• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fuzz's Music Production Thread

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
Originally this thread was to advertise my first production gig but i guess now it can serve as a function to show you guys the kinds of electronic music ive been working on and stuff

If you are a producer/composer too and want to show off some of your stuff just post it here and i will change the thread title to reflect the more communal nature of the thread.

Theres the link to my music production page.

http://www.soundcloud.com/fuzz-2

I am now on regular rotation playing gigs with a collective of perth producers and artists known as the community. If youre interested in seeing the WA talent weve got you should click on some of the links for the people i am following, Particularly Mathas, Diger Rokwell, Sibalance and The Boost Hero Man.

A lot of those guys are really good but theyre hell stuck in trying to help build fresh new talent and develop a flourishing arts scene in perth, I get the impression that given the level of talent they have a few of them could very well become successful musicians if they worked at it a bit more and if thats what they wanted.

As for me I'm still learning the basics of the basics of this stuff. I'm getting better at making beats and it may seem like there is a rapid progression over a small period of time but while this is true ive been spending ages working at it.

Well, have a listen. Hope you enjoy!
If not then thats okay too:D

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Cool stuff man, I've been messing around with electronic composition myself. I'll definitely check your stuff out when I get back from uni.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Atm I'm using Reaper, because it is free xD What do you use?

Out of the four in that link, the first is the best IMO. That may just be because I am a massive fan of drum and bass haha. Is that particular track available for download anywhere?

The problems I have is a lack of good samples, and a short attention span combined with an obsession with detail. I start of good, then things start to sound whack so I end up dropping stuff.

Do you have msn? It'd be cool to talk more about this stuff.

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
ill pm you my email so we can discuss it more,
but for the record i use mostly ableton/logic studio with some plugins from reason. Im getting into using vsts and other goodstuff, you might wanna check out if the internet has any free copies of ableton because its a REALLY good program available for windows/mac

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
Well...
if youre interested in coming then...

theres the poster!

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Just listened to all the ones you linked there.

I've gotta say dude, I love it. Truly.
Never worked with any sort of audio making program, so I can't say I'd have an in depth knowledge on how to do what your doing, but I'm impressed.

I would seriously consider buying a copy of these. Assuming of course you'd sell them to me.

Props sir.

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
Thanks man
I feel like i have really ideas musically but the excecution of those ideas when it comes to translating them into sound kinda falters a little bit. At the moment im working on getting enough music produced to release an EP, that being said im kinda unhappy with a couple of those tracks because now that ive improved at producing and i'm kind of developing my own style it starts to sound really primitive.

but yeah once ive finished an EP I could probably also chuck it on a site like bandcamp or some **** , first im just gonna work on some more tracks and try and get as much exposure in perth as possible. Because i'm with The Community (originally a perth-based collective of producers and artists, a logo that has now spread its way over to melbourne) it'll also give me the opportunity to play in melbourne too if i get good enough and confident enough in my ability.

for now im just really happy to see my production name on a poster!
it seems like kind of a small thing but its really exciting to see your name on someone elses artwork, especially for the first time.

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
I don't really like electronic that much (I listen to a bit of Aphex Twin and Infected Mushroom tho. I think I've got a kraftwerk album lying around somewhere as well...), but your stuff was really cool.

Only electronic program I've used other than Garage Band was FL studios :/

Splice

Smash Hero
wow man I had a listen, and some of the stuff is actually really good

I think the composition and note choices/harmonies are all great. Perhaps it gets a little dull, for me, in some areas, but really smart ideas are there in putting the track together.

The only problem I think is with production, it sounds a little unproffessional if you know what I mean.
Some sections sound too lo-fi in comparison to the sound I think you are going for and some instruments don't sound like they are fitting in too well with other sections because of the way they are produced... it sounds a bit MIDI is what I'm saying I guess, and MIDI isn't my area but I don't know if you could make it fit together a little more smoothly. Also the headphones I have aren't too good but the bass in the first track took over the other stuff a bit too much, it didn't really push the music imo it just kinda sat on top of it.

Of course they are old tracks so if they were your 4 attempts I'm sure this 'critique' is already laughable. Nice work.

Top Bottom