• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fremont Casual Charity Tournament

OnStrings

Smash Rookie
FROM THE FOX THAT BROUGHT YOU ROBERT DIRTY DOLLARS!!11!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkey2-sf7iU

-Jk he's not hosting, he's just coming. This clip will be played on loop nonstop throughout the tournament for your enjoyment.-

This started out on facebook as a melee tournament for casual players that never/rarely go to tournaments, but now people are dropping out so I decided to post here to recruit people so we can break even for the venue fee we already paid! :D (Yes, this is the first time I've done this. It was supposed to be small, so...)

VENUE: Centerville Community Center
DATE: January 2nd, 2013
TIME: 4:30-9:30 PM (Arrive at 4, wary of organizational hazards) (Start cleaning up at 9, they'll kick us out)
VENUE FEE: $10
TOURNEY FEE: $7 (per person if teams)
DISCOUNTS: Full setup - $2 off, Partial setup (either a TV or cube+disc) - $1 off
FACEBOOK EVENT: http://www.facebook.com/events/424012984333429/?fref=ts

Tentative schedule is as follows:
4:00 - Everyone should have arrived by now. -squint-
4:30 - Enter the building, start setting up setups
ASAP - Bracket/friendlies
9:00 - Start cleaning up, they'll fine us $275 if we stay past 9:30
9:25 - Yall better be gone
9:30 - Room sweep + goodbyemyfriends.jpg

We've got around 20 no-namers coming at the moment, as well as 10 full setups. We do not anticipate this being a terribly long tournament. (Also we only have one recording setup lol)

AT THE MOMENT, we only have enough people to have a single's bracket because only 2 teams have actually signed up. If anyone wants to do teams, now would be the time to tell me. Currently, teams matches are only for friendlies/money matches/pride battles.

If you just want to come for friendlies and not the tournament, thascool. There might be brawl friendlies going on too. This is a super casual thing, a couple people don't play competitively lol.

Yes, this is a charity tournament to fund raise for the American Cancer Society, so the winnings are as follows:
1st - 25% of pot
2nd - Double entree fee
3rd - Entry fee returned
Rest - donated!!
Money Matches - We'll probably tax these because y'know. Charity.

They legitimately will charge us $275 if (a) we stay past 9:30pm or (b) we leave a messy room behind us. Be cool.

Signup either here or on the facebook page! Rules are also on the facebook page (not everyone knows what counterpicks or neutral stages are. If you know, be cool, it'll work out.)

OnStrings

Smash Rookie
what!

there are people setting up tournaments and attending that quite frankly (not to be rude) ive never seen or heard of!

join the norcal melee facebook group! we have over 300 people in it and are regularly setting up tournaments and smashfests to kick it and play melee

https://www.facebook.com/groups/276813632366412/
Oh shoot haha that's awesome, the people I play with are such casual gamers that we've never branched out

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
omg, secret norcal melee group!!

I'll be there, for sure.

OnStrings

Smash Rookie
Quick request! If anyone has power strips, bring em, because with this many setups and so few outlets we might run out of outlets. We've got a few at the moment, but that'll hardly suffice.

:phone:

Quarl

Smash Rookie
I'm planning on going. 17 is steep but I'm new to the bay area from NY and really just want to make some friends :D

Top Bottom