• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fox vs captin

LuCKy

Smash Master
ok i went to the official fox vs thread i even searched but found nothing before anyone tells me to look somewhere else.now its not that i have a lot of problems with captin its just that i havnt played a good captin and im scared of what might happen against a really good falcon.so all i want is some good tips for fighting a very good captin like really good.oh and before anyone tells me to practis or find a good falcon or something im gonna get some good falcon practis from dc lol plz help

technomancer

Smash Champion
Falcon falls into Fox's standard matchups. The big thing to do is vary your techs and don't get mindgamed while teching, and otherwise just try not to get grabbed. Whatever->shine->WD grab->Uthrow to Uair juggles to vertical laser spam is good stuff.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Ah, this matchup is my favorite. It's usually either really easy, or really hard. Of course, not always, but it's a one sided match. Since he's a fast faller, a lot of combos work on him. I really like the uptilt on this one. Poor DI can get you a few hits(which adds up pretty fast) abd then end it with the appropriate aerial. You can waveshine him too, so those combos work mighty fine. Grabs on him are work well too. You know, every aspect of Fox works well on Falcon. Well, if you really need to win, gimp him by getting him off stage. It's really to edge guard them.
Another, like the guy said, is to not get grabbed. A constantly moving Fox would be pretty hard for a Falcon to hit, so his combos start from his grabs. They can't edgeguard Foxes as good as we can to them, but still try to stay on stage. A good Falcon can get Foxes pretty well. Lastly, tech well. Falcon will constantly try to grab you(and maybe to teh knee), so don't ever fall into that.
I think that's it for me. Hope it helps.

takieddine

Smash Master
edgeguard the crap out of him, always knock him off the stage whenever possible, and be careful with shinespiking, he might catch you offguard with upB or an uair.

what everyone said about tech chasing...

try not to get grabbed either...jc grab out of shine will fix that and occasionally give you a free grab.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
I seriously think falon ***** falco way more than fox. When using captain, falcos are mad easy for me. The elite foxes are almost unbeatable tho b/c u can die under 30% at any moment.

Sometimes I think not teching on purpose is good if you're constantly getting tech chased. All the decent foxes i play, sometimes dont tech on purpose to throw my techchasing game off. And it works. b/c techchasing space animals is mad easy with grabs but a little more difficult with the side-b.

Always shine the falcon whenever hes off the stage for the quick kill. Shffl waveshine into upsmash is also very good against falcon.

Lucky, u live in CT, if you are willing to travel out a little to play a real good falcon. Lemme know if you would be interested.

D

Deleted member

fox vs falcon is fun. walk around and upsmash. yay win.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Since Falcon is pretty heavy so try to eliminate him on the side rather than send him sky rocketing into space (even though that a well positioned flip kick usually gets it done, it's kinda predictable). Also, avoid getting grabbed by a really good Falcon user cause they will tend to link up insane combos. In addition, match Falcon with Fox's ground game.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Drill shine him(or washine if you prefer) to dead if you are enough skilled. Abuse the nair, it works pretty well at high percentages and JC your shine into a grab for an uthrow to up smash or uair respectively. Dont get grabbed and play smart.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
lol such good help thanx evryone i will try everything out i dont think i will have that much problems with a falcon unless he is really good.

this is lucky on my friends account

Top Bottom