• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FSC - Florida Smash Circuit

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Seriously, we can start this. I just need to know who is willing to back me up on this. I don' mind organizing it even though I prob won't be able to go to everything due to work. Problem is that I need people that can back me up like Redhal, Seibrik Frames and Etc. If they got my back then we can start a thread talkin about rules and etc. I mean I can come up with rules and make a post on Sunday. I just need help picking 3 other tourneys...(Orlando's Gigs and Tallahassee's PHB are already 2 so we need 3 more)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hmm..this is my first time reading this thread

I have to have a conversation with a few people :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
my phone died...ill be back on AIM when i get home afro. we have more to discuss

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I have...a plan

Ok, so i read this thread for the first time a week or so ago. Sounded like a pretty badass idea. Then i realized that it probably wouldnt happen due to no one planning anything. So, with the consultation of Afro, and talking to TOs, i have a plan. Tell me what you guys think

-5 tourneys total. 4 circuit tourneys and 1 circuit finals tourney
-finals tourney is two days, on labor day weekend, which is first weekend of september. Saturday would be amateur bracket and sunday would be pro bracket
-Points would go out to 17th place. Top 16 automatically get in probracket. Top 16 from the amateur bracket also get into pro bracket. This idea came from vericz, which i like, because having as many autopros as the ECRC would be kinda difficult for one state. That and more OOS/ammys can get into the probracket, making that tourney bigger
-The tenative schedule, as ive talked to TOs would be like this:
1st Event - 4/28 Gigabits - Orlando
2nd Event - 3rd weekend of May ZP Brawl hosted by the Will - SFL
3rd Event - June TBA tallahassee tourney - Tallahassee
4th Event - July Lan Odyssey Tourney (where brawl wars was) - Tampa
5th events - September finals. 2 day tourney Laborday weekend, hosted by floridagaming - Orlando
-The top 16 of the ammy bracket auto get into the pro bracket. All of the money is taking from the ammy entrance and put into the pot for the pro bracket. So the bigger the ammy tourney the better, which is why we gotta hype it up to be a big event. Its not FAST2, but we can make it as big as FAST2. and being almost 2 months after genesis, its a higher chance we get good attendance.
-on top of the regular money payout, i want to get the grand prize winner a "prize". I think its gonna be the most badass prize of all time

So...what you guys think? If you think its good I'll start making threads (Probably a new florida smash circuit thread, and the thread for the finals, since we gotta get the hype train a-movin). Also if you like the idea, gimme some ideas of how to make the finals as big as possible.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Check out my earlier post... I pretty much have the same idea U do lol!!!

I'm down...

All we need are 5 possible places

We kno gigs is 1

PHB is 2

I was hoping for Tampa, Miami and Jacksonville

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
my post already described the 5 locations

Orlando
SFL - Davie, FL
Tallahasseee
WFL - Venice, FL
Orlando - finals

QDVS, i was thinking we could take like 10% from each tourney (not gigs cause we dont have control over it). We dont have to take money from any pot though, if we didnt want to

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i dont wanna have too many orlando tourneys to show favoritism. anymore would be over the top :laugh:

i did want to start with gigs though, since everyone tries their hardest to go to gigs, and end with floridagaming, since its in the middle of the state and theyre so good at tourneys and all

Frames

DI
ok so im planning something for fall/winter basically 4 day tournament like fast just not in the summer

i was gonna do fast 2 this summer but genesis will most likely kill OOS interest, though i might do a smaller 2 day event just for regional players

so end the circuit with meeeee :)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
U shud take out 20% out of each pot to go towards the overall best players. (Like the top 6 should be rewarded)

I don't think that we should end it @ Gigs cuz we can't control it there.

Top Bottom