• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

g-regulate plays ness

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I suggest more PK moves as well, but your arieal rises work well. Careful not to let them become predictable. Also you might want to distance yourself a bit from Wario.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
No offense but who are you? Are you a pro who played Ness in Melee like Simna? You present yourself as someone noteworthy so I'd simply like to know.
He presents himself as noteworthy? What, the "G-regulaete plays Ness"-title of the thread?

Also, G-Regulate was one of the top US Captain Falcons for Melee. And I think I groped him once. Double noteworthiness!

Uffe

Smash Hero
That's some pretty crazy stuff! I wish I could be more like that.

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
Good arieals. I'd suggest toning down the bat a little bit. Its slow start up makes it very situational (best used when you get the opponent trapped in pkf).

All-in-all, good start to ness. I agree with the others that you should work on your PK techniques to try to perfect your ness. :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He presents himself as noteworthy? What, the "G-regulaete plays Ness"-title of the thread?

Also, G-Regulate was one of the top US Captain Falcons for Melee. And I think I groped him once. Double noteworthiness!
Well, it was hard to tell because he didn't say anything about himself and this is the first time I've ever seen him despite me having an account for two years now. Regardless, it's good that I know now.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
G-Reg plays Ness!?
:scared:

Great Ness. Work a bit on the PK techs as described above. PKT mindgames are lovely, and PKF is awesome too. Grab a bit more also. Dthrow is great if you can play midgames with it.

Dekar173

Justice Man
them was some sexy aerial rises! As stated, more PK tactics (THOUGH, it WAS battlefield... So I'll cut some slack on the pointers there)

All in all very good, well played!

Uffe

Smash Hero
I used to play somewhat like that. Not so much bairs and uairs, though. Now I'm trying to go for more of what you did in that video and what EB does. EB owns and from the looks of this video, so does your Ness. While you may be able to see the attacks coming, a lot of the time it still strikes. I've got a question, though. Whenever I do aerial rises and shuffles I still get hurt in the process if the opponent blocks because they simple grab me or block and then strike. I feel like I've been playing on the offensive more. How can I save myself from getting hit when I'm all aerial and I want to land some attacks as I come down at the opponent who shields? Should I just not attack them after that or what?

I don't mean to be stealing your thunder here, G-Reg. ><

Levitas

the moon
Do the aerials earlier in the jump and use aerial control to retreat as soon as the attacks tap the shield if you fear punishment.

G-reg, good Ness. I like everything but the pk fire, but that ended abruptly too.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
pk fire sucks. i throw it in sometimes to mix it up but i usually get shielded and abused anytime i do it. isnt there like, a tipper to the pk fire where itll hit their feet while their shield is up? ive seen it happen sometimes, but otherwise i dont use pk fire much.

i just try to do simple short-hop aerial combos. like bair to falling uair, nair to falling uair, fair to falling nair, etc.. double-jump rising fairs seem to combo into lots of stuff, my favorite is the spike.

anytime i use fsmash its usually on accident, i agree its a slow move and not really worth using unless you know itll connect and kill.

i dont understand what you mean by PK thunder techs. like, i know how to recover well with it, and i usually annoy people who fly around up high with it, just to get scraps of damage. theres also that neat trick where you aim for them, but then hit yourself into them, which is tricky and sometimes works for a low % KO. what else can be done? thats all i know about.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Pk thunder can be used for mindgames. The tail of thunder is so long, you can angle it to stun people. Then angle it to hit yourself to ko another. Using it as a combo finisher usually kos or does alot of damage at least. And snaking it around can trick people. This video shows what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q0XtMVFic8

This also shows Pk fire being used well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jrRw1fSWsc

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
<shamless plug>
(video of a PKF tech)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Wcyi-Bjow

(video of some PKT2 kills)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ss6YP6cTfg
</shameless plug>

You whould be able to use pkf and pkt to really step up the game. Try looking into EB360's guide on pkf. There's a lot you can do with b-sticking to create spacing, and work mind games. About the the pkf hitting below the shield, you'd probably have to wear the shield down with a fair first, but I don't usually go for the feet, as it's easier to DI out of then.

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the links, that second vid cracked me up. pk thunder is hilarious.

haha, no problem. I do think PK thunder is just hilirious in every way. From the way he says it (my roomate swears he says dj butter) to the way opponents always wonder if they can hit you before you PKT2, it's just a fun move all around.

Top Bottom