• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

found a larry glitch

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
the glitch involved me playing as villager, going against a level 9 larry (bowser jr.) on smashville.

everything was going good, i was messing around, then he started teleporting. Yep. Teleporting.

here's a video i took of the replay of it (sorry for bad recording job) :
It starts at 2:30 for those not wanting to watch the whole thing.

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Ah, yes. Just what I wanted. For my thread to be put in a tiny little subforum where most likely only Bowser Jr. mains will go.

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
This has already been exhumed. It's more of a nuisance than a boon for Koopaling players. Furthermore, this subforum is a ghost town as a result of Bowser Jr. being rather undervalued and easy to handle by most of the cast without customs.

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
This has already been exhumed. It's more of a nuisance than a boon for Koopaling players. Furthermore, this subforum is a ghost town as a result of Bowser Jr. being rather undervalued and easy to handle by most of the cast without customs.
So.....what is it?

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
It's a bug that transpires when a Koopaling is stage spiked and recovers its clown car immediately prior to death.

Tylerflipz

Smash Rookie
I figured maybe it was possibly Bowser Jr's roll sense he is constantly off the ground...

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

Took time to explore why it exactly happens and how to fix it if it does happen to you unintentionally

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Did this get patched? I can't get it working at all.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Huh, alright. Guess I need to get better timing.

I'm actually considering using this crazy **** competitively - if I can pull it off consistently at high percents, I can use it when I'm about to lose a stock anyway and mindgame like crazy. Looks like the sspec and aerial game are mostly intact, so it shouldn't be too hard for me to adapt.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
I just messed around with it, and there is a possible new play style to use with this. The glitch changes how a lot of moves function, and I think I found a good way to use it. As the person above me said, it's really good for evading at high percentage, and just generally messing with the other person. Follow ups are pretty easy with it, but it limits what you can do without flying off the stage.

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
You guys do know that Apex specifically banned this glitch, calling for a game-reset if it occurs, right? I'm pretty sure if you try this on-purpose, you'll get DQ-ed for stalling or something like it.

From Apex 2015's rulebook at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74563582/Apex/Apex2015_Rulebook.pdf, under Smash Wii U additional rules:

● Bowser Jr’s Clown Car Glitch: If the Bowser Jr.’s Clown Car Glitch
happens, players are to pause the match and call a TO or a referee over
to confirm the glitch has happened. Once confirmed, players will reset the
match to the same stocks and get as close to the percents as they had
when the Glitch took place. (The Bowser Jr. Clown Car Glitch happens
when the car respawns after using Up B right before the player loses their
stock. The character starts to teleport around, also hit boxes and
animations for Bowser Jr. change.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom