• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox McCloud Discussion

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Let's not forget that Fox was never the fastest. C.Falcon dashed faster in Melee, and Falco fell faster...I think.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
I dont know if this was suggested yet but seeing how Falco might comeback with a new moveset (which is likely), I think Fox should of gotten Falco's down A-Tilt.

They are different for anyone who says they arent.

Fox's was just a spiral kick coming down from the air like Jigglypuff's and a couple of other characters.

Falco's on the other hand was where you stomp on top of the enemy and
they hit the ground hard. Other characters have this like Capt Falcon and Ganon

Desruprot

Smash Lord
it is, well that is interesting because I am a falco player and found it to be like that, but never really look at it that detailed, the animation however is the same, the way the attack itself lands is different...

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Mad555; couple of things:

1. Thats not a down A tilt. Its a down aerial.
2. Fox shouldn't have gotten it. Falco's down aerial is one of the best in the game, and giving it to fox would severly unbalance him (more than he is now). Also, Fox and Falco's down aerials are made to co-operate with their respective Reflectors.
3. The "stomp" you speak of which is shared by Capt Falcon and Ganon is commonly referred to as a "Meteor Spike". Although, (dont quote me on this) i think Falco's dair is a true spike as it cannot be meteor cancelled.

I find it funny to think he has 500 posts and i have 200. Not saying that in an offensive way.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
RazeveX you are right in saying that falco's Dair is a spike..

Anyways, I want to start off this discussion (For me) on a sad note =[. Gimpy said that now when you land from a special move you don't just shake off the lag like before. Anyone else really sad about what this might do to fox's laser spamming ability?

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Mad555; couple of things:

1. Thats not a down A tilt. Its a down aerial.
2. Fox shouldn't have gotten it. Falco's down aerial is one of the best in the game, and giving it to fox would severly unbalance him (more than he is now). Also, Fox and Falco's down aerials are made to co-operate with their respective Reflectors.
3. The "stomp" you speak of which is shared by Capt Falcon and Ganon is commonly referred to as a "Meteor Spike". Although, (dont quote me on this) i think Falco's dair is a true spike as it cannot be meteor cancelled.

I find it funny to think he has 500 posts and i have 200. Not saying that in an offensive way.
Sorry, I didnt think of it that way and Im not an expert in this, Im still learning. Didnt know it was called a aerial.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Sorry, I didnt think of it that way and Im not an expert in this, Im still learning. Didnt know it was called a aerial.
Thats fine. Dont worry about it.

RazeveX you are right in saying that falco's Dair is a spike..

Anyways, I want to start off this discussion (For me) on a sad note =[. Gimpy said that now when you land from a special move you don't just shake off the lag like before. Anyone else really sad about what this might do to fox's laser spamming ability?
Yeah, i know it sucks for laser spamming ability, but think about the positives.

...umm...

uhh...

shooting missiles with samus might be a bit easier??

meh...

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
On the bright side, its not just fox they are hurting with this tweak... Although probably hurts him a lot more because he was un spammable anyways.

courte

Smash Lord
i know this doesn't belong but i think his Final Smash is great - Super Power for the super balanced at least he didn't get the link/ike treatment. who wants a super firefox?? not me

also doesn't this mean falco, if he's in, HOPEFULLY AS ADVENTURES OUTFIT, he'll get the arwing?? he is the best pilot on the team

Top Bottom