• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Friend 3DS + My WiiU = Mewtwo?

[mastershake]~~

Smash Cadet
So my friend has smash on a 3ds but doesn't have a Wii U and I plan on getting the Wii U SSB and don't have a 3DS (see where I'm going here). If we both register together we could get Mewtwo free for both systems. Anyone see any drawbacks to doing this either for Mewtwo or it screwing up any future DLC.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
If it's anything like the Hyrule Warrior Gannondorf DLC, you'll get the code from having both games on the same Club Nintendo account. You just work it with your friend so one person gets both games on their Club Nintendo account and gives the code they don't want to the other person.

[mastershake]~~

Smash Cadet
If it's anything like the Hyrule Warrior Gannondorf DLC, you'll get the code from having both games on the same Club Nintendo account. You just work it with your friend so one person gets both games on their Club Nintendo account and gives the code they don't want to the other person.
Wicked thanks!

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
So my friend has smash on a 3ds but doesn't have a Wii U and I plan on getting the Wii U SSB and don't have a 3DS (see where I'm going here). If we both register together we could get Mewtwo free for both systems. Anyone see any drawbacks to doing this either for Mewtwo or it screwing up any future DLC.
NOPE!

Your club Nintendo account is linked to your NINTENDO NETWORK ID.

Unless BOTH systems are registered to the SAME NNI & Club Nintendo account, you will NOT be able to download Mewtwo.

Steve178

Smash Rookie
i have 2 3DS's with 2 different Nintendo Network ID accounts but only have one Smash 3DS game. my 2nd 3DS's NNID account is not linked to my Wii U.

if i download Mewtwo on my 3DS with the NNID that is tied to my Wii U, will the Data save onto the cartridge and not the SD Card so i can use Mewtwo on my other 3DS with the NNID that isn't linked to my Wii U???

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
i have 2 3DS's with 2 different Nintendo Network ID accounts but only have one Smash 3DS game. my 2nd 3DS's NNID account is not linked to my Wii U.

if i download Mewtwo on my 3DS with the NNID that is tied to my Wii U, will the Data save onto the cartridge and not the SD Card so i can use Mewtwo on my other 3DS with the NNID that isn't linked to my Wii U???
There will be two codes that are given to you, one for 3DS Mewtwo and one for Wii U Mewtwo.

They will be downloaded and saved as a "purchase" under your NNID, which will be saved to your SD card.

I'm sure you could switch out SD cards, but then again, Smash 3DS remembers information like your system's name, your name, names, etc, which tie to the system hardware memory and not your SD card.

[mastershake]~~

Smash Cadet
NOPE!

Unless BOTH systems are registered to the SAME NNI & Club Nintendo account, you will NOT be able to download Mewtwo.
See I figured there was some sort of catch. No biggie tho, its probably only $5 bucks or so. Thanks for the help.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
I lost my code so I didn't get to register my 3DS version :((((. Probs will have to buy the MewTwo dlc instead.

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
If you didn't plan on buying one version or the other, do not buy an extra game just so that you can download one extra character for "free". Wait for the cheaper DLC offers.

Unless you change your mind and want both versions anyway.

Last edited:

Steve178

Smash Rookie
There will be two codes that are given to you, one for 3DS Mewtwo and one for Wii U Mewtwo.

They will be downloaded and saved as a "purchase" under your NNID, which will be saved to your SD card.

I'm sure you could switch out SD cards, but then again, Smash 3DS remembers information like your system's name, your name, names, etc, which tie to the system hardware memory and not your SD card.
ok awesome thanks dude. it's no big deal if i have to pay for him on the 3DS with the NNID that isn't tied to my wii u.

it's just much better that we'll get 2 seperate codes. You see i'm pretty sure my Original NNID is on it's last chance or two before it gets blocked entirely from the internet if i get another infraction on Miiverse.

so with my Smash 3DS XL and the New 3DS XL i'm getting next month, i've started a completely new NNID and i'm going to be super careful on this one now and try not to get myself any more infractions so this sort of thing can't possibly happen again on future consoles.

the8thark

Smash Lord
NOPE!

Well you got the one Ganondorf DLC code and it could be used on any Wii within the same region. The code is region locked but not account locked. The Ganondorf DLC still counts as a purchase but it's in your game update/DLC purchase area. You've paid for it with the code essentially. As long as the code is from the same country club Nintendo as you, the code should work for you. You can use other codes from the same region.

That's if it works the same way as the Ganondorf DLC. We will not know till next year.

Wait for the cheaper DLC offers.
That's if it happens. We all hope it will and Nintendo's wording has suggested it will. But that's certainly not a confirmation. I think in time (by next year) we will know more about this.

Last edited:

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
That's if it happens. We all hope it will and Nintendo's wording has suggested it will. But that's certainly not a confirmation. I think in time (by next year) we will know more about this.
Exactly what they want us to be concerned about, clever marketing tactics. There's still going to be plenty of people who purchase the game(s) after the promotional period ends, they wouldn't want to disappoint customers who missed out.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I see Mewtwo as an experimental / promotional DLC for Smash. That's why they're advertising him as "free" DLC IF you have both versions. I assume he would still be available in the eshop for those who only have 1 copy of the game. Depending on how successful Mewtwo is, they possibly may make more.

Another words don't expect Sak-Man to provide us with more DLC if we don't show Mewtwo or any other DLC that comes out first. We have to prove to him n Nintendo that DLC is worth the Money / Time / Effort.

[mastershake]~~

Smash Cadet
I have a feeling too that there will be more than just mewtwo for the DLC. Probably not another character, but it be dumb to not have some sort of bundle to prey on the ppl already going to d/l him.

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
The tweet mentions registering so it is a download linked to an account

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I lost my code so I didn't get to register my 3DS version :((((. Probs will have to buy the MewTwo dlc instead.
You lost your code? Isn't it just on the inside of the artwork of the case? You lose the game case? That's even more depressing than losing the code.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
You lost your code? Isn't it just on the inside of the artwork of the case? You lose the game case? That's even more depressing than losing the code.

I lost that insert with a present box on it with the Pin, I got the rest of the stuff somehow lol.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I lost that insert with a present box on it with the Pin, I got the rest of the stuff somehow lol.
I mean, my code was on the inside of the artwork. Take out the artwork paper from the box and on the inside (On the back) should be the code. Or at least it was on mine.

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
I was confused by this until I found out that the code is on the inside of the cover at your place.
It's still the red Club Nintendo card in front of the manuals here. :3

the8thark

Smash Lord
I was confused by this until I found out that the code is on the inside of the cover at your place.
It's still the red Club Nintendo card in front of the manuals here. :3
It's the red card here too. I think the red card is better as you can just not include it when you sell the game one day.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Is there an official source saying that we are able to buy the DLC if we only have 1 version, or are people just speculating?

the8thark

Smash Lord
Is there an official source saying that we are able to buy the DLC if we only have 1 version, or are people just speculating?
No source. People are just speculating. It is highly plausible, but it's still only speculation till Nintendo directly confirms it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom