• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Future Directions for Sonic

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
So lately, the Sonic Boards have become my home, and I love the little blue blur and his whole game and all that. But as it has been widely noted, we have a lot of spam on the board and very few new ATs or even anything. So I think we should put our collective heads together and figure out something for Sonic. I really want to see a spring thread, and I know Tenki said he was interested in making one. I would be more than willing to help, if you need any. But yeah, let's try to think of some ways to expand Sonic's game.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
I think a combo Tutorial vid will be a very good Idea That would really help many Sonic users

Umby

Smash Master
Did you try the tutorial vid in the Sonic video thread, or in Anthinus's video thread, which has videos that I should add to the Sonic video thread?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sonic has TONS of AT's i dont know what your talking about.

maybe its just that all his ATs are somewhat nuance moves so they areent really game breaking but he has tons of crazy stuff to do

phate

Smash Apprentice
This board is great. It is by far the most productive character board out of the three guys i play. Really all these guys have done a marvelous job of advancing the character's metagame.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im pretty sure we have tenki to thank for that,

from what i remember, this board was pretty barren, (not even spam) before he came in with his Spin Dash explanation thread. with the exception of the random lucky match, back when he played brawl, which was about all of a week after the game came out...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
and rofl @ sonic's b-reversal, i had to put a helmet on. so that when it blew my mind it wouldnt get everything messy

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I think most of Sonic's ATs have already been found.

The only thing that still being looked into is figuring out the true double spring jump that doesn't really exist.

But there's like 3 or 4 threads of crazy Sonic AT to look at. My favorite (I pulled this one off yesterday, it was sooooooooo epic) is the dash attack spring cancel, where you do a dash attack, the opponent is knocked into the air. You use your spring to spring up, and your opponent will almost automatically spring up with you. That's when you hit him with an uair or a bair and call it an elimination. You're opponent's jaw will drop as you land and taunt, "You're too slow!"

Tenki

Smash Hero
That's not even an AT lol

Sonic's "AT's" aren't really very advanced. It's more like... techniques/moves done or built into special moves, but whose uses are so unique from each other.

they're cool though:
ASC cancel/multi-hit combo/KO
Spinshot
Spindash cancel (shield while side-B)
VSDJ (vertical spindash jump)
Jab lock
DAC
Homing Stall
Stutter step
Retreating F-smash/"Reverse" Stutter step
Springvincibility
Airdash
Foxtrot slide
Slow run/infinite run
B-reversal/B-reversal-cancel/B-reversal-grab
Airtrip (lol)/Footstool'd Double spring jump
Side-B invincibility frames

I don't think I have them all listed. But what's missing now is having the most appropriate usage for said techniques.

And there's still a bunch more to figure/map out, like followups to the aerials after spindash combos, grounded-spring usage/mindgames/movements (BlueTerrorist has some pretty nice usage of this ^.^), recovery tricks... etc.

Like I said elsewhere, I'm thinking of making a spring discussion thread, but right now, it seems to be too lose and complicated to explain the stuff you can do with it. ;__; It's like trying to explain the different setups you can do with PK thunder.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
So what is the exact definition of an AT?

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I think most of Sonic's ATs have already been found.

The only thing that still being looked into is figuring out the true double spring jump that doesn't really exist.

But there's like 3 or 4 threads of crazy Sonic AT to look at. My favorite (I pulled this one off yesterday, it was sooooooooo epic) is the dash attack spring cancel, where you do a dash attack, the opponent is knocked into the air. You use your spring to spring up, and your opponent will almost automatically spring up with you. That's when you hit him with an uair or a bair and call it an elimination. You're opponent's jaw will drop as you land and taunt, "You're too slow!"
May not be an "AT" but that is my absolute favorite Sonic move.:chuckle: For all the reasons listed above. hehehe

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
Since I posted this thread this board has exploded. Not necessarily in new ATs all the way through, but it has definitely gotten busier.

Top Bottom