• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W is vulnerable when UpBing to the ledge

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
K Prime figured this out (i think).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3gO6w_5eyo

In short: When G&W UpBs to grab the ledge, there is a 1 frame vulnerability after G&W stops being invincible but before he grabs the ledge.

How does it affect you? It shouldn't really, though it would have if you didn't know about this. Having a 1 frame invulnerability window might be true but the opponent guessing when G&W will actually UpB is impossible. G&W has so many frames to wait and see what the opponent does. Them reacting in 14 frames (or less) is nearly impossible.

Also, G&W's sweetspot range is ridiculous!

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
wow G&W grabs the ledge from so far....

and baw,they have a higher chance of getting stage spiked lmao.
They're just better off edgehogging and punishing G&Ws landing instead.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah the standard Melee edgeguard really doesn't work that well in this game. Especially not on G&W's Up-B. Against Kirby or Ike though, it works amazingly well. But that's a different story.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, I didn't know that. Again.

But I don't think its THAT big of a deal, especially considering most people wouldn't know this anyway. SHHHHHHHHHH

:p

And isn't it "vulnerable"? Not "vulnerability" when jumping...ledge?

Top Bottom