• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
It is finally November. The C-stick will very soon be accessible to us. I cannot wait to see how this would impact Ike's performance in the SSB4 meta.

^-^

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Actuallly started to use uthrow a bit and I have little problems connecting a nair and sometimes fair/uair with a full hop or a quick buffered double jump, even at mid-high %s. Anyone else feel the same?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I get a lot of confirmed links at low-mid percents with down throws into F-Air/N-Air. I feel like the right way to go is to use this to lead into strings and apply pressure. Up-Throw could continue this but at high percents I think it'll only work against a limited amount of characters like CF.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I haven't done proper testing outside of training mode but I've gotten Uthrow-double jump Fair to count as a combo around 100-115% on characters like Sheik and Robin and it'll kill if it was at the edge. Very strict timing. The upper hitbox of Fair is pretty impressive. Uthrow-full hop Fair works around maybe 60-80%.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
The high percent ones might not hit if they do upward VI. It'll have to be tested.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, I think they can VI up to avoid it around 80+, but it can still be a mixup to dthrow if you think they will VI down or not VI. 30-70 feels like I can get it every time as long as I'm below 60%. 0-20, I can only get a nair, and sometimes only nair is guaranteed if they VI away unless I can get the beginning frames of fair/uair.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Actuallly started to use uthrow a bit and I have little problems connecting a nair and sometimes fair/uair with a full hop or a quick buffered double jump, even at mid-high %s. Anyone else feel the same?
Yes, I've been doing that and it's a lot more reliable than Uair or Fair, IMO, and it puts you in a position where you can try to follow up.
Also @ -RedX- -RedX- , shield to Usmash against ledge attacks is working great. Thanks for that!

Superluaa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Superluaa
3DS FC
4484-8322-7977
Guess since it's been just over a month since Smash 4 came out in Australia, I'll finally crawl my way out of lurker status :3 I've learnt a lot from all the circulating information on the Ike boards, and I really appreciate it! Unfortunately, so far I can't contribute much at all which hasn't already been discussed :/ I'm looking forward to how the Ike boards and tech will continue growing, especially with the Wii-U version coming soon.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I've got a lot of replays but I have no way to record them.

Sad day.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
WTF at that second one.

I could record with it, but I wobble when taking pictures, so a video would look terrible.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The Ike "Ry" curse

Ryo
Rydle
Rykoshet
Ryuga

etc. Then there's Renegade which is kind of close.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ryuga is a guy who was banned from the skype group for being an asshole. But smashboards has a wordfilter, so I'll just call him a butt instead.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Ryuga comes from the same State as me. I still remember him destroying me in the AiB ladder a while back. Still longing for a rematch.

^-^

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Yeah, good stuff to ryuga. If ryuga's actually here. Love to see more ikes in tourneys soon.

Last edited:

Dicex

Smash Rookie
I hope Clash Tournament release the videos soon, wanna see that ike gameplay!

Planet God Venus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyugaVII
I agree, Ike sucks the win straight out of the top players' grasps.

Great play ryuga. I'm getting really motivated to climb the west coast ranks with ike now.
Yo do that **** I know a main TO there. I'll look out for you hitting up those tournaments!

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Too lazy to know how to convert my existing thread to it. :p

Last edited:

Aether9000

Smash Cadet
D1 is going to be hosting a sneak peak of Smash Wii U in West Hollywood, so I'm gonna try go and tell you guys how Ike feels with the C Stick. There is a small chance I won't be able to go so don't get too excited. I'll try to get some footage also.

All the videos will be on youtube.com/flyingcsok :happysheep:

Last edited:
Just stopping by to say Ike is facing DK in Conquest right now.

I suppose the Japanese gorilla jokes will finally become reality. :p

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Sorry I haven't respond here lately. My account stop notifying me for some reason. Congrats on Ryuga for showcasing Ike so well! It always shocks me to se how swiftly people can move with Ike.

Just stopping by to say Ike is facing DK in Conquest right now.

I suppose the Japanese gorilla jokes will finally become reality. :p
I'm really liking the new conquest mode on SSB4 mode so far. Are all you guys supporting just Ike, or are you also playing Little Mac as well?

I just finished unlocking all of Ike's customs the other day. What customs do you guys recommend on Ike?

Sorry I haven't respond here lately. My account stop notifying me for some reason. Congrats on Ryuga for showcasing Ike so well! It always shocks me to se how swiftly people can move with Ike.

I'm really liking the new conquest mode on SSB4 mode so far. Are all you guys supporting just Ike, or are you also playing Little Mac as well?

I just finished unlocking all of Ike's customs the other day. What customs do you guys recommend on Ike?
Well I use Ike quite a bit in free for alls. I don't use his customs though -- I don't have any.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

Personally I only change his Standard B. I use Tempest but Furious Eruption is also good.
You can change Side B to Close Combat if you prefer.
Regular Aether is good offensively.
Counters I haven't tried much.

Aether9000

Smash Cadet
I'm back folks. Ike feels really strange with the GC controller overall. I didn't feel like I was in complete control over him during the time I played. He feels really floaty, and I realize that this game can be that way sometimes, but it was very strange. I haven't touched a GC controller in months though so maybe that's why. Things will surely change once we get our hands on the game though.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
The main boon we'll have is better spacing and better short hopping.

It'll make our auto cancels better and give us less punishable options.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Okay, I'm officially in.

Ike is so much fun to play right now. Got any quick advice that can be effectively used? Nair'ing is really the best option to play alone here. I think I'll upload some matches later. Arena Ferox is fun too.

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Okay, I'm officially in.

Ike is so much fun to play right now. Got any quick advice that can be effectively used? Nair'ing is really the best option to play alone here. I think I'll upload some matches later. Arena Ferox is fun too.
Quick advice: Dash grab is decent, dthrow->fair/bair/uair at low to mid percents, spam bair along with nair, nair->jab and tilts at low %, nair->aerials at mid %. Usmash and Utilt are great for kills.

Those are the easiest bread and butter without going into more specifics.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Do you guys think Ike is overall better or worse than in Brawl? I know the execution of most of his moves are faster, buT his attacks are weaker. What do you think of SSB4 Ike?

Top Bottom