• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

friendly fire

mariofan292

Smash Cadet
me and my friens like to play melee together alot would you suggest friendly fire to be on or off

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
Keep it on.

BTW. this is the type of question that you just ask in a bigger thread just as a side note. Dont make an entire new thread for such a small question. New threads are meant for DISCUSSION.

good luck w/ your smashing.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
You want it on. It allows for team players to save each other in certain ways. If you've used your last jump as Mario, and your teammate is Sheik for example, she could throw a needle and restore your jump. Also, with a Jigglypuff teammate, if she attempts her rest or sing, and misses, you can give her a light hit to prevent her from being punished by other players from the lag.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
I originally started playing doubles with friendly fire off, but it really takes alot of the tactics out of it. You dont have to be very careful, and it becomes a matter of who can outsmash who. When you get to doubles with friendly fire, a whole new spectrum of tactics and methods are unveiled, and it really livens up the gameplay. You have to be careful.. what a thought!

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
you should keep on.It can help you and your team mate save each other in certain situations like when you or your team mate are about to die,you can hit them with your recovery jump and save them while possibly saving yourself in the process.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Keep it on.

BTW. this is the type of question that you just ask in a bigger thread just as a side note. Dont make an entire new thread for such a small question. New threads are meant for DISCUSSION.

good luck w/ your smashing.
100% agreed. Waste of bandwith.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Off. I lik da part where u hold 1 person, an den u keep punchin dem and dey cant get out.
That just shows that you lack skill and shouldn't comment on this thread. You can easily do that with firendly fire on, all that's different is you need to space the hits, so it takes some skill.

Tournaments are friendly fire on cause it takes more skill, and you can use your attacks to save your teammate.

Corigames

Smash Hero
If you play Friendly Fire off, be a missile spamming Samus team. We did that once when we forgot to turn on FF.

Top Bottom