• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox AT that also works for ZSS

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
This was discovered by R00KIE on the Fox forums:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4lvuuOdvYk&feature=channel_page

They call it a "true glide toss." It's a jump cancelled glide toss that functions pretty similarly to a traditional glide toss. For ZSS, it actually sends her less distance than a "traditional" glide toss however this does have its uses. Like a glide toss, you can perform any action when it completes. Doing some experimentation of my own I've discovered that this can be reversed. What this means is that if you have a banana in your hand, you can run, X+A, throw the banana down, and be facing the other direction. It's brilliant for mindgames and you'd be crazy not to learn how to do this. Enjoy. :)

To perform: X/Y+A and a direction. Pretty simple. To reverse it, you basically RAR the technique. Dash, tilt the control stick in the other direction, and input the command.

EDIT: On very slow speeds in training mode I am juggling bananas (one banana) with this ****. You might be able to do it with suit pieces, but I'm not cool enough.

Foxtrot forward, X/Y+A+down, tilt opposite direction, pick up, repeat.

You can also forgo the tilt (RAR) and simply pick it up again if your fingers are fast enough, but I don't see this as being quite as useful since you can't do this backward. You could foxtrot back and forth, I guess, but that doesn't seem as useful.

The space between the jump and A must be very very small.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I'm just trying to see how this is better than traditional GT though.

It isn't necessarily better, just different. It's also awesome for other characters, it seems. It gives link a very short lagless glide toss and adds mindgame potential for ZSS. Sometimes you might not want to go the full distance. Plus you can pick up the item right after throwing it down.

LiquidSolid

Smash Rookie
all the boards have threads fro this now. Unless this is this is different from the jct then this has been known for a LONG time o the link and tl boards as a use for their bombs

noradseven

Smash Lord
all the boards have threads fro this now. Unless this is this is different from the jct then this has been known for a LONG time o the link and tl boards as a use for their bombs
Right after I read this that is, primary what I have thought for a good use.

Its not surprising though its a fairly common glitch, I didn't think to try it with items while running though.

sasook

Smash Champion
I don't quite understand what it is, as I can't view the video atm. From the description on how to perform it, it just sounds like jump cancel throwing. Could you give me some more details?

noradseven

Smash Lord
I don't quite understand what it is, as I can't view the video atm. From the description on how to perform it, it just sounds like jump cancel throwing. Could you give me some more details?
Thats exactly what it is, I never heard of it being in brawl, before, but apparently the link forums knew, and granted this is mostly useful for link players, and not so much anyone else.

sasook

Smash Champion
Wait, it's just jump cancel throwing? Even we've known that here on the ZSS boards, it's in Adapt's suitpiece thread.

And lol, Link boards know all these secret techniques >.> <.<

No but really, the Link boards knew about boost tossing about 2 months before any of the other boards did. Thats why they have their own name for it (bombsliding) as opposed to just calling it boost tossing.

sasook

Smash Champion
So basically, it's a glide toss where u can instantly reverse afterwards?
More like a fancier version or expansion of jump canceled throwing. You JCT it down (simple enough) and any time you JC, you can pivot your character. SFP basically combined these 2 concepts to make a fancier, more elaborate form of JCTs.

I'm surprised the Fox boards are learning about this now, this stuff is old. The ZSS, Link, TL, Diddy, and any other character board with a throwable item knew about this 6 months ago.

noradseven

Smash Lord
More like a fancier version or expansion of jump canceled throwing. You JCT it down (simple enough) and any time you JC, you can pivot your character. SFP basically combined these 2 concepts to make a fancier, more elaborate form of JCTs.

I'm surprised the Fox boards are learning about this now, this stuff is old. The ZSS, Link, TL, Diddy, and any other character board with a throwable item knew about this 6 months ago.
I'm surprised because this is like the only AT, our group of friends didn't figure out, I just kinda got in on the online community like 2-3 months ago or something.

sasook

Smash Champion
ARMOR PIECES

Jump-Canceled Throw
Glide tossing is only one component to the tricks you can play with your armor. This is a nice alternative that has some different advantages
From FadedImage:
Jump Canceled Item Throws:

JC throws can be extremely useful to Zero Suit Samus and her suitpiece game. It allows ZSS to perform a standing item throw during her dash animation (and subsequently canceling the dash).

To perform a Jump Canceled Item Throw: during your dash animation press a jump button and a throw button at nearly the same time (most commonly X/Y + Z) while holding the direction you wish to throw the piece (alternatively, you may use the C-stick instead of throw + direction). Normally, ZSS would just throw the piece forward in a manner that leaves her in lag for a significant amount of time. However, by jumping and throwing at the same time, ZSS will perform her item throw as if she were standing neutral (much like Jump Canceled Grabs in Melee). In this way, you can open up many options while dashing with a suitpiece. Instead of just throwing forward in a laggy manner, you can now throw in any direction (up, down, left or right) and have just as much lag as when throwing standing (basically none).
Faded's quote was from December, nearly 6 months ago. That's all I was saying.

Top Bottom