• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I just play PoR on my Dolphin emulator. I bought 2 copies of PoR and RD at full price, so I think playing it on emulator isn't the worst thing in the world.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I just play PoR on my Dolphin emulator. I bought 2 copies of PoR and RD at full price, so I think playing it on emulator isn't the worst thing in the world.
Thanks, but I will never use an emulator. Not only is it a false experience, it also cheats the producers. I prefer to support the industry and have a full and true experience.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
You can argue that for RD

but there's no copies of PoR going out anymore, so none of the money goes to the producers, only stores that re-sell GCN games.

I understand your point though.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Just finished playing my first Ike FFA ever, and the funnest FFA I've ever played in Smash 4.

I question why the **** I have never thought to do this before.

LionMagnus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lion_Leon
3DS FC
0576-4919-6815
Hi All, The new smash is the first smash game I've ever really played. I started out as a Lucina main but it wasn't quite working for me, then Waldo @Waldox7 showed me the impressive plays of Ike, so I sold my soul to being a Ike main. I'm still learning the smash game merchanics and the character. Hoping all the good ike players here can give me advices. My Ike is doing ok right now but still lots of room for improvements.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Okay. I've never played a single FE game before, so you know far more than me. I still want to know, Do you think Priam is actually a descendent of Ike, or do you think he is a fake?

So what kind of game is Fire Emblem. I've been interested in the series for a while and have been think of getting a game. Which one should I buy first. I want to play a game from the Tellius Arc.
Descendent of Ike.

LionMagnus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lion_Leon
3DS FC
0576-4919-6815
Sold your soul?

Good luck reaching the top player level with that lifeless body.
Thanks xD, though I do not plan on reaching competitive player level, but I would like to stay semi-competitive with friends and keep improving myself. I think all the characters have lifeless bodies, it's the player who put the soul into the character and make the character do work and shine.

SimplyClutchh

Smash Rookie
Hello, everybody! I've been lurking the Ike boards for a while and felt like I should finally introduce myself. I've never really been much of a forum person, so I don't post much. I'm an Ike main from Alaska. I've played Ike since Brawl, but never really got competitive until Smash 4 3ds came out. Unfortunately, the Smash 4 scene has been a little slow to blossom here, so I'm stuck with For Glory for now. I've learned a lot from you guys over the past couple months, and I have a decent FG record of 241-97 thanks to you guys. Nice to meet you all!

Grass

Smash Lord
Hello, everybody! I've been lurking the Ike boards for a while and felt like I should finally introduce myself. I've never really been much of a forum person, so I don't post much. I'm an Ike main from Alaska. I've played Ike since Brawl, but never really got competitive until Smash 4 3ds came out. Unfortunately, the Smash 4 scene has been a little slow to blossom here, so I'm stuck with For Glory for now. I've learned a lot from you guys over the past couple months, and I have a decent FG record of 241-97 thanks to you guys. Nice to meet you all!
that's a hell lot better than me lol. If you want some advice you and I can do a few games. I have a decent Ike. Played Ike since brawl too, so I know the kind of situation you're in.

Robin1613

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Robin1613
Favorite Fire Emblem games guys? (For those of you who have played any)

My List in order:
1. Fire Emblem 9: Path of Radiance
2. Fire Emblem 13: Awakening
3. Fire Emblem 6: Binding Blade
4. Fire Emblem 10: Radiant Dawn
5. Fire Emblem 7: Blazing Sword
6: Fire Emblem 8: The Sacred Stones

Path of Radiance is simply a masterpiece and I recommend anyone who hasn't already played it to try it out!
You get to see our hero Ike start off as a lowly mercenary climb his way to the top of Tellius' ladder eventually ending up as a Lord! (some pretty epic stuff)

Fire Emblem 8 is my least favorite because the story and characters were all underwhelming compared to the other Fire Emblem games. (Save for Gilliam <3)

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
i dont know if were supposed to discuss irrelevant **** like that here but whatevs...

1. Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn
2. Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn (cant really decide here welp)
3. Blazing Sword
4. Genealogy of War
5. Sacred Stones

1 and 2 are pretty much selfexplanatory, im an ike main what do you expect? blazing sword was ****ing great, ill never forget my first playthrough on this one. genealogy of war was a ****ing pain in the ass to play through, but its good and sigurd is one of the best main characters in fire emblem history, imo. i dont really know what i like about sacred stones, but something about it just catches me evey time i play it.

for least favourite i really cant decide between awakening, sword of seals or fe5. i only played fe5 for like 1 chapter and man... that was a ****ing disgusting experience i never want to go through again. sword of seals is actually really ****ing bad. the storyline is garbage, the characters are pretty garbage too and please dont get me started on how ****ing unfair this game is more often than not...
awakening is overhyped ****. story is ****, characters are full of stereotypical anime characters and lets leave aside that you actually have to pay money if you want a "challenge" in this game. dont get me wrong, i dont hate awakening, i had fun playing it, but it is far away from being the best fire emblem.

Robin1613

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Robin1613
As far as awakening not being challenging unless paying money, was lunatic/lunatic+ not difficult for you? I struggled on my first playthroughs on those difficulties haha

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm trying t ge a game, but since I an't afford PoR, I'm going to watch a play though online. If I like the game, I'll get Radiant Dawn.

D

Deleted member 269706

Guess I'll just throw my two cents in...Favorite Fire Emblem games in order based on EVERYTHING (story, gameplay, characters, etc.)
  1. Awakening
  2. Sacred Stones
  3. Radiant Dawn
  4. Path of Radiance
  5. Blazing Sword
  6. Shadow Dragon
Ranting below...(may contain soft-spoilers)
I think Awakening was just the best overall...I loved the characters and how detailed all of the support conversations were. The world map was easily the best, the story was a nice change from the basic formula, and the graphics were just gorgeous. Plus the dialogue in this game was far better than every other game in the franchise. I loved the whole idea behind the Avatar (Robin) and the themes that were addressed. Plus there was the DLC and spotpass stuff which was REALLY fun and only added to the game.

Sacred Stones was the first Fire Emblem I played, it's really the one that got me into the series. Again, the world map was an awesome addition (I was disappointed when I was playing the old games and saw that there wasn't one in Shadow Dragor or Blazing Sword for instance). I also LOVED the characters in this game, especially the enemies like Selena and Lyon. The whole "growing up together and watching each other change" theme has been a huge part of my life, and because of that, this game really spoke to me. I guess choosing to take Eirika or Ephraim's path was the cherry on top. In terms of story, this one may be my favorite...

Radiant Dawn and Path or Radiance were also incredible games. I just hated how 90% of the cast basically got ignored. I really wanted to learn more about a number of the characters including Zihark, Naesala, Jill, Haar, Jarod, Zelgius, Geoffrey, Boyd, Volke, and Renning. (Yeah you learn a good deal about a lot of them, but I wanted to learn more!!!). That being said, the overall story and issues being addressed blew me away. The inequality and prejudice against the Laguz, and the idea of revenge and justice between Ike and the Black Knight...In my eyes, the story in this game was at the same level as Sacred Stones. But the lack of support conversations, lack of representation for so many of the characters, and the awkward gameplay with the Laguz took a lot of charm away from it (in my opinion).

I didn't ever get too into Blazing Sword or Shadow Dragon. I just didn't feel the connect with the characters like I did in the other titles. Blazing Sword was alright once you get past Lyn's story, but I just never felt the motivation to continue. That being said, I did finish both titles, I guess they just weren't as great to me because I had fallen so deeply in love with Sacred Stones when I first played it. In terms of gameplay, Blazing Sword was a great challenge and does grant a good amount of accomplishment when you beat it. Not much to say about Shadow Dragon.

Just my opinions here, no judgement please.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Radiant Dawn > Blazing Sword > Path of Radiance >> Awakening (only this high due to DLC) > Sacred Stones >>> Shadow Dragon

Playing through Roy's game with a patch, not very far so no comment.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Same as Niddo for me. I was getting through FE4 but spent so long trying to decide marriages and crap that I just stopped playing.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
PoR>RD (stupid support system robs it of its first place)>FE7> ...(much lower)> FE8>Awakening > Shadow Dragon.
I might actually have enjoyed Shadow Dragon more than Awakening, even though Awakening was probably better, simply because Shadow Dragon was the first and only FE game to have an interesting multiplayer mode. I started FE6 a while back too, but abused the savestates system so much I lost interest halfway through.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Radiant Dawn
Awakening
Blazing Sword
Path of Radiance
Holy War
Sealed Sword
Mystery of the Emblem
Sacred Stones

I tried playing through Gaiden but the game speed is a huge turnoff. I liked Awakening for the sheer amount of content. Sacred Stones felt empty to me.

