• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Yes, because one player is the solution to a character.

BBQTV

Smash Master
Lmfao @ antibans. Anyone who thinks that with mk the game is better is just: a.ignorant b. dont go to tourneys c.blind d. scrubs e. all of the above
do you want MK bannd even though you use him and he's your avatar. ps i dont want to argue just wondering

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
LOL he uses Toon Link

And hes a ranked player in PR

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Lol at all the randoms saying they'll pick up MK to spite the ban.

Like you guys are going to place anyways.

The top MKs still have put a ****load of time into their character.

'V'

Smash Lord
LOL he uses Toon Link

And hes a ranked player in PR
And..?

It's Brawl.. I'm sure (in theory) he could just pick up Meta Knight and be able to dominate in PR, but realistically that's gonna take a while for him to adjust to. You can't pick up a character in that short amount of time and auto-win.

At least in Melee, you couldn't make any assumptions like that with Fox or Marth. You'd get absolutely slaughtered.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
a lot of baseless argument in here haha. stuff the sbr neither looks at nor cares about

stuff like

'mk shouldnt be banned cuz ur dumb get out'

LOL. i'd like to see what the final verdict is. cuz the current results only count as a couple votes right? lol

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Well assuming his MK is crappy when he's overall a very good player is stupid.
You don't know. ^_^

.Marik

is a social misfit
I just want to clarify things.

Even though Ally said "F*CK YOU METAKNIGHT BANNERS!!!" when he beat Mew2King, I actually talked to him up close and IRL at a Pownz Tournament.

Guess what he told me? The only reason why Ally said that was because he had nothing else to say and wanted to make the overall community stop beefing. He beat MetaKnight, so it can be done, basically.

Doesn't mean he felt that way, which he also told me.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
That was one of the dumbest and most irrelevant statements I've ever heard in my life.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Umm what about the fact that

idk

his MK doesn't suck?

There is a more likely chance that his MK is good then it isn't based on the given information.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sure (in theory) he could just pick up Meta Knight and be able to dominate in PR, but realistically that's gonna take a while for him to adjust to. You can't pick up a character in that short amount of time and auto-win.
It took me 2 days. :)

BBQTV

Smash Master
a lot of baseless argument in here haha. stuff the sbr neither looks at nor cares about

stuff like

LOL. i'd like to see what the final verdict is. cuz the current results only count as a couple votes right? lol
everything that could be said has this is why people are here

This thread is like a addicting drug...

Its full of stupid... but people keep coming back to it...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I thought that was the Jagged Ban's point of view: dumb MK scrubs get banned cuz only MK mains can handle MK.

Stop using Ally as an example of an MK counter. Can you guys mention 3-4 other players besides Ally that can regularly place in the same tourney as M2K?

And you're all being blind fools. MK is definitely beatable, but he's the best choice for every scenario! Why shouldn't people pick him up, spend like 5-6 months getting used to MK, then going to tourneys with him? I assure you, that's EXACTLY what will happen in PR, yesterday me and a bunch of players (ranked players, mind you) were talking about picking up MK 'for the lulz' if he doesn't get banned. Would that be a healthy community, all the best players switching to MK? It only takes 6 months or less to transfer your skill and knowledge from one character to another. Before next summer hits, we'll see a pretty big influx of MKs.

IMO, the only reason there aren't many MKs right now is because he's being considered for a ban. If the ban isn't passed, what's stopping people from using him? It won't be time wasted, since he's there to stay. We'll all be gimping, perfect-recovery, long-lasting, unbalanced characters that just destroy what makes this game and it's characters unique: gimping and recovery.

'V'

Smash Lord
Well.. All I can say is I hope you have fun going up against even better players and knowing it's harder to use Meta Knight than what's said on paper.

I honestly don't even know what a "good" Brawl player looks like. It just looks average from what I've seen.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I thought that was the Jagged Ban's point of view: dumb MK scrubs get banned cuz only MK mains can handle MK.

Stop using Ally as an example of an MK counter. Can you guys mention 3-4 other players besides Ally that can regularly place in the same tourney as M2K?

And you're all being blind fools. MK is definitely beatable, but he's the best choice for every scenario! Why shouldn't people pick him up, spend like 5-6 months getting used to MK, then going to tourneys with him? I assure you, that's EXACTLY what will happen in PR, yesterday me and a bunch of players (ranked players, mind you) were talking about picking up MK 'for the lulz' if he doesn't get banned. Would that be a healthy community, all the best players switching to MK? It only takes 6 months or less to transfer your character knowledge from one character to another. Before next summer hits, we'll see a pretty big influx of MKs.

IMO, the only reason there aren't many MKs right now is because he's being considered for a ban. If the ban isn't passed, what's stopping people from using him? It won't be time wasted, since he's there to stay. We'll all be gimping, perfect-recovery, long-lasting, unbalanced characters that just destroy what makes this game and it's characters unique: gimping and recovery.
Excellent post. And we don't want that to happen.

Ban MetaKnight.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the only thing i will see is the a new influx of mk's hitting snake's shield grenades with their aerials and getting blizzarded and uaired by ic's cuz if improper dair camping.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
the only thing i will see is the a new influx of mk's hitting snake's shield grenades with their aerials and getting blizzarded and uaired by ic's cuz if improper dair camping.
And mistakes are fixed. You'll see that influx, and later you'll see an influx of MK's who DON'T improperly space dairs and DON'T hit Snake's shields and grenades. The human mind is capable of adapting and advancing.

And Masmasher@, whenever I read your posts, a gut-wrenching disgusting feeling takes over me. Who the hell are you to proclaim "people suck" even if they're power rankers? I can bet as many possessions in the universe that you're worse, if not a scrub, than TLMSheikant... And he's one of the people who won the "MK Save Me!" awards in our "Wall of Shame" for using MK in a tourney and placing... And it's not that we don't know how to play against MK, it's that he knows how to play AS MK. So stop being a close-minded idiot.

There's even evidence that says he's power-ranked. Stop being an *** and assuming.

'V'

Smash Lord
All I can say is it took the Smash series as a whole how many years before they finally decided to even consider banning characters?

Too late now...

This is why I hate Smash.

Mush head

Smash Cadet
Mush head chose pro-ban.
MK was made to be the best. "Victory is my destiny" "Pro ban has much yet to learn" "pro ban needs to stop asking for these polls and come back when they can put up a fight"
For God's sake, stop speaking in quotes. I didn't vote yet, I'm just trying to go through the arguements again, so no mistakes are made. Once again, speak in normal terms, not quotes.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Kewkky dont understimate the Snake and IC mains! Are u saying they can't adapt as well? Are u saying they don't have a chance against adapting MK's because their characters are too inferior to adapt and keep up?

tell that to meep...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewkky dont understimate the Snake and IC mains! Are u saying they can't adapt as well? Are u saying they don't have a chance against adapting MK's because their characters are too inferior to adapt and keep up?

tell that to meep...
Just how anti-ban is using Ally as a counter-example to the "pro-ban community", I'm guessing you're gonna use Lain and meep as counters to the whole "MK community" part of my reply.

How many times has Lain or meep beaten M2K? Considering the fact that MK's player-base will be bigger than IC's or Snake's (and it already is, too), seeing more pro MK's appearing is no surprise. Lain and meep will have to deal with the whole MK community afterwards, as well as the new pro's that are BOUND to appear.

Thanks for clarifying.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ok ppl

why is referencing to one player bad?

obviously that player knows how to win the matchup. and that person in the character boards TELLS PEOPLE how to do it. meep believes ic's are the best character in the game and devises really ingenious strategies to beat snake mk wario gw or anything. its player ingenuity and talent and creativity using a diff character rather than following the known strategies.

or has mk come too far for that to be possible with other chars?

sigh, i dont think he has yet

and kewkky lol u just did it with m2k

'V'

Smash Lord
Just how anti-ban is using Ally as a counter-example to the "pro-ban community", I'm guessing you're gonna use Lain and meep as counters to the whole "MK community" part of my reply.

How many times has Lain or meep beaten M2K? Thanks for clarifying.
I don't think using M2K should work for the pro-ban side just as much as using Ally or anyone else doesn't work for anti-ban.

We could just easily say that Ally wins pretty solidly against Tyrant.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I used M2K in order to mock you guys's way of using Ally as a prime example.

No other snake player is as good as Ally, so even if Ally contributes to the Snake community, he'll STILL be the only one beating MKs. Other people might apply what they learn, but they won't be able to react as fast as Ally does, and lose the matches against top MKs because it's just too fast-paced: something only Ally has proven to excel at.

I think of Kirby as top-tier material, but you don't see ME running around saying that "my character's horrible range is reason why he is the best in the game". MK vs ICs is even (last time I checked), and MK is easier to use and can afford making mistakes AND has a perfect recovery and gimping game and all that whatnot that I keep repeating. IC's don't share the same traits, just chaingrabs, plus once there's only 1 IC, you're as good as dead against a top player... MK doesn't share a weakness as strong as IC's.

As a matter of fact, MK doesn't have a weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom