• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward throw to Bouncing fish video

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Ok, let me get this out the way first: I sincerely apologise for how long this video took. I kinda made promises that I would improve the speed that I edited stuff at, and I generally didn't want to upload too infrequently. I guess I have johns because my computer absolutely, straight-up died (pretty much the reason for my general absence from the boards as well), but excuses don't make videos :p. But yea, hope to have all the problems fixed by now and to upload and lurk around here more frequently.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nyKp09PT04

Now, there were some differences between the percents I got and the percents in Tristan's table. I was following that table to a T, but sometimes Bouncing fish would hit even when it's stated that it can't (Moles and I tested this multiple times to make sure it wasn't just a flub), so I apologise for any discrepancies.

But hey, much improved video quality, plus some software upgrades on my part. Hope it's up to standard.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
As always, great video! Keep it up!

Anyways, for the %, you might actually be right. Even tho we actually trible checked everything, we not only did it on wifi intercontinental (Japan Europe and America...), but also got some strange results. Sometimes we had stuff that worked with a 50-50% chance, and (Tristan don't kill me, this DID happen) we even noticed that an Fthrow did different knockback depending on what side you were facing. So your numbers might actually be more legit then ours. So... whos gonna fly over tho whom to check that again, this time local? :/

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Thank you _tree for the peer review and fantastic video. I take a lot of pride in these threads so of course I am sad that you are finding things aren't exactly perfect but I will look into this matter.

Comparing your numbers to ours.

Boswer 0-65% vs 55%
Rosalina 0-40% vs 30%
Boswer Jr 0-3% vs 4%
Wario 0-35% vs 30%
Game and watch 0-20% vs 21%
Toon link 0-25% vs 20%
Zero suit Samus 0-63% vs 55%
Ike None vs 5%
Dedede 69% vs 60%
Meta knight None vs 5%
Falco 5% vs 4%
Pikachu None vs 5%
Charizard 0-40% vs 30%
Lucario 0-60% vs 50% (inward)
Greeninja 0-40% vs 30%
Duck hunt dog None vs 5%
ROB 0-20% vs 30%
ROB 0-35% vs 20%
Dr Mario -Not tested- vs 0- 25% 0-5% (so 5% more for away then normal mario)
Shulk 0-45% vs 35%
Pac Man 0-40% vs 33%
Mega man None vs 5%

As always, great video! Keep it up!

Anyways, for the %, you might actually be right. Even tho we actually trible checked everything, we not only did it on wifi intercontinental (Japan Europe and America...), but also got some strange results. Sometimes we had stuff that worked with a 50-50% chance, and (Tristan don't kill me, this DID happen) we even noticed that an Fthrow did different knockback depending on what side you were facing. So your numbers might actually be more legit then ours. So... whos gonna fly over tho whom to check that again, this time local? :/
Oh don't worry Wasserwipf, I'll be near you shorty, we will be very close -sharpens knives- very close indeed.

Anyways we never confirm anything had a 50-50 chance, please don't say such things, it was very clear that Mario would not get hit if thrown at a certain percentage right then when compared to left. Which made me increase Mario percentage by 1% to make up for this inconstantly with the throw. What your suggesting is also very scary.

Your saying their a mechanical difference from playing the game offline then online, I shutter to think if that's true. I would be more willing to accept that the wiiU and 3ds are not exact clone of each other and small tweaks between the two version of the game exist before I would accept wifi changing the game. Or that Mario hurt boxes are not equal on both sides of his body. Because of this I would like it if we could retest some of these characters again on the wiiU to quadruple check the numbers. Especially for characters who previous could escape this by DI up and toward sheik and no longer can, that would be the best place to start.

Last edited:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
I'm not sure how much more legit my numbers are. They're still rounded to a factor of 5, so exact percents aren't really there. Basically what my friend and I did was if the combo didn't work at the listed percent, we reduced the percent by 5, so it prompted bowser to have his percent reduced by 10, as it wouldn't work at 60% either.

MetaBhreat

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't worry about the percents not being exact. Simply having a basic idea for each MU is priceless data. Excellent work.

Top Bottom