• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
The stage was on Battlefield, so let me see what I can remember:
-When recovering, I always aimed below or above Marth, as most likely he tried to foward smash me
-I used nair. A lot. Also jab.
-I countered quite a bit since the Marth was always on the offensive, worked most of the time.
-I tried edge guarding with Eruption, but it never worked with me
-I landed a fair when Marth tried to recover, it was surprisingly easy
-Up smash punish. Since Marth has landing lag when doing some(?) aerials, I did just that.

Now that I looked back on it, that Marth probably didn't know how to handle Ike. So I don't know if any of this would work against one that actually has experience.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
The stage was on Battlefield, so let me see what I can remember:
-When recovering, I always aimed below or above Marth, as most likely he tried to foward smash me
-I used nair. A lot. Also jab.
-I countered quite a bit since the Marth was always on the offensive, worked most of the time.
-I tried edge guarding with Eruption, but it never worked with me
-I landed a fair when Marth tried to recover, it was surprisingly easy
-Up smash punish. Since Marth has landing lag when doing some(?) aerials, I did just that.

Now that I looked back on it, that Marth probably didn't know how to handle Ike. So I don't know if any of this would work against one that actually has experience.
To be fair, not a lot of people (aside from us Ike mains who use other characters) know how to handle Ike. That's the upside to using a rare character. I also find myself using Nair and Jab a lot in matches. Up-Smash punishes work really well for anyone recovering above, due to is massive rang. Counter is always good against melee characters when they try to rush you down. From what you told me, looks like you played very well and read your opponent near perfectly! Good job! ;)

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I'm used to the buffering because I've been on Melee/P:M more than Brawl since coming to college. It feels normal to me.

I remember seeing a video similar to that Pacman one. It had a Little Mac KO Uppercut the hydrant and it flew high then landed on Pacman.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Just beat a Sonic player on For Glory. I used Counter a lot, which shut down must of his pushdown options and caused to have to resort to grabs and spacing. Once he started doing that, I just used my superior range (mostly my Dtilt and Nair) to read, outspace, and punish him. I won easily, with one stock left at 28%. :)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Eruption 2 has great potential. Super armor is still there near max charge and it blows away a good amount of recoveries. It doesn't work against ledge snap, but you can pull off 2-3 eruption2s offstage before recovering, which is pretty crazy. It can edgeguard on its own or supplement offstage aerials. You also get a small boost from double jump + eruption 2, allowing you to go lower than usual. This hard counters the option of people going low to recover, unless they double jump with perfect timing.

Last edited:

ocorena

Smash Rookie
hello all, I've been playing smash since the first one, but never really took it competitively/seriously. I used Ike in brawl because of how much I liked him in his fire emblem games and decided to stick with him in this game too. I probably won't post much, but it's better to at least know who your lurkers are I suppose.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
I love Ike but I feel a bit spoiled after playing PM. I feel as though his QD could have been changed up a bit, right now I feel so slow.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I don't understand what Sakurai was thinking giving Fox/Falco side-b without freefall, but Ike gets the short end of the stick with a requirement that honestly only activates SOME of the time.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ike's sideB is quite a bit better than theirs in practicality and sideB carries your momentum.

Waldox7

Smash Rookie
if only we can side b on the platform again to quick fall bair through the platform or quickdraw to usmash or fsmash or utilt again. would have been nice tbh. but i like the distance how far it would go.

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
My best moment in Path Of Radiance was when I promoted Ike I guess. In general, I love the promotion moment because I never know what or which class it would be. But my Ike at this moment was so awsm. I meant, first promotion, and it was with ike. Of course he was lvl 20 before.

My best moment in Radiant Dawn was when I just crushed that damn ugly Oliver. I cannot praise him, I find him with such an absence of charisma....

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Oh snap Waldo from AIB? Sup dude ^_^. I really need to get some matches in with everyone from here. I haven't played any other good Ike's yet. I want to see what everyone is bringing to the table!

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Oh man, would you look at this. All the Skype chat delinquents (Brawl Ike) in one place. That said, would a Skype group for this Ike have any worth?

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Oh man, would you look at this. All the Skype chat delinquents (Brawl Ike) in one place. That said, would a Skype group for this Ike have any worth?
I'd be game

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
easier to just add them to the one already made (titled currently as: GP looking like radiant dawn ike) No needing to simply separate the ike users of both past and present more lol

Last edited:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
easier to just add them to the one already made (titled currently as: GP looking like radiant dawn ike) No needing to simply separate the ike users of both past and present more lol
But I don't wanna ruin the little... thing the rest of us have going on.

And besides, a lot of the people there aren't all that interested in Smash 4 Ike, like Slaps, Larry, Hero, etc.

Last edited:

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
But I don't wanna ruin the little... thing the rest of us have going on.

And besides, a lot of the people there aren't all that interested in Smash 4 Ike, like Slaps, Larry, Hero, etc.
meh who cares what is going on in there. just bring em into it and they can talk, chill and ask questions. As for those not interested in smash 4, meh, they are in there for interest in other smashes and it is a general ike hub for all ike players, seeing some play PM, some Brawl, etc... and some just like ike, so anyone and everyone that has some sort of experience can pop up and ask/answer questions for whatever game they play.

Making another Ike group just for smash 4 is like making another NVG (Noel Vermillion General) skype for each iteration of blazblue, aint worth it and ike is just well... ike. doesn't matter what game.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So out of boredom, I started played SSB3DS and started constructing a tournament legal stage list. After playing through all the stages, these are the ones I feel are the most balanced, fair and competitive. Here's the list.

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Arena Ferox
Tomdachi Life
All Omega Stages
Prism Tower

Keep in mind this is my own personal list, nothing official. Other stages I think may or may not be fair are 3D Land, Paper Mario, Spirit Train, Gaur Plain and PictoChat2. What do you guys think? Is there anything stage that should or shouldn't be on the list?

k added you and can drop you into the group soon as ya log in after accepting the pending fr from 'senliten' of course. Skype doesn't like adding people not on a contact list, so sue me XD
Where is the Skype group? I'd like to join.

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I don't see Tortimer Island being neutral. Does FD also include Omega stages? The other stages don't look that bad though.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I don't see Tortimer Island being neutral. Does FD also include Omega stages? The other stages don't look that bad though.
Thanks! I have now added the Omega stages to the list. The Omega Stages are different from FD itself, and is a separate stage. The difference being that the Omega stages have walls under the ledges, like in PM Green Hill Zone. As for legality, Omega stages will be Counterpick, because the walls can assist characters like Sheik & Greninja with recovery. I didn't add it before due to the somewhat tedious nature of selecting the Omega stages.

As for Tortimer Island, why do you not see it as Neutral. It has few stage elements, with the only ones being the boat, the slight change in landscape and lack of ledges. There are no game-breaking or luck related stage hazards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom