• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
If Radiant Dawn was actually advertised and advertised well then Micaiah may have had a likely shot of being in Smash. Her significance to the series isn't too much (though I believe she's the first 'lord' to be a mage? Could be wrong on that.) but then the same applies to Robin and Lucina. Robin was added in over Chrom simply because he could be original while Lucina was just a skin/clone and took little work. Marth was the beginning of it all and Ike is the only other lord to get 2 games and is also the first one to appear 3D outside of Smash. As for Roy...he was just an advertisement and then brought back because of his fan base...

*Waits an eternity for Wolf to get the same treatment*

Troykv

Smash Master
If Radiant Dawn was actually advertised and advertised well then Micaiah may have had a likely shot of being in Smash. Her significance to the series isn't too much (though I believe she's the first 'lord' to be a mage? Could be wrong on that.) but then the same applies to Robin and Lucina. Robin was added in over Chrom simply because he could be original while Lucina was just a skin/clone and took little work. Marth was the beginning of it all and Ike is the only other lord to get 2 games and is also the first one to appear 3D outside of Smash. As for Roy...he was just an advertisement and then brought back because of his fan base...

*Waits an eternity for Wolf to get the same treatment*
Yes and no. She isn't exactly the first FE "lord" that can use Magic (the first one was Celica), but the former is mostly a swordfighter. Micaiah is the first Fire Emblem "Lord" that is a exclusive Magic User (moreover, for a lot of people she was the first magic main character because Celica is OBSCURE even among the japaneses themselves).

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Ah, okay. Well heck, if this Celica uses swords and magic then that just further proves that significance to the series doesn't mean much since Robin got in over her, just because Awakening sold well~

Though even with what little significance Micaiah has to the FE series as a whole she's still overshadowed by Ike. She makes no appearance whatsoever in PoR and while her character was obviously thought of during that time (since Sothe was looking for her) she still lacks the 2-games privilege that Marth and Ike have. Doesn't help that towards the end of RD Ike takes most of the spotlight.

Dah well, my highest hopes for her are assist trophy status but if she somehow makes it into Smash then huzzah!

Troykv

Smash Master
Ah, okay. Well heck, if this Celica uses swords and magic then that just further proves that significance to the series doesn't mean much since Robin got in over her, just because Awakening sold well~

Though even with what little significance Micaiah has to the FE series as a whole she's still overshadowed by Ike. She makes no appearance whatsoever in PoR and while her character was obviously thought of during that time (since Sothe was looking for her) she still lacks the 2-games privilege that Marth and Ike have. Doesn't help that towards the end of RD Ike takes most of the spotlight.

Dah well, my highest hopes for her are assist trophy status but if she somehow makes it into Smash then huzzah!
Yeah, that is probably her biggest's problem, she is already overshadowed by Ike... Well... I'm don't wanting her for things like significance or whatever... I want Micaiah because I love her... I really love her (and because she doesn't have a sword xD).

3885c08107c3b325c9082ce24229f4de.jpg

(A little random curiousity: Roy was mentioned also in a minor thing that is easy don't see... With the difference that Roy has actual presence and a sprite... And they are my two favorite lord :3 )

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
That's fair enough. Wolf's significance to Starfox is questionable and yet I want him back since I love him so much so I get where you're coming from. Though Wolf isn't exactly overshadowed by anyone except everyone that got in Sm4sh before him, including Lucas. Micaiah is probably our best bet of getting an FE character without a sword unless Fates has one and sells well.

Troykv

Smash Master
That's fair enough. Wolf's significance to Starfox is questionable and yet I want him back since I love him so much so I get where you're coming from. Though Wolf isn't exactly overshadowed by anyone except everyone that got in Sm4sh before him, including Lucas. Micaiah is probably our best bet of getting an FE character without a sword unless Fates has one and sells well.
Well, that character exists... but already is overshadowed in popularity by Kamui and various girls in the game (specially Camilla)... Azura is (as I see) a main character that doesn't have a sword, and probably some people vote for her (but doesn't have a particular following... only people that prefer her over Kamui because her Spear and other abilities).

And... I'm not afraid of the may or not be the Kamui's participation in the ballot, as Nidtendofreak Nidtendofreak already say... He is like Robin in MANY ways (Chrom's dilemma).

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
All of these names I'm unfamiliar with @.@ heck, I just rewatched the trailer since @ Nidtendofreak Nidtendofreak mentioned the avatar being Robin and the comments were mentioning some girl named Aqua. Was there some big information dump in regards to Fates that I'm unaware of or was all of this mentioned at E3 and I seriously never heard about it?