Grats on mod, san.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Congrats on the promotion,@ san. san. ! So if you could give Ike any new special move, which one would it be? Keep in mind you;d also have to get rid of another. For me, I'd give Ike Double-Edge Dance from Project M and get rid of Quick Draw. I love the combos and traps you can use, and it still aid in Ike's recovery.

KingKilik

Smash Rookie
I'd give him his sword wave projectile from PoR/RD and drop either Quick Draw or Counter. Leaning towards Counter.

Robin1613

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Robin1613
Since Ike represents the Hero class in SM4SH I'd give him the ability to use short axes/tomahawks as throwing projectiles to replace counter. He can't use axes till he promotes to vanguard in Radiant Dawn but traditionally speaking, heros can wield both axes and swords.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Congrats on the promotion,@ san. san. ! So if you could give Ike any new special move, which one would it be? Keep in mind you;d also have to get rid of another. For me, I'd give Ike Double-Edge Dance from Project M and get rid of Quick Draw. I love the combos and traps you can use, and it still aid in Ike's recovery.
I'd replace Counter with Ragnell's shockwave. Having a decent projectile would be better than any benefit of Counter.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
FE4
FE5 *I've never beaten it, but it doesn't mean it isn't fantastic
Awakening
FE9
FE10
FE7
FE8
FE6

The difficulty of FE4/5 brings me back to play every time, I don't have to put really crazy restrictions on myself to make it interesting...like Ike solo FE9 which isn't that difficult as it is random.

Windam

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2578-3146-8078
1. Radiant Dawn
2. Thracia 776
3. Path of Radiance
4. Binding Blade
5. Blazing Sword
6. Shadow Dragon
7. New Mystery of the Emblem (I pretty much like the DS remakes about the same)
8. Sacred Stones
9. Genealogy of the Holy War
10. Awakening
11. Gaiden

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So I've decided on getting Awakening for Chirstmas! I played the demo and am a little uncertain, but I'm going in with optimism. So how do you get the Ike DLC?

LionMagnus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lion_Leon
3DS FC
0576-4919-6815
So I've decided on getting Awakening for Chirstmas! I played the demo and am a little uncertain, but I'm going in with optimism. So how do you get the Ike DLC?
You have to beat the first few chapters to unlock the DLC place on the map, then you can purchase it there. I recommand getting the money farming and exp farming mission too to save you time.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Hi everyone.

As a huge Fire Emblem fan, and a big support of him pre-release, I've decided that I am officially going to main Ike! It was a toss up for a while because there are so many characters, but Ike is the one I want to be best with (along with Shulk and Lucina).

This is my ranking of the ones I've played:

1. Awakening
2. Fire Emblem, aka Blazing Sword
3. Radiant Dawn
4. Path of Radiance
5. Genealogy of the Holy War
6. Gaidan
7. Sacred Stones
8. Shadow Dragon

I started New Mystery of the Emblem and Binding Blade but never beat them. Awakening's art-style, music and character design were a step in a different direction for me, but the overall feel, story and options you had in the game made me appreciate it and like it the best overall, even if I feel that Blazing Sword or Path of Radiance might have the best overall story.

critter17

Smash Cadet
NNID
critter17
3DS FC
3780-9491-8023
Does anyone know any good team partners for Ike in Smash 4?
Any character that can rack up damage fast would be a great pick. They could do the damage and you go for the kill. Either that or a character that can control the stage with disjointed hitboxes along with Ike. Ideally you want someone that can cover Ike's weaknesses and he can cover his teammate's weaknesses.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So what are some good edge guarding options for Ike, both onstage and offstage? I was playing against a friend who played C.Falcon and Ike and I didn't go offstage since his recoveries would punish me. Tips?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Yeah, no kidding.

The several options is to make a recovery from above whilst you use eruption. I wouldn't suggest baiting if he's high in the air, but only when he has to grab that ledge below the stage. Another option for C. Falcon is to make a wall jump before recovering, which you may miss the opportunity, so be careful.

Doing this with other characters work depending on your timing.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
1. Radiant Dawn, only letdown are those supports
2. Path of Radiance/Blazing Sword/FE4, really to difficult to decide here
3. Sacred Stones
4. Awakening, felt like a pure grinding game on higher difficulties, map design was bad, always those same goals in every chapter, DLC sucked honestly, some skills were just stupid like counter or op like dark force, story was meh
5. Shadow Dragon, it was ok, but just not as good as the others
6. Sword of Seals, enemies spawn and can act I absolutely hate that, and I don´t know exactly why but it was the only Fire Emblem game where I had to force myself to play through

Top Bottom