• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Funny SSB4 Picture Captions - No Inappropriate Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Alright, but how's this? Would this qualify as a funny pic, or would that belong in that thread too?

I'm fine with pic's like this...maybe like once or thrice every 5 pages or so. but these should not be the main type of pictures here. It's not a matter of it being a funny picture, it's a matter of it being a picture caption really. Most of these pics are humorous no doubt about that.

A really good example of what a picture caption is what my boy MisterVideogGaming has been posting here:
A sceencap with a caption.

Last edited:

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
I'm fine with pic's like this...maybe like once or thrice every 5 pages or so. but these should not be the main type of pictures here. It's not a matter of it being a funny picture, it's a matter of it being a picture caption really. Most of these pics are humorous no doubt about that.

A really good example of what a picture caption is what my boy MisterVideogGaming has been posting here:

A sceencap with a caption.
Alright, I guess. Did you read the message I put on your profile about it?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I ask myself that for quite a few of this pics posted here...

I don't mind some off content stuff here and there but it shouldn\t take over the main purpose of the thread.
I suggest someone make a SSB4 Derp thread
i'll get right on it

tomorrow i think

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Four demons have locked up Mario and the Toad Brigade

(This is not edited)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The reason it is here and there is because it "in my opinion" is hysterical
Your "opinion" doesn't mean you can freely post whatever you want in this thread, it has no impact whatsoever. You have to follow the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
You should just call the thread the Funny SSB4 Pictures now. @ Moon Monkey Moon Monkey
Per. I don't really how this thread is only restricted to funny Smash pics in the form of captions. It'd be easier to make stuff if we had more freedom to make a funny Smash Bros. thing that isn't a caption.

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
Per. I don't really how this thread is only restricted to funny Smash pics in the form of captions. It'd be easier to make stuff if we had more freedom to make a funny Smash Bros. thing that isn't a caption.
I mean it IS his thread, if that was his intention who are we to say "Hey change this". I personally don't care how the thread remains, I just don't want it locked because I really enjoy being here.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The reason it is here and there is because it "in my opinion" is hysterical
Yeah, it's a pretty funny picture, it's just not a picture caption as I intend for this thread to be about.
You should just call the thread the Funny SSB4 Pictures now. @ Moon Monkey Moon Monkey
Maybe it was my fault for being to lenient and allowing it to get to this point, but this thread from day 1 has always been about picture captions. But somewhere around page 80-110 it just slowly became something i didn't want. Which was the main reason for me creating those video compilations to encourage people to make more captions.

I did suggest someone create a Funny Picture Thred/Derp thread, but as Kikwi-Kiwi noted that is part of the purpose of the social thread. I would like this to remain a Caption thread like I initially created the thread for, but we'll see in the coming months i'll either ask for it to be closed if no one really wants to make captions or just do as you suggested and make it a Funny Pictures & Captions thread. I probably will just change the name, if no one is interested in just a dedicated captions thread.

Your "opinion" doesn't mean you can freely post whatever you want in this thread, it has no impact whatsoever. You have to follow the rules.
I mean it IS his thread, if that was his intention who are we to say "Hey change this". I personally don't care how the thread remains, I just don't want it locked because I really enjoy being here.
Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's a pretty funny picture, it's just not a picture caption as I intend for this thread to be about.

Maybe it was my fault for being to lenient and allowing it to get to this point, but this thread from day 1 has always been about picture captions. But somewhere around page 80-110 it just slowly became something i didn't want. Which was the main reason for me creating those video compilations to encourage people to make more captions.

I did suggest someone create a Funny Picture Thred/Derp thread, but as Kikwi-Kiwi noted that is part of the purpose of the social thread. I would like this to remain a Caption thread like I initially created the thread for, but we'll see in the coming months i'll either ask for it to be closed if no one really wants to make captions or just do as you suggested and make it a Funny Pictures & Captions thread. I probably will just change the name, if no one is interested in just a dedicated captions thread.

Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from.
Does mine count as a caption?It's really kinda like a comic strip.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
But somewhere around page 80-110 it just slowly became something i didn't want.
Oh my Gosh, me and you must know this thread so well. I feel the exact same way. This thread doesn't feel the same anymore. It's become a thread for practically anything and everyone just stealing stuff. This is why I've probably don't post here is because it's unoriginal. It's sad really. /hypocritical

TLDR: This thread isn't even original anymore although I'm being hypocritical by saying that.

With that said, if you need anything just come get me, I'll always want to help this thread and you.

IT'S A.O.K.!

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Captioning a series of screen shots is fine homie!
Oh my Gosh, me and you must know this thread so well. I feel the exact same way. This thread doesn't feel the same anymore. It's become a thread for practically anything and everyone just stealing stuff. This is why I've probably don't post here is because it's unoriginal. It's sad really. /hypocritical

TLDR: This thread isn't even original anymore although I'm being hypocritical by saying that.

With that said, if you need anything just come get me, I'll always want to help this thread and you.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Like yourself i too have posted some stuff that really wasn't inline with this threads content. Do I regret it? ...No not really. Lol! Like I said last page, I don't mind random stuff here and there. I just don't want it take over the initial purpose of this thread.
Fine, I'll make derp thread. Sorry for spamming your thread, I'll get out. :(
Wasn't really my intention to run anything out playah, I just wanted people to make content inline with the thread.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Alright, but I don't even know what to make captions of. I can only come up with a caption or something when it comes to me like right in the moment I took the screen, but then I forget, and I lose confidence in my skill of thinking of funny and creative captions. If I can't really deal with this problem that much, I might not be in this thread for awhile unless I find a particularly funny pic from KYM or something that doesn't have any sort of caption, and I have something funny come to me.

Also, I would do that Trophy Studio thing and make doodles too, except that my GamePad is broken. I feel like I'm really missing out on thinking of funny stuff to make in particular without the Trophy Studio. :(

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Captioning a series of screen shots is fine homie!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Like yourself i too have posted some stuff that really wasn't inline with this threads content. Do I regret it? ...No not really. Lol! Like I said last page, I don't mind random stuff here and there. I just don't want it take over the initial purpose of this thread.
Wasn't really my intention to run anything out playah, I just wanted people to make content inline with the thread.
I wanted to tell you, I didn't know if you would get mad. :p

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Alright, but I don't even know what to make captions of. I can only come up with a caption or something when it comes to me like right in the moment I took the screen, but then I forget, and I lose confidence in my skill of thinking of funny and creative captions. If I can't really deal with this problem that much, I might not be in this thread for awhile unless I find a particularly funny pic from KYM or something that doesn't have any sort of caption, and I have something funny come to me.

Also, I would do that Trophy Studio thing and make doodles too, except that my GamePad is broken. I feel like I'm really missing out on thinking of funny stuff to make in particular without the Trophy Studio. :(
I know your pain...I only have the 3DS version.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I know your pain...I only have the 3DS version.
Don't feel any pressure to post a caption here everyday. I don't post a caption here everyday either myself, i usually make one here every now and then. And not all of the stuff I post here are amazing. Just throw it out there, Everybody finds different things funny. Even if it's meh to you it might be hilarious to someone else.

One thing i do still encourage is for people to post just game screenshots and ask others to caption it. If you guys want every month I'll dump a few screenshots so you guys can caption them for yourselves. I'm pretty sure there are people who know of sites that they can take the screenshots into and caption it themselves. Or you can just type out your caption in the post if your too lazy to do that hahaha.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Don't feel any pressure to post a caption here everyday. I don't post a caption here everyday either myself, i usually make one here every now and then. And not all of the stuff I post here are amazing. Just throw it out there, Everybody finds different things funny. Even if it's meh to you it might be hilarious to someone else.

One thing i do still encourage is for people to post just game screenshots and ask others to caption it. If you guys want every month I'll dump a few screenshots so you guys can caption them for yourselves. I'm pretty sure there are people who know of sites that they can take the screenshots into and caption it themselves. Or you can just type out your caption in the post if your too lazy to do that hahaha.
I can confirm this. Always go for broke here. If it doesn't work then try something else. Just don't get banned doing it. I still get sad from seeing @PikaJew banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom