• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Furries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
Have you actually met one IRL?! Lemme tell you not pleasant! They shouldn't be matched up to furries, they're in their own category. They believe they're only ones for her, constantly talking about the comic in Palcomix and not to mention thier hatred of Sakurai for not including her in Brawl.

Basically, be grateful that you haven't met a Krystal fur***, otherwise you'll be scarred like me:urg:
*shivering* i was curious and googled imaged furries. it was a BIG mistake *shivers*

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
*shivering* i was curious and googled imaged furries. it was a BIG mistake *shivers*
And the sad part of this is you haven't even seen the worst of it O_O. But I'm just putting out a reminder to everyone that I'm not a furry hater, I just wouldn't like to associate with Krystal furry. I usually like to troll on them by saying "Guess what? Dylan Cuthbert isn't going to put StarFox on Wii! Soup Nazi: No Krystal for you!!" But I assure you I don't dislike or detest furries.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It was a nice, informal read.

I have several furry friends here and there, and they're all pretty chill.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Well furries are just like every other group of people. Some fit the stereotype and some don't. Anyone who doesn't realize that is a moron. I have known/seen at least one fur to fit every one of those stereotypes. I have also known furs who fit none.

"Furries want sex with animals. Goodness knows where this came from. That's known as bestiality. One of the “Guidelines” of the furry fandom is to protect animals, So to cause them Major Physical and Mental harm is just kind of stupid."

The furry fandom doesn't really have guidelines. You can be into guro and still be a furry. All it takes to be a fur is to want to/actually dress like an animal or be really into anthro art.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Number 5:
All furs are gay. This is largely false, as there are plenty of Bi/Straight furs out there. This misconception is mostly due to the large amount of gay furs. So not all of them are gay, but there are a lot of them.
I will add to this with the following explanation:
The majority of the furries are bisexual and rather open about it. The amount of women among furries, which tend to be a more "male" quirk, is rather small in comparison to guys. Since furries tend to like to be more with each other than with people who don't understand or like "furryness", they of course look for partners among themselves. Considering the facts I said introductionally, that the majority of furries are bisexual males, this results into many gay relationships, thus giving the impression that homosexuality is very common, while in fact it's bisexuality.
I know more heterosexual and FAR more bisexual furries than I know homosexuals among them.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
do u accept me?im a seagull.we seagulls will steal ur food.mooch all of u.and poop on our enemies with our white crap.whats that on ur shoulder?bleach?no, a **** seagull **** on me

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
"Furries want sex with animals. Goodness knows where this came from. That's known as bestiality. One of the “Guidelines” of the furry fandom is to protect animals, So to cause them Major Physical and Mental harm is just kind of stupid."
art.
this pretty much defines "furries". but not all people are like that(remeber that tiger and lizard guys from Ripleys?) just look most starfox boards, i bet you cant find ONE thread about aything but Krystal.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Oh trust me. I have seen the worst of the worst when it comes to furries. I don't need to be told what they can be like. The point of this thread is to show that not every furry is like that.

Also, most of the furry community does look down on bestiality.

highfive

Smash Lord
oh kay. I understand the furry way now. I really never heard about any of the furry myths. But I guess there could be a huge mix up there if you've been trained to hate furries via internet and you've never seen both sides.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
If you know someone is a furry, then there is a problem IMAO.

You should never be able to identify a furry, a normal straight person, a homosexual, or a member of any other such group. To be able to identify an individual in any of these groups means that the person probably at some point made their private interests a point of discussion. I do not wish to know the private interests of others, especially when those interests seem distasteful to me. Thus, I am critical of anyone who shares their interests with the internet, the most public outlet imaginable for making said distasteful interests known.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
If you know someone is a furry, then there is a problem IMAO.

You should never be able to identify a furry, a normal straight person, a homosexual, or a member of any other such group. To be able to identify an individual in any of these groups means that the person probably at some point made their private interests a point of discussion. I do not wish to know the private interests of others, especially when those interests seem distasteful to me. Thus, I am critical of anyone who shares their interests with the internet, the most public outlet imaginable for making said distasteful interests known.
"Thus, I am critical of anyone who shares their interests with the internet, the most public outlet imaginable for making said distasteful interests known."

Just to make to make this -whole- statement invalid, all I'm going to point out is the fact that you are in a forum...a Smash Bros. / Vidya gaem [/B} one..that and be -critical- on the statement "shares their interests with the internet"...wtf is the point of the internet than not share and find common interest with other?!?

