• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Aerials Auto-cancel from the ledge.

PhoenixToaster

Smash Rookie
NNID
Blueknight99
Just want you guys to know that every one of fox's aerials can auto cancel from the ledge. Could this possibly lead into a shield break? Auto-canceled down air into firefox?

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
It does break shields but I'm not sure whether or not it's escapable between the aerial and the up b.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
From my very short and basic and by no means conclusive testing, if you firefox on someones shield, the final hit of the firefox is needed to break it, but you can roll or spotdodge between the 2nd last hit and the last hit.
Adding a dair into the mix might damage a shield enough that you dont need the final hit of firefox, but seems to me this wouldn't be guaranteed but rather a little trick to catch someone off guard once or twice.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
i love dair from the ledge. if you hit them you can extend your followups like ****ing crazy

if i see them shielding i tend to avoid dair, but if i do dair them shielding i might wanna just roll away to get back on stage. but i suppose dair to upb could be funny.

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
I use AC up air from the ledge whenever my opponent does something silly on the ledge(whiffed down smash for example). Its verrrrrrry good

iwumboyouwumbo

Smash Rookie
Just want you guys to know that every one of fox's aerials can auto cancel from the ledge. Could this possibly lead into a shield break? Auto-canceled down air into firefox?
What's the timing for this? I can't seem to get it right with any of them.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
What's the timing for this? I can't seem to get it right with any of them.
Are you trying to ledge jump as in drop off the ledge (with back or down) and double jump aerial, or are you trying to ledge jump as in pressing up/jump from the ledge to do the actual ledge jump option?

iwumboyouwumbo

Smash Rookie
Are you trying to ledge jump as in drop off the ledge (with back or down) and double jump aerial, or are you trying to ledge jump as in pressing up/jump from the ledge to do the actual ledge jump option?
The former. I have been practicing and I can get it occasionally now.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
His aerials will auto-cancel as long as you don't fast-fall them. Make sure you don't fast-fall them, although if you catch someone with dair at kill percent fast-falling isn't a bad idea since it will hit the landing hitbox to set up for an up smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom