• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox at Apex 2015

Omega_Knight

Smash Cadet
Were there any Foxes who did well at apex? I do not remember seeing any on the stream although I did miss a few hours. I know NAKAT and Larry were using Fox but I cannot seem to find any of their matches.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Were there any Foxes who did well at apex? I do not remember seeing any on the stream although I did miss a few hours. I know NAKAT and Larry were using Fox but I cannot seem to find any of their matches.
Larry did quite well, IMO, even if he didn't make it to brackets. If you skip ahead to about the 1 hour 38 minute mark on the most recent 7 hour long vod on teamsp00ky's twitch you can see him play. If you can't find it then I'll link it when I get home and can get on my computer.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Nakat did really well and made it into bracket but lost to 6WX, Sonic - Fox MU is really hard right now, really haven't been any break throughs with that.

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Nakat did really well and made it into bracket but lost to 6WX, Sonic - Fox MU is really hard right now, really haven't been any break throughs with that.
Fox is pretty much more of a secondary to him though. For some reason he considers his Fox a Diddy slayer. But yeah the Sonic v Fox is a horrible MU.

M@v

Subarashii!
Fox sonic is even imo. But its a pain in the ass to play; if either side screws up at all they get punished hard. Also I was apex but wound up going all mario in tournament :3. Played a lot of Fox in friendlies over the weekend, including dittos with larry.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Fox sonic is even imo. But its a pain in the *** to play; if either side screws up at all they get punished hard. Also I was apex but wound up going all mario in tournament :3. Played a lot of Fox in friendlies over the weekend, including dittos with larry.
Well, Sonic has better air game though, his Bair has a larger range than Fox's for sure, so yeah it's all about if you can stop him Side-B'ing, well most sonics will get caught in the jab.

Oh god Friendlies with Larry! I would have loved that

M@v

Subarashii!
We were like 3 rooms away from each other. Each of our rooms hosted smashfests during the weekend lol.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Nah it isn't. That was a bad performance. Fox vs Sonic is 55:45 Fox imo.

6wx and I are 3-2 in my favor. Apex I was a...how you say....buster.
Yeah, no one can blame anyone for not preforming their best considering how the turn Apex took, still you still consider the MU in Fox's favour? Dang, just shows I got more cut out for me.

I wanna see you wreck Zero with Fox NAKAT, just to show him that he shouldn't have sold out to Diddy.
Man I love how everyone gives people flak for playing Diddy, didn't see that much hate on MK in Brawl.
Seriously though, you can expect ZeRo to switch characters as soon as people learn to counter Diddy, cause that's the kind of player he is <3

Gunslinger

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, no one can blame anyone for not preforming their best considering how the turn Apex took, still you still consider the MU in Fox's favour? Dang, just shows I got more cut out for me.

Man I love how everyone gives people flak for playing Diddy, didn't see that much hate on MK in Brawl.
Seriously though, you can expect ZeRo to switch characters as soon as people learn to counter Diddy, cause that's the kind of player he is <3
Diddy is overrated, one good combo/kill setup and people scream that he's broken. I just don't like Zero's mentality of switching to whoever the "best" character is. But he won Apex so what can you really say?

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
Fox Sonic is 50:50 to me. Tbh, If I was giving anyone an edge I'd give it to sonic, and its only because he has more better stages than fox does imo. Any stage that has small blaster zones on the sides is great for him because of back throw. Real easy kills. Other then that, both characters can punish the other hard for mistakes. I personally like battlefield and FD for the matchup, battlefield being my goto if I have the choice. I ban smashville and castle siege against sonic most of the time. Delfino is another option to ban, but fox gets hilariously early kill gimmicks off the top of the transitions, while sonic gets the back throw gimmicks on the walk offs. So if Sonic takes you there, he's giving you an early kill option too in exchange for his. Not to mention he really can't kill early with backthrow on the island parts.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I myself played Fox and was on stream vs a Falcon/Ness. But that tournament was a fraud. I made it out of my pool because Tearbear and Phuzix got dq'd (1st and 2nd seed), so I dunno. I'll take it.

M@v can confirm how fradulent the seeding was at that tourney. I played your Fox / Mario / Lucy / Doc in friendlies, I had fun.

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Diddy is overrated, one good combo/kill setup and people scream that he's broken. I just don't like Zero's mentality of switching to whoever the "best" character is. But he won Apex so what can you really say?
I get what you are saying, but there are some differing schools of thought.

I am far more of a "pick a char that is both good and does what you want to do" and then practice the hell out of it.

However picking the OP or the meta king / FOTM works for people (especially if they can get to a solid level quickly and absorb knowledge passively from playing against it etc..)

For someone like zero he has to do what he seems best for him to win an event, his goal is to win these top end events and picking somwething because it might be frowned upon can't be a consideration when it comes to his success.

For someone like me, a random, where in reality picking an OP does me no favours ... 100℅ agree

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
I think that if you are like Zero (or Anti lol) and you can play at a pretty high level with any character, then switching to practising whatever character is currently the "best" is fine. You have a main because that is the character that fits you best. If you can change your game to make the "most OP" character the one that fits you best, regardless of who that character is, you can go right ahead.
I still respect Anti more, because he actually uses half the roster in tournaments xD.

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
What were the DQ's for?
"Not showing up for your match in time" If you had signed up for multiple games, and heck even if you weren't, finding your "designated station" to duke it out with could be a hassle too.

There's a quote about how Dabuzz almost got DQ'd from Sm4sh, as the Staff member calling out for him, maybe 2 meters away, had the softest call out, so Dabuzz had no chance of hearing it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom