• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Redesign

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
What? I thought Melee Fox was close to perfect. He looks like he came out of the Matrix or something, and he's a ton of fun to play with too. I've only played Starfox 64 and a little bit of the SNES one, soo that may be why I like his original look better.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I dunno, I just don't like his design for some reasons I cannot explain.... I am no fan of Command Fox too but....

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Melee Fox's mouth is way too long, it makes him look special. And then there's his eyes/eyebrows which are weirdly designed. I'm not even going to go into how horrible his lower body is.

It just feels like Brawl and SSB4's Fox has a more unique look.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
@greenluigiman2, I guess that could be it.... Even though Command's Fox design is not my favorite but it does give out some unique look.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Brawl Fox and now this Fox are closest to this fox.

image.jpg

So Smash 4 Fox wins over Melee Fox any day. Melee Fox was the most generic dog faced thing ever.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Fox looks great imo. I think Brawl was his best design because it was rife with originality. His whole design was well thought out and creative, along with Falco and Wolf, whom Sakurai did a great job of differentiating. I'm really glad they kept that design because it means that Falco/Wolf will too (if they're in).

Morbi

Scavenger
I really liked his design in Super Smash Bros 64. Melee came along and I was pleased with his redesign. Brawl... that was horrendous. The most foul repugnant design I have ever seen. It actually turned me off from using Fox. This new redesign is amazing. I love it. I will probably pick up Fox if he plays anything like he used to. I am a little worried that they may cut my current main Wolf from the game. Fox will be somebody nice to fall back on. I am really digging his new model.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
It looks pretty great but I wish they'd go back to 64 Foxand go from there.
Yeah... I think there's little hope! Fox design in SSB4 was modeled after Brawl and I don't think it's the final design. They could continue redesign it and he'd look more like SF643D. If Falco is gone, Fox will be much like SSB64!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I enjoy Fox's new fur just as much as the next guy, but I really hope they change his head's model a little more!
Glad to see I'm not the only one who hates his head model. They should've kept the one from Melee instead of his awful Command look. Same for Falco and Wolf. Glad to see more realistic fur for Fox and DK

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see I'm not the only one who hates his head model. They should've kept the one from Melee instead of his awful Command look. Same for Falco and Wolf.
I second that. I love that more serious, fiercer look in melee. He looks too cute in brawl for me.

I'm not so sure how I think about his look here. Doesn't look like really much has changed at all, but meh, I'll give it more time of looking at it. Maybe I'll start liking it for once. MAYBE.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Sakurai, please stop visiting KC:MM too much. :/ I mean, why do he look so identical to Brawl? I was hoping him to look different in SSB4 (from scratch?) just like you did to Melee and Brawl...

I hope it isn't the final design.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Just for lolz, I changed Fox's head anatomy from Brawl to more 64/Melee alike (for some reason he looked much like he was from Smash 64 XD)

SSB4 should look like this

EDIT smoothed out ugly details & other fixes

5/12/2014
retried using perspective tool (looked like 64-Adventures aww yeah)

Last edited:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Just for lolz, I changed Fox's head anatomy from Brawl to more 64/Melee alike (for some reason he looked much like he was from Smash 64 XD)

SSB4 should look like this

EDIT smoothed out ugly details & other fixes

Agreed. But what can ya do, looks like we're stuck with this chibi fox unless we get alternate costumes.

I'm holdin' out hope for a James McCloud alt. Yay for animals in sunglasses!

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Alternate costume with different anatomy would be very cool. Otherwise, nothing we can do about it until SSB5... No way Sakurai and his team will re-use Brawl model for SSB5 :crazy:

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
The Melee rendition of Fox will always hold a special place in my heart, he felt more fierce than the Brawl version. I feel like petting him when looking at his Brawl model :p.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyone think that his boots are more akin of the Robot legs of SNES days? A la Melee?

Swift Fox

Smash Lord

Come to think of it, Fox in 3DS looked great, and he don't really look the same as Brawl Fox (notably his ears). I am getting a feeling that Fox design in Wii U version isn't the final design. The 3DS got ahead of it because SSB devs cannot simply port Brawl Fox model into it.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I really do hope that Fox's design isn't final. I don't know but I want new design. Not like I mind Brawl Fox or anything (except for that big forehead lol) I kinda wish that they would have given him at least a new outfit to boast... I don't want Melee or Brawl Fox, I want... SSB for Wii U Fox!

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I really do hope that Fox's design isn't final. I don't know but I want new design. Not like I mind Brawl Fox or anything (except for that big forehead lol) I kinda wish that they would have given him at least a new outfit to boast... I don't want Melee or Brawl Fox, I want... SSB for Wii U Fox!
Anatomy from Fox's true self to Brawl/Command:
-triangle thing on his forehead became longer and narrower
-long head (command only, this is necessary because of DS's hardware limitation, this is number #1 worst design that really **** up Fox's true self, Brawl tried to follow Command design and it end up ****ed so bad)
-his ears are like cat and that lower part of them are really far apart from helmet (brawl only, this is number #2 worst design, thanks to #1)
-excessive concave in between of snout and forehead (brawl only, in contribution to number #1 worst design, inproved in SSB4, but still...)
-fur span around nape from cheeks are too wide
-not gold fur :sick: (Brawl only)
-small snout (big in SF64/3D, medium in SNES/Adventures/Smash64/Melee, small in Assault/Command/Brawl, the medium snout size is pretty consistent for Fox's true self)
-ending of eyebrows are bold (supposed to fade into his overall brown/gold fur, if can't be faded due to old system's limitations, it doesn't appear to flow up)

I don't think his forehead has grown big, it's just that triangle thing on his head has gotten too narrow and long.

I can see something wrong with Melee. He look emotionless and his head look squashed or just his back head went too far back! Hence why he looked more like 64 than Melee in pic I edited.

Gavi

Smash Cadet
Very lazy design on Fox. Would have preferred he not even be revealed yet, for a new design. This design is not at all iconic. In-game his fur is still pretty flat, and not as good as DK's. Overall this fox bores me. The fact that he's been revealed like this gives me little hope that this is subject to change.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Very lazy design on Fox. Would have preferred he not even be revealed yet, for a new design. This design is not at all iconic. In-game his fur is still pretty flat, and not as good as DK's. Overall this fox bores me. The fact that he's been revealed like this gives me little hope that this is subject to change.
I agree with you. I would have preferred it to not have revealed yet for better design or just continue editing after it's been revealed. If it is indeed the final design we've not hoped for, then I guess we'd have to wait for SSB5...

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I personally like Fox's design in this game. Very similar to Brawl but still great.

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
Melee Fox is the best IMO. I dunno but I think it looks the most Badass. But seriously, I thought they would've remade Fox maybe by using his design in Star Fox 64 3DS?

nessokman

Smash Lord
Melee Fox is the best IMO. I dunno but I think it looks the most Badass. But seriously, I thought they would've remade Fox maybe by using his design in Star Fox 64 3DS?
You think he's badass because how overused he is in melee

Top Bottom