• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Redesign

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I would not say total redesign but I love it. Also the fact that they emphasized basic colors in this one :D He looks new and all HD :D

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I like the fur that he and DK have. It makes them look like animals rather than humans! I'm gonna main them when the game comes out, even if they suck.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The fur is indeed good on DK and Fox. The fur and shading also makes Fox look like he has a longer more Foxlike snout than his Brawl counterpart (although this just may be an optical illusion).

His clothing is the same, but looks more detailed and can be seen more clearly because of the bright quality of the colors this time around. Look at those greeeeeeeen pants. Love the art direction in this Smash. Amazing.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looks pretty good!

Dat fur....

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice
I enjoy Fox's new fur just as much as the next guy, but I really hope they change his head's model a little more!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Eh, I'm not a big fan of the bulbous Disney-style boots. But, they never bothered me much in Brawl, so I guess it doesn't matter. The fur does look nice, fur sure.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Eh, I'm not a big fan of the bulbous Disney-style boots. But, they never bothered me much in Brawl, so I guess it doesn't matter. The fur does look nice, fur sure.
Ahh it ain't that bad of a thing.

The bigger the boots, the bigger the kicks, and Fox is damn near allll kicks.

I really like the way Fox turned out. The vibrant colors really make him pop~
Also is it me or does he look thinner?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, he looks a bit more like a fox now. Though his design hasn't changed too much, and I'm fine with that. I just want him to still as good as before, if not better.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
He looks.... the same!! Just a little bit furrier. Why he still looks like StarFox Command? I don't understand!! I hoped him to look as in StarFox64 3D. Its the last game. Also he looks very well in that game. I'm a StarFox fan since I was 6. I'm very dissapointed seing him just as Brawl. When I see the Melee-Brawl redesingn I was like O.O But now I just see the same. There is only one chance to see him in his Nintendo 64 splendor. Alternative costume to look as James McCloud :DDD

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
FoxSF64.jpg

I think he looks great in StarFox 643D. It is also the latest game in the franchise as well.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I like the current design better than 64 or Melee one. May be it is just me. My only gripe would be his forehead but still he looks fine to me. May be his look did not change that much because it seems like there won't be a new Star Fox game or so...

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
Its a good design And I like that you can see his teeth better. More animilistic and vicious looking. I can only hope that should Wolf stay in they do the same for him.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
This was the first thing that came into my head when I first saw Fox:

I'm loving the fur effect.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
This raises the question of whether or not Falco (assuming he is still in) will have epic feathers.

bleyva

Smash Ace
The fur and saturated colors really adds pop to the whole design, big upgrade

yullow321

Smash Rookie
I was hoping too see something a little different he looks identical almost. Every game he usually has had a big change.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
He looks like an old man who needs to shave his eyebrows, inner ear hair, and scraggily thin facial hairs. The color and clothes are nice but I'm not feeling anything else. Hopefully he's insanely broken though.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
I wish he looked more like his melee version...I think he looks the most fox like bc of his elongated snout

Jet300

Smash Ace
I like it, but I was expecting the 3ds fox design mixed in with assault fox, but whatever.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
My favourite design is still the Melee one:

But this new design is close enought. Good job Nintendo!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
He would be near perfect with updated Melee boots. The shading on the snout makes it look more pointed which is nice.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still like his design now. But having a more elongated snout would look even better.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Well, if Megaman had influence from the Astroboy movie I guess Fox Mc. Cloud had influence from the Fantastic Mr. Fox Movie.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Only thing good about Melee Fox is his elongated snout. Almost everything else about Melee Fox makes me cringe.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Now just give me my Dark Fox color and I'm good to go.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yeah, a little bit longer snout could be good. And I don't think I like Melee Fox design over Brawl Fox.... Something about Melee Fox is kind of... off lol. Even more so than Brawl for some reason.

Top Bottom