• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fusion 3 ~ Mid Tiers Singles & Doubles, Livestream, and More!

Would you like this to be a 2 day event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Get ready for the next Fusion event! There is amazing potential for this event and I don't want ANYONE to miss it! This is during winter break, so no one should miss it. Even better, I'm ready to make this a 2 day event if people want, so vote on the poll!

DATE

Saturday, December 18th, 2010

If there is enough interest, we can make this a 2 day event being either Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.

ADDRESS AND VENUE INFORMATION

Red Fusion Gaming Center, part of the
Shore Mall
6725 Black Horse Pike
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234

The store is located towards the back of the mall. It would be best to part at the back entrance near the food court instead of the front.

If the tournament is big enough we will move it to a different, bigger location in the same mall.

PRICES AND EVENTS

Events are still being finalized depending on the number of days, and what we decide is best. However what I will promise for now is:

Venue Fee: $5 (Will be increased if it becomes a 2 day tournament)
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $20 per team
Brawl Mid Tier Singles: $5
Brawl Mid Tier Doubles: $10 per team

PRICES AND TIME

Arrive as early as 11:00am
Mid Tier Doubles starts at 11:30am
The next event will start towards the end of the preceding one
Next event will either by doubles or mid tier singles, not sure yet, doesn't matter

RULES

General Rules
  1. 3 stock
  2. 8 minute timer
  3. Items set to off and none
  4. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  5. If the percents and stock are the same at time out then a 1 stock 3 minute rematch on the same stage with the same characters will take place.
  6. All sets are best of 3 with the exception of winners losers and grand finals which are best of 5
  7. You are responsible for your own controller and tag controls. You may only disrupt a match (reset for controls change or pause to switch controllers) if both parties agree. There will be a 5 second grace period at the start of a match for the player to restart the match with a different tag if they realize they are using the wrong one.
  8. If an agreement can not be decided for who strikes stages first, the players (or one player from each team) will do either rock paper scissors (best of 1 on shoot) or GaW hammer battle (start a match with 2 GaWs, both players use a hammer and the higher number wins, redo if there is a tie). The winner chooses if they want to strike first or second. Unless otherwise agreed, the player who strikes second should have first pick at controller port.
  9. Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.
  10. Stalling is banned; Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.
  11. Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing a character to freeze without a chance of turning back to normal) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.
  12. Life stealing is allowed for teams
  13. Teams controller ports must be in a 1 2 2 1 fashion (one team gets 1st and 4th ports and the other team gets 2nd and 3rd ports)
  14. If it is discovered any pre-game rule is broken after the game has started (such as controller ports or striking), then it will be assumed that the players agreed as such and no disqualification will take place. Banned stages however can not be played on even if agreed by both players and a match played on one will be null and void.
  15. Stages banned by players are only removed for that round of counterpicking.
  16. Pausing is not allowed except for legitimate reasons and maybe if it causes no harm. If it is determined that the player should not have paused or was done accidentally (such as mashing out of a chain grab), the player who paused loses one of their stocks. Ruling will be to the TO in the event of this.
  17. Infinite combos characters can perform on others are not banned.
  18. If the clock expires in a team match and the total number of stocks of each team is equal, the sum of the final percentage of players on each team is used as the tiebreaker; whichever team has a lower sum wins. (A player who has been eliminated has no stocks and 0%).
  19. The game's verdict will always be honored; a victory screen decides the winner. Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) will be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
  20. There is a 50 Ledge Grab Limit. If a player goes over 50 ledge grabs in the event of a time out then they lose the match. If both players go over 50 ledge grabs then it will go to %. In teams sets, if a single player goes over 50 ledge grabs in the event of a time out, the team they are on loses. If at least one member on each team goes over 50 ledge grabs, it will go to the addition of %s of remaining members.
  21. The TO has the right to change any rules or make the final calling on any controversy.
Set Procedure
  1. Players should decide who strikes first and picks controller ports first as per General Rule #8.
  2. Whoever gets to strike second picks their controller ports, then the other player(s) do.
  3. Characters are chosen for the first match (a blind pick can be requested).
  4. The player who strikes first strikes 1 stage from the Starter list.
  5. The player who strikes second strikes 2 stages from the Starter list.
  6. The player who strikes last strikes 1 of the two remaining stages to determine which stage the first game is played on.
  7. The first match is played.
  8. The winner from the previous match bans a stage if they haven't banned a stage yet this set.
  9. The losing player can opt to re-pick controller ports, and the previous losing player picks first.
  10. The losing player chooses a stage for the next match. They can not choose a stage that they have won on already.
  11. If there is another match in the set, repeat Set Procedure steps numbers 8 through 11.
Stage List
  • Starter Stages:
    -Battlefield
    -Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
    -Smashville
    -Lylat Cruise
    -Final Destination
  • Counterpick Stages:
    -Pokemon Stadium
    -Castle Siege
    -Delfino Plaza
    -Halberd
    -Frigate Orpheon
    -Brinstar
    -Pictochat
    -Rainbow Cruise

LIVESTREAM

Livestream link coming soon. You can expect to see a great stream here!

TWITTER UPDATES

Want to know what's going on at the tourney? Follow me @ChiboSempai on Twitter to hear all the latest updates!

CONTACT

AIM: ChiboSempai
PM: vVv ChiboSempai
Phone: 609.226.2287

AIB LINK

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11133

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Eww, this is the same date at PSI 3 >_>

Whether you decide or Heero decides to change their date, the only good dates are after this one which is 1 week after KTAR for the 22nd of January, or the week before KTAR for the 8th of January although SIIS3 is on that date. Myself including many others would go to this over SIIS3 but everything's your decision.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Eww, this is the same date at PSI 3 >_>

Whether you decide or Heero decides to change their date, the only good dates are after this one which is 1 week after KTAR for the 22nd of January, or the week before KTAR for the 8th of January although SIIS3 is on that date. Myself including many others would go to this over SIIS3 but everything's your decision.
It is? I don't see the PSI3 thread anywhere, and I just looked again. I'd be willing to move this to the 22nd, that's the date I was originally gonna do since Xanadu was on this date but got moved so I didn't think there was anything else. If PSI3 is already announced for here then I'll move.

Keitaro

It is? I don't see the PSI3 thread anywhere, and I just looked again. I'd be willing to move this to the 22nd, that's the date I was originally gonna do since Xanadu was on this date but got moved so I didn't think there was anything else. If PSI3 is already announced for here then I'll move.
Yeah PSI 3 has already been announced :( The thread is just currently inactive. If anything attempt to speak to Heero since he hasn't said anything about for a while.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
finally found the thread, its on pg3 with no posts for a month and marked as tentative date in the title. this def seems like the safer event so I'll keep it for now, however i did pm heero to make sure

Keitaro

Aight, it does say tentative date so maybe Heero will just change his. I'll try to speak to him soon too.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lets get this hyped, everyone should come!
awesome venue, trifecta of the best tristate TOs, what more could you ask for?

inui will be making a tourney listings thread later tonight. we will also try to talk and finalize all of the events.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
traveling for winter break? anyone in high school should be off of school during this. anyone in college might be off (i am), though it might be near finals for some. just study early and use this as a nice break!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's a tad further than my normal philly tournies (about 40 minutes), but in exchange:
-no driving through a big city
-located right off the parkway exit
-more parking than you know what to do with
-better venue

Keitaro

Yeah this is a great venue that needs to be taken advantage of. Its sad it so far south. But I like it alot so I'll be here as usual.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
It's a tad further than my normal philly tournies (about 40 minutes), but in exchange:
-no driving through a big city
-located right off the parkway exit
-more parking than you know what to do with
-better venue
Those are very important plus sides to the event. If I'm able to get housing the night before either at Inui's or somewhere else that would pretty much confirm my attendence.

Keitaro

There's food places inside the mall too. Got an arcade across from it too. This venue is sexy.

inb4keitaroalwaysmeatrideschibo

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I spoke to HEERO and he says PSI 3 is still on for december 18th sooo

Good luck with this

also it says Inui is co hosting psi as well. ?_?

Zucco

Smash Master
Inui just likes to look like hes being important all the time.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Well HEERO hasn't responded to my pm, his thread hasn't had a post in forever, it's still marked as tentative, etc. Sorry, but it doesn't look good for him. I will be meeting with Alex and Inui hopefully today to finalize rules and events for this tourney, Dallas kind of stalled us.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Well HEERO hasn't responded to my pm, his thread hasn't had a post in forever, it's still marked as tentative, etc. Sorry, but it doesn't look good for him. I will be meeting with Alex and Inui hopefully today to finalize rules and events for this tourney, Dallas kind of stalled us.
What do you mean look good for him? Hope you dont mean as in attendance and hype. JG is going (hype man)and north jersey is over populated in smashers. With it being 20 -60 min for NY'ers instead of 3 hours for your event and each PSI being posted one month before the event starts(so it doesnt matter if no one is posting right now, its still over a month away), HEERO will have nothing to worry about. As I said, good luck.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok lets keep it going with this!

Everyone continue to vote on the poll, I'm open to hosting on any of the three options, you guys shouldn't pass up a great opportunity for a multi day regional

Keitaro

Hasn't there already been a Fusion tourney? I get confused with the title just being Fusion. It could work, but it bothers me.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm still messing around with the title. I feel like the fusion series never got off to a great start wit hthe first few being rushed, so it's like when sega made "Sonic The Hedgehog" for the 360 a couple years ago lol. Except that sucked and this wont :)

Can we get one of your tourney videos for this Keitaro?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Well right now more ppl seem to be for keeping this as one day, but if more people show interest, I'm ready to make it 2.

the venue is big enough to have a big tourney
im able and willing to do 2 days
its going to be awesome
strife and inui helping me out
why wouldnt everyone in the world go?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its 2 days away from being a month and a half since the last post in his thread
his date is listed as tentative
hes not answering my pm's so we can discuss dates

Top Bottom