• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Forum Games Rules & Social Thread [Extra hugs, donuts and mods inside!!]

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Bob-omb thread is the one I've spent a lot of my time in, especially before I was promoted.

It was easy back then - The only mods to regularly stop us were Gatlin and Xiroey.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The Bob-omb thread is the one I've spent a lot of my time in, especially before I was promoted.

It was easy back then - The only mods to regularly stop us were Gatlin and Xiroey.
And now look where we are!
That time it's changes. For better or for worse...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, we didn't have as many active bob-omb counting users back then, as we have now.

IIRC, Frostwraith, Metalbro, and I were really active.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still, it's funny with how it is now compared to before.
One could say it's "ironic".

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I remember when I was impatiently waiting for someone to post the next bob-omb so I can post right after it. Man times have changed for sure.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow, when DID you reach that many bob-ombs? O_o

Must. Visit. More. Frequently.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It kind of sucks too.
We were 122 posts away from breaking it.
I also had a gif planned. Mehwell
I'll break that record one of these days
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday...
I'm hopeful.

Wow, when DID you reach that many bob-ombs? O_o

Must. Visit. More. Frequently.
We post a bunch. You'd be surprised what we're capable of.
But, you know this already.

Also:
If you read the manga/watch the anime, you would know that Rin (the series' protagonist and the guy in my avatar) isn't evil. lol
I understand that.
Doesn't mean you can't be frightened by the son of Satan, regardless of moral values.
It's like seeing Death. Let's face it, you aren't going to think "Thank Heavens!" first...

Satan is evil, though (and also very psychotic). Rin wants to kick his *** for killing his foster father, Shiro Fujimoto, who's a priest and exorcist and pretty much one of the most badass characters in the entire series, which is saying something considering it's a shounen manga where pretty much every major character is badass in some way.
So, in other words, "Hello, my name is Rin Okumura. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
I guess there could be something interesting with demons (And apparently demon puppets. I don't even.) and all.
Not exactly my forte, but to each their own.

And it only took me ten hours to reply!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday...
I'm hopeful.
me too mate,
that's why i'm posting as much as I can in there, it'll eventually happen, nothing in the world can stop that,
(hopefully I can finish those gifs before we get it though, I really want to post those at the exact moment it gets surpassed)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I understand that.
Doesn't mean you can't be frightened by the son of Satan, regardless of moral values.
It's like seeing Death. Let's face it, you aren't going to think "Thank Heavens!" first...
Actually, that is a major plot point in the series. lol

So, in other words, "Hello, my name is Rin Okumura. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
I guess there could be something interesting with demons (And apparently demon puppets. I don't even.) and all.
Not exactly my forte, but to each their own.
If you think the story of Blue Exorcist is just about Rin getting revenge on Satan, you're dead wrong.

And demon puppets? What? Are you even talking about Blue Exorcist at all? Because there aren't any "demon puppets" in the series at all.

Seriously, where the hell are you reading about the series?

How about, you know, reading the manga instead?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Actually, that is a major plot point in the series. lol
It is? Huh...

If you think the story of Blue Exorcist is just about Rin getting revenge on Satan, you're dead wrong.
I don't.
I'm not as cynical as I come off ya know (I tend to be, but it's not like I'm never open to anything. Heck, there's a couple games I'm been trying to play. And they're flat out awful).
I'm just being sarcastic. That's all...

And demon puppets? What? Are you even talking about Blue Exorcist at all? Because there aren't any "demon puppets" in the series at all.

Seriously, where the hell are you reading about the series?

How about, you know, reading the manga instead?
Well, last time I checked.
There's a character called "Nemu Takara". Who goes around (asleep mind you) with a demonic possessed rabbit puppet.
And to prove I'm not insane, here:

Here's even a video.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't.
I'm not as cynical as I come off ya know (I tend to be, but it's not like I'm never open to anything. Heck, there's a couple games I'm been trying to play. And they're flat out awful).
I'm just being sarcastic. That's all...
Sarcasm is hard to convey through text, you know...

