• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame Data!

metroid1117

Smash Master
Did you check IASA data as well? Or did you factor that in with the cooldown time? Either way, it's quite an impressive list.

DADdedede

Smash Cadet
that's a pretty sweet list, im gonna try to do that for some other characters, if i have the time...

metroid1117

Smash Master
no i did not, do you know how i could test this?
Sorry for not replying to this, I forgot to check back >.>. Anyways, you can check IASA (interruptible as soon as) data by holding shield during an attack's ending animation; the first frame that the shield comes up is the first frame the attack's ending animation can be canceled. You might find that some attacks have deceptively shorter lag animations than previously thought; Ike's FAir, for example, has roughly 8 frames of landing animation that you can cut out by abusing IASA frames.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
ADVANTAGE FORMULA: SHIELDSTUN + HIT - SHIELDHITLAG - END (or IASA)

Straight from the link I sent you. It's basically the amount of frames between when you can react and when your opponent can react after an attack hits a shield. Most of them come out negative, but it still helps to show which moves are actually safe.

JCav

Smash Lord
ADVANTAGE FORMULA: SHIELDSTUN + HIT - SHIELDHITLAG - END (or IASA)

Straight from the link I sent you. It's basically the amount of frames between when you can react and when your opponent can react after an attack hits a shield. Most of them come out negative, but it still helps to show which moves are actually safe.
woa...

ill get to it but school and i have yoshi data to do and possibly other characters after that but i will remain loyal to my character and i can say that i WILL get to it, its just a matter of time

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Haha, wtf, I don't know how you tested this. What are you referring to by cooldown? What about the landing lag? Because when you start a Nair close to the ground it does NOT take 25 frames for it to end.

How did you test how long the hitbox was out? Fastfalling landing lag compared to regular falling landing lag? What about the time in the air? Or is that all under the cooldown category? This is like the first time I've actually looked at this, and I'm confused xD

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Doesn't reflector have 7 frames of invincibility? I just tested this on virtual dub or am I doing something wrong. Also, if you hit the person with the reflector, you are 4 frames ahead of the other guy.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wait. If you get a 4 frame advantage can't you go for a grab right after the shine then? Idk about the grab armor but it might be possible to grab before the opponent can hit...and even then the grab armor might prevent knockback?

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Grab armor? Meaning the faux super armor you get when you grab someone the same frame they hit you?

I wouldn't be worried about that, too much, some characters might be able to jab before you grab. And you have to do a dashing grab because the standing grab doesn't have enough range.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
How many frames does charging a smash get rid of?

How often can do you the grab attack? (if its only 6 frames then you should be able to do 10 a second???)

How many frames do you have to hit A after the first hit of AAA combo to get the second hit to come out?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Tope your questions are kinda vague to me. I don't even get them or they're very situational (#2 depends on opponent %).

I just wanted to throw something in (hopefully Jimbo reads this): Fsmash has probably not 5 frames startup lag but 10.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let me try to rephrase.

#1 If I charge a d-smash as compared to just pressing down on the cstick what is the frame difference?

#2 If the opponent is at max damage, how many times a second can one execute the grab attack? (turbo controllers anyone)

#3 If I start the jab combo how many frames do I have to input the next button sequence before I'm allowed to move again? For jab grab and the like.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry to bump and old topic, but it's a sticky, so i don't think it matters too much. If the reflector has a 4-frame advantage, does that mean that you could have a guaranteed jab combo? The level 9 CPU perfect shields this fairly often, so am I not pressing it fast enough?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm sorry to bump and old topic, but it's a sticky, so i don't think it matters too much. If the reflector has a 4-frame advantage, does that mean that you could have a guaranteed jab combo? The level 9 CPU perfect shields this fairly often, so am I not pressing it fast enough?
Correct, so long as you are in range. My conputer never shields it, try buffering the jab.

And, our frame data should look sexier, like this. Anyone have the tools to get this done?

:059:

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Correct, so long as you are in range. My conputer never shields it, try buffering the jab.

And, our frame data should look sexier, like this. Anyone have the tools to get this done?

:059:
It just didn't make much sense to me, since if reflector hits on frame 7 and ends on frame 28 with a +4 frame advantage, then it means that it has a 25 frame stun, which seems like quite a bit (Samus's fully charge shot stuns for 18 frames). Anyways, I'll go try it out tomorrow.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Sorry to bump an old topic, but for the reflector...

I'm reading it right that it takes 14 frames to drop the reflector? Thanks for the help.

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
Even though it's late, thanks for the hard work.

Unfortunately, there is some conflicting information. Check http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225510 to compare.

OURS
THEIRS
TOTAL

SPOT DODGE:

1-6 (6) vulnerable
7-19 (13) invincible
20-23 (4) vulnerable
23 total

1 (1) vulnerable
2-20 (19) invincible
21-25 (5) vulnerable
25 total

ROLL:

1-6 (6) vulnerable
7-14 (8) invincible
15-25 (11) vulnerable
25 total

1-3 (3) vulnerable
4-19 (16) invincible
20-31 (12) vulnerable
31 total

Airdodge:

1-6 (6) vulnerable
7-20 (14) invincible
21-22 (2) vulnerable
22 total <- THIS IS DEFINITELY WRONG

1-3 (3) vulnerable
4-29 (26) invincible
30-49 (20) vulnerable
49 total

JCav

Smash Lord
i was told before that my dodging information was wrong but i was never told like that, the dodges were hard to tell and more of this data may be wrong...

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
There was some dispute over the frame data in that thread too. There's a chance that most of your data is correct. I was just pointing out the differences.

The only one that I really think is off is your air dodge. 22 frames can't be right considering how Wolf can do two Bairs out of a FH but only one AD out of a FH.

Top Bottom