• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA Community Discussion. (venues)

Purple

Hi guys!
I just want a thread dedicated to all the information people will need in order to be in the loop for smash.

First topic, venues and information about them. We have Waba Game, Ga Tech, SPSU, and a new sideways toys (something like that). I'll put the information about Waba here soon. Can someone give me the information about the other places? This format by the way.

Venue Name
Venue Location
Venue Address
The amount the Venue can hold.
How much space it has (or can fit comfortably)
Usual Door fees
Tournament Schedule. (if any)

Purple

Hi guys!
Venues

Waba Game
-Duluth, Ga
-3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Suite 128
Duluth, GA 30096
-Venue can hold comfortable 150+ people.
-Door fees for small events is 5 dollars, large events 10-15
-Tournament Schedule- Monthly (starting Mar. 6th)
-678-417-9222

Gamers XPerience
-Lithonia, GA
-6981 Main St.
Lithonia, GA 30058
-Capacity unknown
-$5 Door Fee (Groups of 10+: $4 Door Fee each)
-770-469-5004
Mon - Fri
2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Sat
10:00 am - 10:00 pm
Sun
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm

Southern Poly State University (SPSU)
-Marietta, GA
-1100 South Marietta Parkway
Marietta, GA 30060-2896
- Capacity varies
a) FrozenHobo's apartment: ~10 people.
b) Community center: 20-30 people
-Free Entry Fee
-There is no set schedule; No Tournaments have been planned.

bigman40

Smash Master
Dude, the people that posts on the Locator thread leave as soon as they post. We need a better way to use the locator thread rather than now.

Umby

Smash Master
Wasn't there a place called Gamers Xperience or something like that in Lawrenceville?

edit, yes there is, except it's Lithonia:

Gamers XPerience
6981 Main St.
Lithonia, GA 30058
$5 Door Fee
Groups of 10+: $4 Door Fee each

bigman40

Smash Master
There's a gaming center 2 mins away from my dad's place. It's called Xspot Gaming. I'll get the details later. I know that Scatt said there's another place that could host tourneys. I also know of a gaming center in Conyers (I think, it's been a while since I've been to it) that we could use to host tourneys too.

Edit: Umby, we're talking about the same one.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Dude, the people that posts on the Locator thread leave as soon as they post. We need a better way to use the locator thread rather than now.
Good thing you don't need people to read posts in order to call them...?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Venue Name: Southern Poly State University (SPSU)
Venue Address: 1100 South Marietta Parkway | Marietta, GA 30060-2896
Venue Capacity: FrozenHobo's apartment: around 10 people. Community center: 20-30 people
Usual Door fees: Free
Tournament Schedule: There is no set schedule. We might start hosting tournaments Thursday night, I just have to talk to Ron. We might also host tournaments on Saturdays. We don't have any tournaments planned yet, but we definitely will once the time comes for it.

Rayku

Smash Lord
What about people that don't even leave their numbers and such? Hell, they say PM them, but they probably don't even answer it.
If they don't leave their number and tell you to PM them, and don't respond to PM's, they obviously don't check smashboards often and don't care about the game regardless.

D

Deleted member

Ask Kazoo about GA Tech's lobby room for a venue. I believe he said it could be used again.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Chas and i are gonna be going to a venue soon and we'll check out how close it is to people and if they offer tournaments or some stuff.

DRN

Smash Lord
Chas and i are gonna be going to a venue soon and we'll check out how close it is to people and if they offer tournaments or some stuff.
Yea our video game club teacher told us about it and were going there after school or during the weekend some time. I think she mentioned something about $5 but iunno if that was for the whole day or for just an hour. I'll make sure to find out prices for the day and hours its open. I will also check to see if we could possibly find a discount if we bring in a large group of people.

We will talk to the manager and ask if he'd allow us to run a tourney. Of course this is all assuming that we like the Venue and it is large enough to hold a tourney in. We will also take in consideration the TV's and set ups they have there to make sure we arent playing on super laggy tvs all on the same set up.

What other things should i look for in the Venue besides the usual Size-Prices-Set Ups-Location?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I think I have one in warner robins and one in macon.

I don't like the WR one cause it's a teen center that's only open at like, 8-12 on friday night.

I don't like the Macon venue ATM cause they chop half the pot. I think I could work on that.

I'm half-a**ly working on it.

Top Bottom