Idk, I just found this whole bit funny

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
"Thus, I am critical of anyone who shares their interests with the internet, the most public outlet imaginable for making said distasteful interests known."

Just to make to make this -whole- statement invalid, all I'm going to point out is the fact that you are in a forum...a Smash Bros. / Vidya gaem [/B} one..that and be -critical- on the statement "shares their interests with the internet"...wtf is the point of the internet than not share and find common interest with other?!?

Idk, I just found this whole bit funny

To put it mildly, when I said "interest" it was an innuendo refering to specific types of interests. The types of interests that you would not normally tell the public, whether or not you and the person you are talking to have said interest in common.

For example, if you would not normally show off pictures of what you like in public, you probably should not do it on the internet either.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
To put it mildly, when I said "interest" it was an innuendo refering to specific types of interests. The types of interests that you would not normally tell the public, whether or not you and the person you are talking to have said interest in common.

For example, if you would not normally show off pictures of what you like in public, you probably should not do it on the internet either.
Oh I see...Well to a certain extent, yes that is true; you would want to act as you would toward others as you would if you were confronting them face to face, or in real life. Although, being that it -is- the internet, rules change. People that are in the internet don't necessarily speak as what they type (well..there are -those- that do~), and people aren't as confrontational as "badass" as they seem on the internet; it's just that "internet mask" that is their monitor that makes all the difference.
As valid as your point is, the internet changes how people interact with each other, and it's something some people take with a grain of salt

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I stick by if you don't like it, don't read it. If someone is comfortable and happy enough with themselves to share a piece of them, good on them! Also, it's nice to find a place(the internet)with people who have common interests, even if said interests are different.

I think people would be happier if they quit hiding themselves and worrying about being judged.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
are furries specifically attracted to anthropomorphic animals or just animals in general?

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I stick by if you don't like it, don't read it. If someone is comfortable and happy enough with themselves to share a piece of them, good on them! Also, it's nice to find a place(the internet)with people who have common interests, even if said interests are different.

I think people would be happier if they quit hiding themselves and worrying about being judged.
I couldn't agree more n____n

are furries specifically attracted to anthropomorphic animals or just animals in general?
Technically, furries are to be attracted to anthropomorphic animals and the like; hence all the art, roleplay, cosplay, etc. To be "attracted" to animals (and by attracted, i think I'll assume sexually) would be considered beastiality, which is one thing furries (or the good some) are trying to clear up. Furries =/= beastiality, although some would like to argue so, it is not true.
Being a fur, in one sense, just means the acknowledgment and endearment toward animal-like humanoid references

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The more "official" definition of "furry" is "to be interested in animals with anthropomorphic features". Human features not only can be on the body (e.g. Fox has an anthropomorphic body), but also in intelligence, etc. Technically the characters in The Lion King are anthropomorphic animals.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

I don't think it's an issue of being judged as much as it is an issue of courtesy for the rest of us.

I'm not sure what kind of furrys you guys have met, but after the lucario boards started to take chats to #Lucario at globalgamers.net, I decided that I was too disgusted to continue talking to them in a non-censored mode of discussion. The problem is I don't care about their hidden interests, and would really wish they would not tell me about certain things. Preferably stay far enough away from their interests that I do not feel morally obligated to stop having discussions with them.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Furries don't have to necessarily be attracted to anthros, actually. You can be a fur if you just like to dress up as an animal or something. Doesn't mean you get off to anthros.

@Halloween_Captain: Again, if a place starts talking about something you are not interested in, then just leave. It's that simple. It's like me going to 4chan and then getting upset when I see something effed up there. Stick to the Lucario boards here where you just talk about the game and it's moderated.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Furries don't have to necessarily be attracted to anthros, actually. You can be a fur if you just like to dress up as an animal or something. Doesn't mean you get off to anthros.

@Halloween_Captain: Again, if a place starts talking about something you are not interested in, then just leave. It's that simple. It's like me going to 4chan and then getting upset when I see something effed up there. Stick to the Lucario boards here where you just talk about the game and it's moderated.
They all left for the Lucario chatroom :(

it's why I eventually just became a lighthouser.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Alright, guys. This was fun.

I feel the original message got its point across, and now it's just people popping in to say "You're weird, but whatever." It's definitely run its course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom