• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA Brawl PR updated 3/14/10. Now with Salt level status!

Stage Striking or Random Select?

• Stage Striking (FD, BF, YI, LC, SV)

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Random Select (FD, BF, YI, SV)

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Mutual agreement between players

Votes: 16 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayku

Smash Lord
"Advisement - The GA power ranking thread is created not to envoke rivalries and bitter personal attacks. The purpose of the power ranking thread and the goal of the voting members is to provide the players of GA and anyone interested in such a means to generally compare the skill of GA players. It is not meant to say that person 4 beats person 6 every time, yet to simply state that on a consistent basis, these players outrank others in tournaments or respected matches (i.e. money matches or rivalry matches)."
-GA Melee Power Rankings thread, Gerbil

This top 10 Power Rankings was decided after discussion by the 3 panelists: Rayku, BigLou, and Pervatasaurus. Former panelist Daysoo is retired from Smash.

Panelist Rayku has requested to stay off the PR for the time being

Salt Level PR
1) Roxy
This guy has never had a counterpick stage once in his life. He always goes back to the same level. When taking the barline challenge, he GAVE Rayku $5 just to play, and still lost it. The following tournament, he did 3 barline challenges in one day (which is against the rules) and lost all 3 times, going random half the time.​
2) Rayku
This guy Rayku has never won a Brawl tournament before. Why? Because of BigLou. They live close together, so every tournament Rayku goes to, BigLou does too. And he ***** him. Rayku is #2 not only because of his permanent salt towards BigLou, but because of his ability to make people -extra- salty towards him (see above). He has also stated several times that if T3h Albino were to ever attain the #5 spot on the PR, he would put himself on it for the first time to prevent this from happening.​
3) Saltix
Though not a very active member of the community, Saltix's name came from one of the most ridiculous events GA Brawl has seen. Being so salty that title of "Best Lucario in GA," which is oh so important, he Pride Match'ed Rayku in a Lucario ditto, and ended up winning. He got the replay off of another person's Wii and uploaded the set himself, to prove his dominance. Truly, a contender of salthood.​
4) Daysoo
Desu was the original trainer for being salty. His salty habit of immediately asking for a money match after every loss in tournament carried on to his Blazblue career, where he raged and played multiple friendlies against Gear after losing in Tager Dittos. He's become a top contender in blazblue with his low tier main, however taking a match, or even a round, off of him will still bring back that same salty habit.​
5) Dynomite
Dynomite is the master of winning Money Matches, and due to idiocy rematching the same money match and losing. This habit sparked during his 20 dollar 'double or nothing' money match against Turtl, where after winning the money match 4-0, Turtl requested a double or nothing and won 4-3. Ever since then, Dynomite has constantly lost to PR members in tournament, and in a salty rage, requested a money match immediately after the final stock was lost. What truly puts him in this place was Final Round XIII. After Losing to BoT in tournament, he money matches him again and loses; then money matches immediately after and loses again, and again, losing a total of 15 dollars in that span of brawl matches.​

The Brawl Barline will have no effect on Power Rankings; all it will do is give you street cred to your friends that you actually know what you're doing.

The "Barline" will be

Rayku's :ike: or
Fullmetal's :marth:

Other Barline Challenges will be discussed amongst the Panel, but for now this will be all.

People who have passed
x4leafx :pt:
TuRtL :falco:
BigLou :snake:/:luigi2:
Micaelis :dk2:

People who have failed
ZOM~B
Dynomite
Scatz
Pervatasaurus
BBQ
Yiff
Player-3
Fate
Loda
xExile
Iblis
Reinhardt College

If you do not approve of this list, go out and fix it yourself.

Purple

Hi guys!
2010 Fall Season GA Power Rankings

1) Kismet2
2) Biglou
3) Player-1
4) Scatt
*5/6) Turtl
5/6) Micaelis

7) Dynomite
8) Alby
9) Neo_X
10) Scatz
Honorable Mentions *in no particular order*
Player-3 *great improvement; pr potential*
Billy *lives in AL*​

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Put snake off my name

<_<. Even though I want to co main him as of now I never end up using him in tourney matches.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Looks pretty good, although I don't know if GA brawl constitutes for a top 10. Some players aren't consistent enough (as of yet). Albino or Neo-X didn't place at any of the tournaments that you guys used. I know that they are probably better than most of GA... but it just doesn't seem right. I would much rather see a top 7 or maybe top 8 but I guess I can't really argue the traditionalism of a top 10 PR.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Looks pretty good, although I don't know if GA brawl constitutes for a top 10. Some players aren't consistent enough (as of yet). Albino or Neo-X didn't place at any of the tournaments that you guys used. I know that they are probably better than most of GA... but it just doesn't seem right. I would much rather see a top 7 or maybe top 8 but I guess I can't really argue the traditionalism of a top 10 PR.
A top 5 was considered, but a "top 7/8" PR is just an odd number.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
a "top 5" makes the 6-10 play harder for placing.