Well, last time I checked.
There's a character called "Nemu Takara". Who goes around (asleep mind you) with a demonic possessed rabbit puppet.
And to prove I'm not insane, here:

Here's even a video.
Forgot about that guy. lol

It's been a while since he has appeared in the manga. Why is there a character that is always forgettable to me in every single series? lol

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sarcasm is hard to convey through text, you know...
Even then, there's a reason why I worded it the way I did. If I was downright serious, then I wouldn't have gotten out of my way to reference that of all things.
But if anything, I'll give you that. I've run into phrases head first without knowing them (Especially with mimgrim's posts.) To help, if I use ":upsidedown:", then it means it's not meant to be taken head-first (I don't know why I forgot it that time. I was probably tired or something.)

Forgot about that guy. lol

It's been a while since he has appeared in the manga. Why is there a character that is always forgettable to me in every single series? lol
Well, it could be with him being a side character. Heck, Wikipedia only has 2-3 sentences on the guy.
That, or he's just not a character that first appears in your head when you think "Blue Exorcist". Everyone has that guy. Especially in cases like Pokemon.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Even then, there's a reason why I worded it the way I did. If I was downright serious, then I wouldn't have gotten out of my way to reference that of all things.
But if anything, I'll give you that. I've run into phrases head first without knowing them (Especially with mimgrim's posts.) To help, if I use ":upsidedown:", then it means it's not meant to be taken head-first (I don't know why I forgot it that time. I was probably tired or something.)

Well, it could be with him being a side character. Heck, Wikipedia only has 2-3 sentences on the guy.
That, or he's just not a character that first appears in your head when you think "Blue Exorcist". Everyone has that guy. Especially in cases like Pokemon.
Fair enough.

Still, I think you should try that manga. And Soul Eater too. These are two of my favorite manga series, alongside Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
i have a phone i can use to post here but it's sometimes a hassle because the browsers are horrible on my phone..
also this is my first post on this thread :p

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
i have a phone i can use to post here but it's sometimes a hassle because the browsers are horrible on my phone..
also this is my first post on this thread :p
wELCOME TO FORUM GAMES SOCIAL THREAD!!!!!!!!!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...Well, how 'bout them mods?
Sure ain't gettin' any better for us. Though, it could be worse.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Or they're secretly testing us to see our limits and then breaking all of us one by one little by little somehow.
...At least, that's what one of my convoluted theories says.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, why else do 1/4 of the mods are here?
It's ingenious I'll give them that. But it was all too predictable...

Last edited:

Gatlin

Any particular favorite video game songs? Most of my favorites are from Zelda, usually the main overworld themes or boss themes.
Zelda has a lot of god tier themes. The nerd side of me actually has a video game music playlist on youtube that is probably at least 35% zelda themes. From Zelda alone, my favorites would probably be Midna's Lament TP, Sacred Grove TP, Forest Temple OoT, Song of Healing MM, Dragon Roost Island WW, and probably plenty others that I'm forgetting. Most would probably be from Twilight Princess though because that is my favorite Zelda.

From any games in general though, I actually compiled a fairly in depth list that I had posted on another forum:

Starfox 64:
-
Starfox Adventures:
-
Ocarina of Time:
-
Majora's Mask:
-
Twilight Princess:
-
Super Mario 64:
-
Banjo Kazooie:
-
Donkey Kong Country:
-
Super Smash Bros Brawl:
-
Super Smash Bros Melee:
-
Maplestory:
-
Mario Kart:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Phendrana Drift from Metroid Prime and Shadow of the Colossus whole soundtrack are my favourites.

My fav Zelda song is the Dark world theme fron alttp.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Any particular favorite video game songs? Most of my favorites are from Zelda, usually the main overworld themes or boss themes.
meh, mine varies, one day I've got an favorite, the next it changes, I just like a bunch of songs.
though most of mine come from Zelda, a few others come from ace attorney, star fox, Kirby, ect.
I don't have a single pick
Zelda has a lot of god tier themes. The nerd side of me actually has a video game music playlist on youtube that is probably at least 35% zelda themes. From Zelda alone, my favorites would probably be Midna's Lament TP, Sacred Grove TP, Forest Temple OoT, Song of Healing MM, Dragon Roost Island WW, and probably plenty others that I'm forgetting. Most would probably be from Twilight Princess though because that is my favorite Zelda.

From any games in general though, I actually compiled a fairly in depth list that I had posted on another forum:

Starfox 64:
-
Starfox Adventures:
-
Ocarina of Time:
-
Majora's Mask:
-
Twilight Princess:
-
Super Mario 64:
-
Banjo Kazooie:
-
Donkey Kong Country:
-
Super Smash Bros Brawl:
-
Super Smash Bros Melee:
-
Maplestory:
-
Mario Kart:
you my friend are awesome, its an good list mate,
though I am surprise about one thing, you forgot this is little bugger from twilight princess

easily my favorite from the game

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Starfox 64:
-
Starfox Adventures:
-
Ocarina of Time:
-
Majora's Mask:
-
Twilight Princess:
-
Super Mario 64:
-
Banjo Kazooie:
-
Donkey Kong Country:
-
Super Smash Bros Brawl:
-
Super Smash Bros Melee:
-
Maplestory:
-
Mario Kart:
I like your taste. For myself I have a lot of favorites that it would be hard to even list a few.

Dragon Roost Island, Blizzeta's theme, and Midna's lament have all been longtime favorites of mine. Although I like the normal Twilight theme, I personally prefer the theme that plays in the exterior of the Twilight Palace. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSaH6pjl1oQ) Another one of my favorites from the Zelda series is Spirit Track's overworld theme. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_bFLwB0WY)

The various final battle themes, particularly Ganondorf's battle themes, I have a very hard time deciding on....they're all good in their owns way, in my opinion.

I can't leave out the Super Mario Galaxy games when it comes to VGM. Again, so many tough choices for me, but among others I'd like to list Melty Monster Galaxy's theme (great galaxy with potential, it's a shame two of the three main missions were used on things that didn't involve the element of fire in any way) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UYXABAC06s

There's also this beautiful piece from Space Junk Galaxy in the first game. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuYNxzSFRk8)

Perhaps my favorite song from the Super Mario Galaxy games is 2's Final Battle theme (as lame as the battle itself is, the theme is pure musical genius) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc86s0rjLww

Also, a quick question: How do you put links within sentences like that? I haven't been able to figure it out myself.

Last edited:

Gatlin

though I am surprise about one thing, you forgot this is little bugger from twilight princess

easily my favorite from the game
Haha I said I might be missing some! That is a good one though for sure.

I like your taste. For myself I have a lot of favorites that it would be hard to even list a few.

Dragon Roost Island, Blizzeta's theme, and Midna's lament have all been longtime favorites of mine. Although I like the normal Twilight theme, I personally prefer the theme that plays in the exterior of the Twilight Palace. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSaH6pjl1oQ) Another one of my favorites from the Zelda series is Spirit Track's overworld theme. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_bFLwB0WY)

The various final battle themes, particularly Ganondorf's battle themes, I have a very hard time deciding on....they're all good in their owns way, in my opinion.

I can't leave out the Super Mario Galaxy games when it comes to VGM. Again, so many tough choices for me, but among others I'd like to list Melty Monster Galaxy's theme (great galaxy with potential, it's a shame two of the three main missions were used on things that didn't involve the element of fire in any way) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UYXABAC06s

There's also this beautiful piece from Space Junk Galaxy in the first game. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuYNxzSFRk8)

Perhaps my favorite song from the Super Mario Galaxy games is 2's Final Battle theme (as lame as the battle itself is, the theme is pure musical genius) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc86s0rjLww

Also, a quick question: How do you put links within sentences like that? I haven't been able to figure it out myself.
Even though it's pretty interesting sounding, I actually really like the Twilight theme as well. And yeah, I think Nintendo in general does an exceptional job with it's boss battle themes haha.

You can customize the look of your links by typing it such as:
[url=link]blah blah blah[/url]

and it will appear simply as "blah blah blah" :p

Top Bottom