• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame perfect CGs Guide (Adding Visual Guide to process) *in progress

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
This is intended to be a beginners guide Enda. Relax and let the noobies learn, play, grow :)

Roller

Smash Legend
When вы держите вниз кнопку самосхвата оно вытягивает вверх по экрану для Nana. С самосхвата существенно экран и кнопка нападения в одном. Например: 1-If you' ve всегда пробовал jab > схватите кто-то и вы goof на времени вы кончаете вверх делать другой удар вместо самосхвата. 2-If you' ve попробовал сделать infinites с Dedede или Marth или кто-то и вами для того чтобы mess вверх буферность и вытянуть вверх по экрану вместо re-хватать. Хлынитесь если вы держите вниз самосхват немножко более длинним после вас ход с Popo, то, Nana' экран s придет вверх на секунда. Буфер экрана причиняет Nana к возврату в ее нейтральное положение которое позволяет вам сделать > bthrow; infinites dthrow без вопросов дистанционирования. Если вы don' t понимает к настоящему времени, you' re плотный
I don't think anyone broke it down enough. That's a pretty valid description and I'm sure that you'd have to be braindead to not understand it.
=/ uh oh

DeLux

I'm going to do a long retraction on why you SHOULDN'T use bthrow > fthrow repeated CGs if you can afford not to. I was under the impression that bthrow > fthrow did more damage and was unmashable because of buffering. After doing some math, I thought I was right. Unfortunately, I didn't do all the math correctly. So I need to fix that mistake.

Before we begin, please look at this post: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7281893#post7281893

It's all the throw frame data for the climbers on every character provided by my hero.

Now I want us to take a look at CGing Bowser:

Character - Hitbox / Total / IASA
Bowser - 22 / 57 / 48
All Characters - 24 / 54 / 50
Bowser - 45 / 69 / 60

The first set of data is the Bthrow while the other next set is the Fthrow for all characters.

Now in order to find out of a grab is able to buffered directly out of throw, one must take in the following must be true:

(IASA1 - Hitbox1) + Grab Frames < (Hitbox2 + 1)

So in the case of Bowser, in order buffer Bthrow Regrab into Fthrow the formula would read:
(Note: Bthrow is now Throw1 and Fthrow is considered throw 2)

(48-22) + 6 < (24 + 1)

32 < 25

Since 32 frames is not less than 25 frames, by math, it is impossible. You would have to allow for atleast 7 frames of mash time in order to theoretically regrab.

Now let's examine the Fthrow regrab to Bthrow:

(50 -24) + 7 < (22 + 1)

33 < 23

So when going from Fthrow to a Bthrow, it's impossible to buffer. The grab frames on this number is 7 because of pivot grab. You'd have to allow for 10 mashable frames in order to regrab successfully.

Now let's move onto the bthrow > dthrow alternating CGs-

Bthrow > Dthrow math:

(48 -22) + 6 < 46

42 < 46

Therefore with Bthrow to Dthrow, you can true buffer it. Not only that, you have a 4 frame gap with the other climber in which you can input spacing corrections.

Dthrow > Bthrow math

(60 - 45) + 7 < 23

22 < 23

Therefore dthrow > Bthrow is in theory bufferable. However the range in this case is 1 frame of spacing correction. Given that this means you would have to buffer a pivot grab and the spacing might be an issue that needs correcting in particular on bthrow transfers, I feel it is unviable to true buffer a bthrow when CGing.

(Side note: I have a feeling the 7 for the grab frames in the formula ought to be a 9 because of roll cancelling. I haven't tested it so I'm going to leave it as it stands.

TL;DR > You can't really truly buffer cgs to be unmashable.

Sieguest

Smash Master
New Years Present?

After being tangled with Christmas stuff and procrastination. I finally did some work on this. I've done Mario and Metaknight. Mario's is kind of gimpy because I tried to consolidate everything with as few fields as possible. MetaKnight's seems like it goes on forever but that's only because using formulas makes it go by faster instead of doing all the math by hand so I had to create more fields...

http://www.mediafire.com/?uc2n9599p80t2j5
(copy and paste into your address bar lol)

A lot of the beginning stuff probably won't interest you, the reason it was there was for my own convenience in making the formulas.

The spreadsheet breaks down how many frames MK (or Mario) has to mash in all the situations I could think of. Yes I covered situations that you probably wouldn't ever concern yourself with, but for people new to climbers it will show that it's probably not a good idea to start CGs with bthrow.

Note: A negative number in the field indicates that you have that many frames to correct spacing.

The spreadsheet also shows the inputs per frame the opponent needs to input in order to mash at any given percent up to 300%.

Note: A negative number in this field doesn't really mean much as they're derived from the fields that had negative answers from "Frames to mash blah blah blah". Assuming you buffered the throw no need to worry. Seeing as how the inputs per frame to mash will change per frame you wait if you didn't throw, there's no way I could put a more "useful" number in place of the negatives.

One other thing to make note of... I did account for shield buffering frames when considering Popo bthrowing to Nana after Nana dthrows or bthrows. This is accounted for only on MK since you don't need to shield buffer to use certain CGs on Mario.

Some Conclusions:
-If you grab MK at low percents, dthrow CG him to about 30% or so to be safe. Then you can use alt throws if you want to.

-(For new climbers) Please don't start CGs with bthrow, it's way too many frames to wait and any good masher is probably going to mash. Dthrow is the best throw to start CGs with.

-You can make Nana buffer a dthrow after any throw from Popo
(except uthrow obviously) and be able to get a regrab.

-As kind of a complement to Lux's earlier post, you can't buffer CGs to make them truly unmashable. There just comes a point where it's highly impractical to be able to mash out of the CG (Unless you're not human or something...)

-No worries about that break method K Prime brought up in one of our biggest matchups! :D

I'm too tired to think of anything so blah.... There it is if you're interested.... I'll be updating the link as I continue adding more characters onto it. I'll also work to make it a bit more user friendly lol.

DeLux

Probably Total inputs needed to mash/Frames available based on the grab formula.

And Jesus Guest, this chart is way more detailed and way more awesome than I imagined. I'll ask around to see how many input it's possible to put per frame of mashing AND if buffering mashes has an affect and then we can verify for sure about breakability.

Also, not to add more work, but you should make some sort of key for the title of columns at the top. Like label what you mean by "mashing frames for XX". So we don't have to look at the column XX lol. Lazy like that :)

Sieguest

Smash Master
How did you get the inputs per frame to mash data?
Inputs needed to mash/Frames to mash before "X" action
Probably Total inputs needed to mash/Frames available based on the grab formula.

And Jesus Guest, this chart is way more detailed and way more awesome than I imagined. I'll ask around to see how many input it's possible to put per frame of mashing AND if buffering mashes has an affect and then we can verify for sure about breakability.

Also, not to add more work, but you should make some sort of key for the title of columns at the top. Like label what you mean by "mashing frames for XX". So we don't have to look at the column XX lol. Lazy like that :)
I'll work on it. Hopefully I'll have a pretty user friendly method of navigating the chart by the time I finish the rest of the characters. :)

DeLux

I (Lux) solemnly affirm that this will not go the way of the solo dthrow CG thread and will attempt a big update before the month is out.

DeLux

Bumping this thread because I'm going to start working on it again

Top Bottom