

I like how you ended your post in USA.

And don't be silly, we'd never issue you those sort of qualifications. That's like giving a fat chick free burgers for life, it just wouldn't end well.

Purple

Hi guys!
lol chad, always oh so humorous

anyways, one comment

Hasn't rayku placed higher or even with eugene in most if not all tourneys ever since halloween?

And beat higher said members of said pr that was said considered by said panelist?

Anyway we should use cooler pictures in our brawl pr next time rayku :(

and since you're in the list, if you qualify, you should be in the brawl one too; man up, etc.

and doesn't soft use like 10 billion characters on a 32 character roster?

SleepyK

rayku doesn't go to as many tournaments.

s0ft only uses two or three in the end.

SleepyK

chaddd you should post your opinions. discussion adds to the pr.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Rayku lost to Eugenio at Halloween Bash but then beat FullMetal at GAwes's tournament.

idk, I think Rayku's placing is pretty accurate for the time being. He has been ****** lately but once again, his attendance.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
John could ya get that sheik away from my name, it's bad enough I play marth. =P

:laugh:

I like how you ended your post in USA.

And don't be silly, we'd never issue you those sort of qualifications. That's like giving a fat chick free burgers for life, it just wouldn't end well.
haha

seriously though you've got to stop burning crosses in front of my house, my mom called the police last time. Took em' an hour to there though.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I'm semi-retired in the fact that I can't play as much anymore. I can't go to pound 4 which is a big setback for me, but to be honest, the discussion for crew demotivated me from going. Had I been a serious consideration for crews (which I felt like I should have been) I would have tried much harder to go. But as it is, there were posts talking about Lady Legion being better than me (no offense to the beast that is lady legion, but I mean do none of my accomplishments amount to anything?). I feel like I should've been like the number 7 or 8 spot on the crew, but whatever.

I would still like to play, but finding a job along with MCTS certification is taking up my time (plus my dad johns).

But I opted out of this PR for multiple reasons: 1 to avoid some possible drama (very very very minor) 2 is that I really havent played much lately and 3 is that in a crew battle setting, I would rep FL. My stance before was that because I live in GA and go to GA tournaments I should be in the GA PR. Without me going to tournaments that argument is lost.

I'll still beat the dog piss out of everyone though. Dont even try.

As for the list, my only changes would be with Cornel and GAWes. Cornel as we all know is very inconsistent, and I think his placing should reflect it, but 6 doesn't feel right. Cornel has always been hard to rank IMO. GAWes is better than Dan and Rayku... come on guys.

Top Bottom