• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox In Crews

_X_

Smash Lord
So, Fox huh?

It's not like we don't know that Fox Vs. The Chu isn't such a sweet deal. I mean other than have pretty good aerial priority you have that ... >_> well, you know.. Chain grab

As probably none of you know, I run the SBBrawl tournaments, StigmaB in Melbourne Australia with Jei. Page can be found here "http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210245" (/shameless self promotion).

Anyway, end of the tournament, placed 7th - Fox only, and we decided to play crews.

I was called up to take the last stock from Afropony's Metaknight, I came out with 2 stock left. Next was vs DS (Siyro) and he chose Pika. Random battlefield and I got about 30% on him before BOTH my stocks were gone. It was brutal. Since Crews dictates you can't change characters I was pretty much ****ed for the counter pick.

Thoughts?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
its your crew captains fault for putting you in knowing there was a pikachu still in the opposite crew

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Since Crews dictates you can't change characters I was pretty much ****ed for the counter pick.
I believe the rule is that if you change characters, they get to CP a stage?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i think the rules are if they choose the stage you can change chars but if they go random your stuck with previous char, atleast thats how it is here

Curaga

Smash Ace
My opinion is.. if Fox is your best, play Fox in crews.

Even though Pikachu exists, it shouldn't deter you from eating people up with your best character. Just takes careful planning and player positioning to ensure you don't face such an opponent.

Is that an answer to your question? I'm unsure of the point. XD

_X_

Smash Lord
My opinion is.. if Fox is your best, play Fox in crews.

Even though Pikachu exists, it shouldn't deter you from eating people up with your best character. Just takes careful planning and player positioning to ensure you don't face such an opponent.

Is that an answer to your question? I'm unsure of the point. XD
My point is that just about anyone can do that chain grab and nearly 3 stock you every time. You don't need prior playing skill with Pika. Hence Fox is useless in crews. I really want someone to convince me otherwise but I doubt it can be done.

GOAT22

Smash Cadet
if someone is going pikachu in a crew just to cg you without knowing how to play pika, they will get ***** by the next person in your crew.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I already said I'm sorry. But your right, Fox gets ***** by the little thunder mouse.

Pika's Chain Grab on Fox is Relativly easy to do, correct, and as a Fellow Fox Main I know just how nasty it was to do. I did it for two Reasons, 1. for the lols, 2. It was getting late and Us bendigo guys wanted to get home.

Anyway, enough apologising, I personally would of Striked Battlefield and Hoped for FD to laser Spam like a crazy Mo-Fo. If it is known there is a good Pika on the other team it is not a good Idea to send a Fox in unless you really have to. However, if the Pika is only a noob, avoiding Laggy moves where possible, and just damage racking until a kill is as easy as reciting the alphabet. If the Pika is good, well I don't know... Pray to god or something.

I Have never had to verse a Pika with my Fox, so I'm sorta half guessing here...

EDIT: The best counterpick against Pika is Marth, Most crews have atleast one Marth player, And basically Pika gets slaughtered. So sending in a noob Pika just to Chain grab a Fox would most likely lead to the Pika getting Counter picked by A Marth. And believe me, that is not a fun match for the Pikachu at all.

M@v

Subarashii!
At least Falco is hard to grab. Fox meanwhile is one of the easiest characters in the game to grab, even if you are good with him.

_X_

Smash Lord
Dude, I already said I'm sorry. But your right, Fox gets ***** by the little thunder mouse.

Pika's Chain Grab on Fox is Relativly easy to do, correct, and as a Fellow Fox Main I know just how nasty it was to do. I did it for two Reasons, 1. for the lols, 2. It was getting late and Us bendigo guys wanted to get home.

Anyway, enough apologising, I personally would of Striked Battlefield and Hoped for FD to laser Spam like a crazy Mo-Fo. If it is known there is a good Pika on the other team it is not a good Idea to send a Fox in unless you really have to. However, if the Pika is only a noob, avoiding Laggy moves where possible, and just damage racking until a kill is as easy as reciting the alphabet. If the Pika is good, well I don't know... Pray to god or something.

I Have never had to verse a Pika with my Fox, so I'm sorta half guessing here...

EDIT: The best counterpick against Pika is Marth, Most crews have atleast one Marth player, And basically Pika gets slaughtered. So sending in a noob Pika just to Chain grab a Fox would most likely lead to the Pika getting Counter picked by A Marth. And believe me, that is not a fun match for the Pikachu at all.
YOU CAN'T STRIKE STAGES IN CREWS!! I CAN'T CHANGE CHARACTERS AND FOX SUCKS.

THE END.

/cruse control.

Top Bottom