Troykv

Smash Master
All of these names I'm unfamiliar with @.@ heck, I just rewatched the trailer since @ Nidtendofreak Nidtendofreak mentioned the avatar being Robin and the comments were mentioning some girl named Aqua. Was there some big information dump in regards to Fates that I'm unaware of or was all of this mentioned at E3 and I seriously never heard about it?
Kamui (or Corrin) is the Fates's Avatar. Azura/Aqua is the dancer/singer and as I see also a main character.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
That's news to me! There any more information on those 2 or Fates in general that wasn't shown in the initial trailer? You mentioned how at least one popular character without a sword is in Fates, guessing that's Azura/Aqua?

Troykv

Smash Master
That's news to me! There any more information on those 2 or Fates in general that wasn't shown in the initial trailer? You mentioned how at least one popular character without a sword is in Fates, guessing that's Azura/Aqua?
Yep... she is a dancer/singer with the particullary that unlike other dancers that can use weapons: She use a Spear.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Neat, though the dancer in Awakening used swords. Well, thanks to Awakening making FE 'mainstream' if this Aqua girl becomes popular and Fates sells well and if dlc is still a thing at that point for Smash then perhaps she could make it in. A dancer with a lance sounds pretty damn unique for Smash.

Troykv

Smash Master
Neat, though the dancer in Awakening used swords. Well, thanks to Awakening making FE 'mainstream' if this Aqua girl becomes popular and Fates sells well and if dlc is still a thing at that point for Smash then perhaps she could make it in. A dancer with a lance sounds pretty damn unique for Smash.
Oh yeah, could be interesting... and I'm not against the idea :p (Unlike Kamui... That his/her existence alone bothers me a lot... Al least Chrom gives hope to think that they will not put Kamui in Smash for similar reasons)... But still I prefer anyday Micaiah and I will continue supporting her.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Just looked up this 'Kamui' character, what's so bad about him/her? Other than basically being Robin? The biggest thing that bothers me is that children are coming back, or at least one is through S support with Kamui. The children were the biggest thing that bothered me about Awakening so I hope this child of Kamui's is the only one.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Kamui (or Corrin) is the Fates's Avatar. Azura/Aqua is the dancer/singer and as I see also a main character.
Its uh, more than that.

Much much more than that. The game is out in Japan, we know everything.

If I knew how to get spoiler boxes to work on this site I'd explain in more detail.

EDIT: Also no, children are coming back full force. With no time skip.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Just looked up this 'Kamui' character, what's so bad about him/her? Other than basically being Robin? The biggest thing that bothers me is that children are coming back, or at least one is through S support with Kamui. The children were the biggest thing that bothered me about Awakening so I hope this child of Kamui's is the only one.
Personally I suggest you don't buy the game... Fates does some interesting things... But does other really awful... The children are back... And their reason's existence is WORSE. Also... a Pokémon Amie thing xDUUUU.

Fates has a BIG focus in his bonus modes (don't are 100% obligatory, but don't use their makes the game a lot more harder and tedious... Why? From them you get most of your money, makes the supports fasters and other things)... Isn't like Pokémon where you probably will only use them for the competitive... You actually will need it.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Yeeeeah...I just read about that on the wiki...all hopes I had for the game are lost~ Doesn't mean I won't get it but it's immediately inferior to RD imo now. **** the children system -.-

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Oh trust me, you think the children are bad?

Look at what they did to the weapons. Its terrible.

lkahsklefjalksefjklase I wanna talk about spoilers so bad

Troykv

Smash Master
Yeeeeah...I just read about that on the wiki...all hopes I had for the game are lost~ Doesn't mean I won't get it but it's immediately inferior to RD imo now. **** the children system -.-
They only would make me buy the game if Micaiah has a Smash Amiibo... and only a used copy :awesome:

Oh trust me, you think the children are bad?

Look at what they did to the weapons. Its terrible.

lkahsklefjalksefjklase I wanna talk about spoilers so bad
Use the spoilers :p ... I want to see more spoilers as I can :3

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm reading what they did to the weapons on the wiki and all I can say is wtf? A new weapon triangle, stat modifiers on weapons. Not sure if that's a spoiler or not but again, wtf? Changing things up so they don't get stale I guess but...it looks confusing @.@

I can at least adapt to the weapon changes but if a third of the damn cast are hidden behind S supports and are superior to their parents in all ways I'm gonna be so pissed. That was my biggest problem with Awakening. Nowi is so cute and adorable but what's the point in using her once you get Nah (just an example)? Uggggggh

They only would make me buy the game if Micaiah has a Smash Amiibo... and only a used copy :awesome:
I'll still buy the game since it's FE and I love the gameplay of the series and I'll probably love some of the characters like I did in Awakening but uggggh. WHY CHILDREN? WHY COULDN'T THAT BE AN AWAKENING EXCLUSIVE?

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm reading what they did to the weapons on the wiki and all I can say is wtf? A new weapon triangle, stat modifiers on weapons. Not sure if that's a spoiler or not but again, wtf? Changing things up so they don't get stale I guess but...it looks confusing @.@

I can at least adapt to the weapon changes but if a third of the damn cast are hidden behind S supports and are superior to their parents in all ways I'm gonna be so pissed. That was my biggest problem with Awakening. Nowi is so cute and adorable but what's the point in using her once you get Nah (just an example)? Uggggggh
They throw away one the most popular Fire Emblem's Features... Particulary the one that Robin represent in Smash Bros... Oh wow... And the Stats changing things... I prefer to see again the Weight and the Con... The new weapon triangule is a interesting experiment... But I don't think that will be really succesful.

The Children always works in that way in Fire Emblem xD

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Yeah, and that's my problem with them! This isn't ****ing Pokemon! I'm not breeding to create some superior being! All I want from my supports is stat benefits and character bonding/building.

Weight and Con was an interesting system, made most characters more unique. The way RD did it made the beginning of the game harder since no one could hold a weapon properly and it affects Sanaki at the endgame too but Weight and Con was like a beginning to end kinda thing that you just had to get used to. I didn't mind it.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I hated Con. As a stat that never grew outside of Body Rings and class ups, its main effect was just to make you stick to weaker, lighter weapons because you couldn't afford to take the hit to your Spd stat. On the other hand, RD making weight tied to Str just made so much more sense and allowed you to pick up stronger weapons so much more fluidly.

I don't mind the loss of weapon durability much, but I hope the game's new mechanics are interesting enough to make up for it. I do have to say I'm the sort of RPG player that tries to hoard everything so rare weapons having durability usually just meant I'd stick to using my Steel weapons as much as humanly possible, haha.

Troykv

Smash Master
I hated Con. As a stat that never grew outside of Body Rings and class ups, its main effect was just to make you stick to weaker, lighter weapons because you couldn't afford to take the hit to your Spd stat. On the other hand, RD making weight tied to Str just made so much more sense and allowed you to pick up stronger weapons so much more fluidly.

I don't mind the loss of weapon durability much, but I hope the game's new mechanics are interesting enough to make up for it. I do have to say I'm the sort of RPG player that tries to hoard everything so rare weapons having durability usually just meant I'd stick to using my Steel weapons as much as humanly possible, haha.
Well, the Con benefits big characters that usually don't are really fast (like Armour Knights and Fighters) using most powerful weapons.

The Tellius makes more sense... But actually is more open for absurdly over powered army-destroyers xD.

I want to say more light magic :3

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm similar when it comes to rare items like that. Give me an item that revives all fallen party members, fully heals them and cures all ailments and I'll never use it cuz 'I could need it later on'. I didn't mind Con too much since as I said, it made each character a bit more unique. For example, I recall in Sacred Stones there were at least two Myrmidons, one male and one female. The male one had a Con of 7 I believe while the female had a con of 5. Allowed you to consider a few more things for which character you wanted.

In RD the furthest that extends is 'do you want to go through the pain of Edward not being able to wield a sword properly or do you want to use Zihark or Mia?'

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Alright fine, spoiler stuff. If you care about Fate's plot don't read this post.

---

---

---

Kamui is Robin reincarnated. But in the past. Don't ask me how that works, it just does. Several of the Awakening children travel through the Gate in Awakening and end up in Fates as Gen 1 characters. Like, they change their names, but they look exactly the same and confirm that's the case in some of their supports (Mainly with their children and Kamui). Several of the Awakening Gen 1 characters are reincarnated as Fates Gen 2 characters the same way Robin is.

---

---

---

Also for the weapon system: the problem are the bonuses and penalties they assigned to the weapons to try to balance them. They failed horribly. You got weapons that make you only attack once, always get counter attacked, and have a higher chance of the enemy critically you in exchange for dealing more damage on your one blow. Meanwhile, you can get a common sword with +4 Speed/Skill with a mere penalty of -1Def/Res.

They were simply drunk when they made this system.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I'm similar when it comes to rare items like that. Give me an item that revives all fallen party members, fully heals them and cures all ailments and I'll never use it cuz 'I could need it later on'. I didn't mind Con too much since as I said, it made each character a bit more unique. For example, I recall in Sacred Stones there were at least two Myrmidons, one male and one female. The male one had a Con of 7 I believe while the female had a con of 5. Allowed you to consider a few more things for which character you wanted.

In RD the furthest that extends is 'do you want to go through the pain of Edward not being able to wield a sword properly or do you want to use Zihark or Mia?'
I think parts play such a huge role though, as it effects not only the availability of a character, but the specific niche of a character. For example; Llyana joins in part 1, a place that has far too many weak units and having a frail magic unit such as Llyana ends up being a liability. Where as Soren, while on paper less useful late game due to not having access to Rexthunder, is far more useful because he is in an environment filled with places to gain support with strong characters such as Ike and really manage well.

