• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox and Falco's OTHER Up B Edgehog...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I don't play Fox and I'm a novice Falco so please forgive me if this is old news. I found this while messing around in practice. I was trying to multishine with Fox on FD and I accidentally Firefox'd, so I steered myself horizontally. He just barely went off the edge but instead of dying, he hung onto the edge.

So basically, with Fox or Falco, you Up B horizontally (preferably from the ground) so you go a little further than the edge of the stage, and you'll hang onto it. Now of course this is a risky trick, but many stages have landmarks or slopes where you can stand and you'll pull it off guaranteed. I'm not saying it's useful or anything, just something fun and flashy.

If anyone wants me to, I'll update later with details on how to do this on most stages. But I just want to know what people think of this. I know for a fact that this can be done over the slopes of Corneria. Just stand somewhere behind the peak of the slope and Up B sideways. You'll automatically grab the edge. I don't remember the other ones by heart yet.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Supercussion has examples of this in his Fox Tricks vid.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Yeah I did this a few weeks ago and I tried to see if it could be a possible technique but it doesn't seem worth memorizing where you have to do it from for it to work.

blueVlaD

Smash Cadet
sounds really risky, when you can just run over/ WD to the edge
but it would be pretty cool to master it and edgehog people with this haha

it would be almost like a 'taunt win'

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
r u talking about the infinite firefox? if so yes that has already been discovered and is used all the time. (Bombsoldier, PC, yadda yadda)

No thats a discovered tactic that i'm pretty sure he would know about..

He's saying if you use firefox from the stage, and on the ending animation if you go slightly off the stage with it, you will grab the edge immediately, its like fortress canceling with bowser.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
This has been seen before, I've encountered it many times screwing around...as long as you don't kill yourself doing it, be my guest in performing it. With so many Fox/Falco players, I doubt you'd find a major thing out now, but it's a good try. It is one of those simple things, though, you don't do much to get it to happen so somewhere along the line someone has to ruin the fun by discovering it before you.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Good to point out, most people already know about it. If the Vegas vids from MLG ever get released you'll see Mew2King use this property of the firefox to survive and recover from underneith DL64. Most people forget that **** grabbing isn't really dependant on the direction it shoots.

Top Bottom