• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia: XL-Edition | Day 5!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I actually like this setup and think it is interesting (give or take whatever the hot nurse role does, please explain that :) )
that being said I don't think 4 PRs to 3 is very simple. eh.
whatever, still enjoyed the game.
Hot Nurse can pick between Roleblocking and Protecting somebody each Night phase.

Why a comp cop over a normal one? Tailor?

Why a vanilla cop fir mafia to find PRs?

Why did specific people have guns on them?
1.) Cop is a bad role. Comparison Cop is a good role
2.) Vanilla Cop + Roleblocker is a very solid bread and butter set-up for a mafia team
3.) People got guns based on their roles. Cops/Investigators, Vigs and Mafiosi make sense to have a gun.

oh, and @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ does the tailor affect the comp cop?
Nope.

:059:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
fwiw i was 95% the team was kantrip/nabe. the problem was explaining those reads to the rest of town.

nabe blocking ryu twice, but still voting us was a complete ****fest lol, obviously something wrong there.
potato pushed us both the start of d3 and d4 with too much eagerness to really be townie. it was obvious fmpov but yeah basically when you say 'im gonna wait until x' and then in your next post you vote anyways... lol that ain't townie.

still, props to kanty who played well and bussed hard

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
For the record scum made the right choice killing me last night. I would've bodied Nabe over Marshy no questions asked on "we'd lose anyways" logic when I know Ryu and Badwolf wouldn't/didn't have the guts.

In lylo after that?? Well that'd have been a much harder choice but realistically it'd have been Badwolf picking between Kantrip and Marshy and it wouldn't have gone well, but still, it was the right call on the shot.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
All Mafiosi had a gun
Maven, Laundry, Dietz and Ice & Fire also had a gun each

All uninformed.

Not sure I agree with Fire & Ice having a gun in this sense, but the Comparison Cop + Gunsmith worked as intended well. (or would've I imagine if Comparison Cop wasn't the first kill)

For the record it was the timing that killed my belief of such a claim, not so much the claim itself @Maven89 . Unlike Marshy/Kary's thoughts I was of the opinion It worked in a setup where I knew I had a gun as town and Laundry had a gun as town, but it worked too well as a claim when you already had two positive results and hadn't ever said anything until the day when it suddenly mattered. Just couldn't swallow it as is compared to the play.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wasn't a truly simple setup maybe, so we got juked a wee bit there, but a reasonable one.

My only real regret is an inactive lynch we got forced into from KevMo for numbers reasons.

Last edited:

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
lookin at playerlist

karebear was one of the better hydra partners ive had n wuld like to do it again sometime

ruy is still biting too hard into claims after years of me playing with him. its like yu havent learned ****

nabe was scummy

potato played well

bwolf was trash n shuld b blacklisted

jexs played poorly n shuld not overextend when trying to mislynch townies

ice&fire was homiez

gorf shuldve played

orbo was null/townie. ppl wanting to lynch yu was bull**** but i didnt wanna whiteknight yu in the offchance yu were scum. **** kevin/rajam for being so on yur **** for no reason

laundry played scummy at first but got better. was sad wen yu died

kevin shuldve played

rajam was obnoxious as **** n was glad as hell to see yu having died. get off my **** n stop scumriding me for "its marshy" meta reasons

maven actually played his role well n shuldnt be blamed for anything. any1 who bought my argument d4 when arguing with him is dumb cuz everything he said made sense. i remember thinking 'damn. this guy looks town' when arguing with him but kept pushing cuz if yu say i hav a gun when i kno i dont my hand is forced. most of what i said was bull****

jd was enjoyable and obvtown when he really got into it

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
Badwolf said himself he's leaving. Let's drop it.
badwolf also said hed play the game. so no lets not drop it n instead be adults to confront a problem n stop tolerating his negative impact on them. im adding this 1 to the list i present in anything he tries to join. if any mod is dumb enough to let him in another one then yu kno the game yure tryna join aint worth playin

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
ruy is still biting too hard into claims after years of me playing with him. its like yu havent learned ****
When did I do this for scum players? If anything this stopped me from lynching 2 players that I would have wanted dead, Laundry/Jdietz.

Nabe? I wanted him dead but I didn't like your play given how you treated a lot of players and how you vs Maven went down.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
naw dude. yu lynched me cuz of the guilty ****. i refuse to believe yu wouldnt give me a chance to make a post outside of that. youre right that we were ****ed with bwolf in a position of importance anyway but id been sayin it was time to pump the brakes on the claiming/results fiasco but yu ultimately went off the guilty. bwolf was hopeless but i think i culdve convinced yu at the very least cuz i was piecing the setup together n it looked like a tripwire

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
While I may not have given input I had read through the game and made a decision based on that. Blacklist me if you will.

RR, Zen, Ambro if anyone of you want to stay in contact let me know I'll check next week.

Goodbye.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Here's a summary of impressions I have on the players in this game:

[collapse="Thoughts"]Everybody played terrible except Kantrip and Hardbody.

The end.[/collapse]

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wasn't a truly simple setup maybe, so we got juked a wee bit there, but a reasonable one.
You really think so? Except for the Combat Medic all Townies were either Vanilla or nerfed PRs. The only "janky" thing that ended up making a difference was the tailor but that affected the game more than it should've because Maven misunderstood his role. In the end, I think even the Tailor was fair game. More than half of the players had no gun and of the people that had guns, more than half of were actually town anyway.

Let's look at it this way: had I made the setup open I'm sure most people would agree that the setup is fairly simple overall. Speaking of open setups ... my next one will be one of them. Imma host a lot more open setups in the future.

Rajam

Smash Champion
bwolf n ruy are whack for that. i was going to type up a post explaining that this setup was made for town to trip over itself with claims

...and it did! good job handing the game to scum without a fight yu two!
Agreed on BWolf, not on Ryu though. imo town didn't play bad overall and it was mostly a well-deserved scum victory (MVP Potassium btw, amazing play, amazing disconnection with JeXs on D1 and also Nabe through claims later). Town defeat could be explained because of:
- Getting our comp cop NKilled asap
- Clear townie not doing anything
- Another townie just vanishing at early mid-game
- Potassium playing amazing
There are other factors of course but I think these are some of the most important. I'll give shout-outs later.

Thanks @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ ! As per usual great hosting and it was a fun game to play!

Rajam

Smash Champion
Why not? Is there a law that demands me to use the amount of investigative roles I used in my previous game?

I used two doctors in one setup.... good times

I liked the setup. Although I disagree with the indy, since I think he didn't have real chances of winning (assuming he was standard arsonist).

Rajam

Smash Champion
the **** people actually say these days :facepalm:
lmao I can respect that. It's just I've seen/been in games where scum plays bad yet town plays even worse. At least here scum played well and town still started with a good pace, lynching scum D1, D2, and D3 we were forced to quicklynch to avoid a modkill

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Comp cop seems pretty strong to me even with more than one anti town fac.

Our n1 was kev / nabe. Had we lived, game woulda been very diff.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
If the Firefighter had ended up being Hardbody, I think we would have been straight ****ed. A hard town counter for Arsonist occurred to us last Night, but it was really too late to do anything about it except to shrug and hope its claimant wasn't going to be an issue.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Imo if hardbody had avoided a lynch rhat last day then it would have been hardbody/bw/kantrip in lylo
And it woulda turned out the same way

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Can't you add us to the PM conv?
I left it ... ask Kantrip.

Arsonist gets no gun.

I used two doctors in one setup.... good times

I liked the setup. Although I disagree with the indy, since I think he didn't have real chances of winning (assuming he was standard arsonist).
Arsonist was completely Bulletproof, would show up unaligned with Mafia for the CCop and appears as having no gun to the gunsmith. He could bypass any jank that could possibly happen to an indy with ease and focus on his Day play entirely. Gorf blew it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
naw dude. yu lynched me cuz of the guilty ****. i refuse to believe yu wouldnt give me a chance to make a post outside of that. youre right that we were ****ed with bwolf in a position of importance anyway but id been sayin it was time to pump the brakes on the claiming/results fiasco but yu ultimately went off the guilty. bwolf was hopeless but i think i culdve convinced yu at the very least cuz i was piecing the setup together n it looked like a tripwire
When did I do this for scum players? If anything this stopped me from lynching 2 players that I would have wanted dead, Laundry/Jdietz.

Nabe? I wanted him dead but I didn't like your play given how you treated a lot of players and how you vs Maven went down.
I left it ... ask Kantrip.

Arsonist gets no gun.

Arsonist was completely Bulletproof, would show up unaligned with Mafia for the CCop and appears as having no gun to the gunsmith. He could bypass any jank that could possibly happen to an indy with ease and focus on his Day play entirely. Gorf blew it.

And here Gheb balances an indy's play well.
Indy people consider a trash addition, but here we see it working out a lot better.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Indys are only bad because people either hate how they murk with other things in the setup or its a pain reading for them, doesn't mean they are bad

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
i dont blame ryu for voting us after kantrip trolling and not laying the hammer down.

maven you better learn from this game yo. don't marry your role.

feel like this game couldve gone ways different based on how roles and night actions worked out. scum played it out well though, and it feels like anyone who was obvtown ate a bullet too soon. i had fun though so no complaints

thanks for modding Gheb

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Indies can be a good addition to many setups as long as long as their wincon requires them to actually take part during Day play. Whether you like them or not is a matter of personal preference. Starting to think that Indies are better used in open setups though.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
how "me vs maven went down" revolved around the guilty -_-. its baffling that yure sitting here tryna justify yur hammer where itdve been infinitely better to ask me about why i treated those slots the way i did (and even then thats an awful reason to suspect me for reasons that dont matter now) or allow me to make a post. yu n others are saying "we wuldve lost anyway" but they cant b sure of that considering potatos plan to endgame me wuld mean throwing out a vote in lylo where id look better after a nabe lynch. its also way better to lose not helping the scumteam just as a pride thing. i dont care that people are defending yu cuz theyre all wrong. i culdnt believe that was the case but in an environment where ****** thought it was a good idea to let bwolf in a game who can be surprised at this point

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
indy is sooooo dumb to think like. its like "think like town... BUT DONT THINK LIKE TOWN TOO MUCH CUZ WHEN SCUM DIES WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO" and then everything stresses you out and you dont know what your next play is and then you need a breather and then you forget to read and you wanna have town bros but well **** youre not town so then you go to consult your scummates oh **** no scummates so then you put the phone down and then you pick it up and OH **** ITS LIKE TWO DAYS LATER but you just had like the best two days ever so youre like "ya know lemme do that again" and then youre lynched and then you die.

Top Bottom