• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frigate Orpheon should be banned.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
listen for the sound....

don't Shuttle Loop when the sound goes off.

get better? :):)

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
LOL wtf, that was hilarious

But no it shouldnt be banned. Just make sure you're in the air when the alarm goes off

Finch

Smash Lord
Yeah I remember you guys counterpicked it against us and completely owned us and I was like wtf this is pretty much neutral why is it such a good counterpick? I guess it's good for peach though.

Marin.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I remember you guys counterpicked it against us and completely owned us and I was like wtf this is pretty much neutral why is it such a good counterpick? I guess it's good for peach though.
lol oh yea
Zoro and mine's Beastmode is unlocked by that stage

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
and counterpicks are ********. I believe that at no point should the stage interfere with gameplay at intervals during the fight. No matter how set or not random they are, its stupid.

Finch

Smash Lord
As an IC player in melee I h8 counterpicks, but I guess they're good for balancing out tier disadvantages? Like how the best character in the game is good on every stage. Coincidence? Yeah probably.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
jumping in and of itself doesn't save you. I've been put under the stage that way. i think you have be near the sides and jump. but no it shouldn't be banned.
Battlefield used to kill people all the time in Melee and it was neutral for crissakes

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
I hate this stage. I host tournys and I only use neutrals, no counterpicks.
I've practiced on it though, cause I'll run into it at Gigs...

Daysoo

Smash Ace
That's pretty bad.
Not QUITE as bad as being eaten by Stadium 1, Final D, or Delfino though.
More likely, but not nearly as upsetting, I'll bet.
I don't mean by the tree, either.
Center/right of the stage.
Poor Marth just literally just fell through the stage.
Eaten alive.

In reference to Final D: My friend Ray is playing Falco. Phantasms to the ledge. Winds up teleporting UNDER the stage. He didn't just miss the ledge, he was magically transported under the very bottom of the stage.

In reference to Delfino: There's a peach on the screen. The stage is moving to the curvy part with the walls penguins can do the extremely difficult DTHROW to DTHROW to ETC combo. The stage is falling down to the curvy part. The Peach Up+B's. Winds up under the loop, where the spinny star is. Promptly falls to her death.

I guess my point with all of this is... Nintendo really needs to playtest their games a bit more. XD
Either that, or these are completely intentional stage hazards, meant to make the game more random and unpredictable. <_<

Top Bottom