Also for the weapon system: the problem are the bonuses and penalties they assigned to the weapons to try to balance them. They failed horribly. You got weapons that make you only attack once, always get counter attacked, and have a higher chance of the enemy critically you in exchange for dealing more damage on your one blow. Meanwhile, you can get a common sword with +4 Speed/Skill with a mere penalty of -1Def/Res.

They were simply drunk when they made this system.
Yeah....knew a system with a mechanic like this instead of the traditional items upgrade as time progresses but you can actually lose your weapons was going to backfire. Completely changing a core mechanic in Fire Emblem isn't something I would expect to work well. xD Glad I wasn't really hyped for this game tbh because if I did I would've been massively disappointed by this problem.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Thankfully I didn't read any spoilers but from what some of you guys said...Fates isn't that great? ;-;

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Those bonuses and penalties do sound wack, though the one sounds like the Devil Axe on steroids.

I think parts play such a huge role though, as it effects not only the availability of a character, but the specific niche of a character. For example; Llyana joins in part 1, a place that has far too many weak units and having a frail magic unit such as Llyana ends up being a liability. Where as Soren, while on paper less useful late game due to not having access to Rexthunder, is far more useful because he is in an environment filled with places to gain support with strong characters such as Ike and really manage well.
That's true too. Some characters simply have more chances to be useful and are therefore more appealing to use, even if they aren't that great endgame. A great example is Oscar. He's a solid, reliable unit throughout the whole game but is lackluster near the end. On the other hand, Edward with max strength and speed and with Vague Katti or Alondite (should I spoiler that?) in hand is pretty incredible for endgame even though he is a pain to level up. As for Ilyana specifically, in my eyes she's the best convoy of the game from part 1 Dawn Brigade to part 3 Greil Mercenaries.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm actually really excited for If. Sure I'm not a fan of the Weapon Durability change, but the plot seems super developed and I look forward to it.

@ Troykv Troykv Sorry, but my vote went to Snake.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm actually really excited for If. Sure I'm not a fan of the Weapon Durability change, but the plot seems super developed and I look forward to it.

Oh! No problem!... Do you have an opinion about her? :3

Troykv

Smash Master
I love her as a character. I posted quite a bit about this a few pages back. I can re-quote them for you if you want to read them.
Of course... But I will read it later.

And... That you would think if Miccy appears as a playable character in Smash?

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
I would like that quite a bit, but I'd rather have Snake.
Snake or Lloyd Irving, those are the two I would like. However even if Snake wins, I'm kind of skeptical because of Konami's strange happenings as of late.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I'm just as excited as you are about Fates. Hoping no one around here attempts to spoil the plot and everything, otherwise, I might as well just say **** it.

And while I support Snake to make his triumphant return, my vote on the ballot went to Wolf.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Hi Ike mains,
since I already main the sexiest woman in smash 4, I decided to pick up the sexiest man as secondary.
I just wanted to inform you of this so you can prepare yourself (pun maybe intended) mentally for the stupid things and OPINIONS I may or may not post in threads on the Ike board.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hi Ike mains,
since I already main the sexiest woman in smash 4, I decided to pick up the sexiest man as secondary.
I just wanted to inform you of this so you can prepare yourself (pun maybe intended) mentally for the stupid things and OPINIONS I may or may not post in threads on the Ike board.
Out of curiosity: did you pick up Ike to cover some MUs where ZSS doesn't do as well? Or just because Ike fights for his friends and is now awesome?

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
:4myfriends::4lucas::4myfriends:
Hi Ike mains,
Well, seems we are reversed on that, Ike is my main, while ZSS is my secondary. Maybe we could teach each other a thing or too.
:4myfriends::4zss:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Out of curiosity: did you pick up Ike to cover some MUs where ZSS doesn't do as well? Or just because Ike fights for his friends and is now awesome?
I honestly didn't think about that.
I was playing with a friend (pika main) who is still fairly new to Smash and he complained that he isn't getting any MU experience aside from ZSS. I started randomly picking characters like I usually do and somehow Ike and his big fat disjoints stuck with me.
I like that he is heavy, has some combos, hits hard and has great visual design. I also played and liked both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.
I guess he might help against Pikachu since Pika is a pain in the butt for ZSS but that wasn't my motivation.

:4myfriends::4lucas::4myfriends:
Well, seems we are reversed on that, Ike is my main, while ZSS is my secondary. Maybe we could teach each other a thing or too.
:4myfriends::4zss:
I bet. You should come over to the ZSS board from time to time, I sometimes feel like I'm constantly talking to the same 5 persons over there, although some of them are a great inspiration.

Top Bottom