Or it will at least show the ones that put in the effort.

just throwing that in there, take it or leave it lol

Rayku

Smash Lord
a "top 5" makes the 6-10 play harder for placing.

Or it will at least show the ones that put in the effort.

just throwing that in there, take it or leave it lol
I pushed for a top 5, but the other two panelists disagreed.

Is there anything that needs changing, Mr. G?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
also, just wondering, what purpose does the barline serve? For melee it showed that if a new player passed it, he is capable of adapting and doing melee stuff.

There are people in the power rankings that can't pass your barline @_@
so what exactly is it proving?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
also, just wondering, what purpose does the barline serve? For melee it showed that if a new player passed it, he is capable of adapting and doing melee stuff.

If this is true, then this will be the next problem with the list.

Also unrelated but It can help for GA improvement purposes.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254970

And....I think Big Lou should main snake...why?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hpn8X9uhKIM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hpn8X9uhKIM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

yeeaaaahhhhhhhh..........

Rayku

Smash Lord

I would like to say that if you pass the barline, you are eligible to be on the Power Rankings because it shows that you know the basics of Brawl, such as punishing, reading, and putting up one's shield

Edit@MikeG: Look at Metaknight's uptilt.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I would like to say that if you pass the barline, you are eligible to be on the Power Rankings because it shows that you know the basics of Brawl, such as punishing, reading, and putting up one's shield

Edit@MikeG: Look at Metaknight's uptilt.
uhhh ok. the way you posted that makes GA seem really **** at Brawl, saying that you can be on the PR if you know the basics of Brawl. but maybe you meant something else or I just misinterpreted it.

I nearly died at MK's uptilt, then I saw his glide attack x.x

I just realized that GA has no metaknights lol.

Purple

Hi guys!
the basics are very unlooked if you didn't know. alot of people don't seriously know the basics here, knowing the basics and having a main is pretty **** goood. ****, knowing the basics beats 80 percent of the scrubs in any game. You're just thinking too hard about it.

barline shows you aren't an idiot. it doesn't have a full served purpose, just something we're putting out there to see if people actually do it. As far as i'm concerned though it's not for money.

by the way i see no honorable mentions here. I remember we actually having a discussion about those selected people

Player-1

Smash Legend
well, the barline thing is kind of implying that there will be more than one level, and if beating Rayku's Ike puts you in the top 10 for PR then what would the next one be? Top 5? At that point a barline is pretty dumb, maybe just put Rayku's Ike at level 2 or something.

PR looks pretty good, agreed with just about everything.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
well, the barline thing is kind of implying that there will be more than one level, and if beating Rayku's Ike puts you in the top 10 for PR then what would the next one be? Top 5? At that point a barline is pretty dumb, maybe just put Rayku's Ike at level 2 or something.

PR looks pretty good, agreed with just about everything.
It does not imply there will be more than one level. The Melee Barline does not have more than one level, although I am pushing for barline level 2 because it's fun :)

Rayku

Smash Lord
It does not imply there will be more than one level. The Melee Barline does not have more than one level, although I am pushing for barline level 2 because it's fun :)
To quote myself, I said in the OP "The first level of barline will be"

This implies there will be more than one level. Otherwise I would have just said "The barline will be"

When I originally said that, I was thinking of putting Fullmetal's Marth at barline level 2.

This is just an experiment, honestly. I want to see how it works. Ike is a very linear character, and I'm not exceptional with him.

How does it imply that GA is **** at Brawl? I think you're just being ridiculously skeptical and are downing any idea of change.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I still think this should be a top 5 for reasons said earlier.
hmm, a top 5 with honorable mentions?

what ever happened to fullmetal lol. in all fairness, 4god and fullmetal both have been to the same amount of tournaments in a recent time period and fullmetal has placed more consistent.

Player-3

Smash Hero
lol

by this list i sohuld be top 8 if i would stop going random characters i dont play in tourny matches

but idc about brawl anymore

ill volunteer my marth for barline 2 if you guys agree its not too bad imo

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
lol

by this list i sohuld be top 8 if i would stop going random characters i dont play in tourny matches

but idc about brawl anymore

ill volunteer my marth for barline 2 if you guys agree its not too bad imo
1) why are you paying $10 just to lose it by going random character?
2) BARLINES mean nothing
3) no johns
4) NO JOHNS!

i dont like you rayku :(

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I agree, Mike, but I was out-voted amongst the panel
Well Jamaal told me he was cool with it when I saw him at work today.

And no, I didn't force him to change his mind or anything lol. So that leaves Big Lou.

Purple

Hi guys!
no more conversation about the PR, this is really just hear for show, enter more tournaments, step it up, etc.

you see rayku, you didn't read the conversation in aim correctly, we all sheep'd biglou.

it was 2v1 in our favor, biglou just has a BIG *** ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom