• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FORTE! Results & Shoutouts Thread (Austin, TX)

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Aww **** yeah! it's time fo dem shoutous, yo. goodness, 86 entrants..... ok here it goes. *ahem*

Berto: DUDE!!! don't worry I got you next time tho. I have a theory about dat rob. GGs
Abstract Logic: we didn't get to play too much...next time man.
Dunk: you're marth is fun to watch. I wann play you now.
S. Gent: dude, we got this thing. next tourney, we in there. We'll show 'em why Ness/Fox is a force not to mess with. I also have to thank you for playing friendlies against people. you legit showed me their game plan to the dot super accurately.
Mew2King: Congrats! I didn't get to play friendlies cause seemingly random teams match out of nowhere. even though I couldn't stand to watch Grand Finals, GGs anyhow.
Tirno: I want to play your falco sooo bad.
Sung475: Dat sheik. Quick question: why were you on the dallas crew?
DoH: You're cool. I think you're cool. "just hold down." hehe, cool
Baka4moe: is there any reason we were going even game 1 of pools? I feel that I would've beaten you if I hadn't SD. GGs tho.
Mojado: thanks for helping me learn the game, thanks for forcing me to learn mindgames, thanks for teaching me how to DI properly. GGs
MT: Yet another time that I play you and have a balz ton of fun. MOAR!!!
JF: My new goal in life is to beat you in falco dittos. by the way: I'll have your ice cream ready next time you come to San Antonio.
Godspeen You Black Emperor: I'm assuming this is SOS, because knowing your jokestyle only you can pull this off. Speaking of your syle of jokes, is there any reason why 3 of us being deprived of sleep is fun? Cause I had fun! I'm inching closer to your level everyday.
Oracle: thanks for hosting P:M singles and (somehow) doubles. cool beans.
Admiral: yes, I counterpicked you. Because screw falco against ICs. If I'm more patient, then I will do better next time. GGs
Nike: thanks for the carpool, The ride didn't seem anymore than 20 mins for me. hopefully It wasn't bad for you. Thanks for the post-forte fox dittos as well. we should do that more often.
Skeith: Good **** reppin SA in that #fraudulent crew battle! I was fully confident and I was right.
Smiles: SA MISSES YOU!!!
RedShadow: dat gentlemanly SD during friendless. GGs
King: look at you, kev. All grown up. *sniff* I'm proud to have given you some falco matchup EXP. honestly it was more SOS than me but w/e
Caveman: y u fofeit?????
King Mosquito: hoping you're feelin better.
PK-Thunder: LOL, you little nightmare, you. I'm gonna tap into that hidden nightmare-ish power that I have somewhere. as soon as I find it, you guys had better watch out!
Rob$: I don't realy blame you for the crew battle, I mostly blame dallas. we should play more often.
Pawl: SCARY, SCARY GANON CANNON LIKE NOTHING ELSE!!!! GGs.
Zhea: I will, I promise.
2-Bit: fun talking to you. fun commentating crews with you. I'm in dat crew battle next time to expose everybody. GGs.
G-Rabbit: I don't wanna seem like a rude SoB, but that fox I gave you was kinda still half rusty. the only reasons I got the KOs that I did was because I was 1) watching Mojo's fox vs DoH and 2) being rather read heavy. I'm gonna polish it up even more til it's so shiny that nobody can even see it. Thanks for helping get to where I am. I have you and the entire College station crew to thank for that.
Lil' B: I remember PK-Thunder vs Lil B in P:M. I remember that there was a match, but I don't remember what you look like. GGs anyway.

GGs to anyone I missed, especially that falco player from my pool. I don't know your tag, but I'd love to see your falco kicking more *** next time. GGs

Edit: AustinRC vs PK-Thunder ice cream match! get hype!! (cause I'm not gonna get 4 stocked)

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
words cant express how angry i was at some of the things they said. also 100% supporting the ban.

MT_

Smash Ace
Updated my first reply with my shoutouts...

To anyone reading this thread: what were your opinions on Forte being a two-day tournament? Was it inconvenient? Did it make it difficult to schedule time to attend? Was the parking too hasslesome? Would you rather have paid a $5-10 venue fee if you didn't have to park so far? How was the venue in general? Was the way we handled setups that you brought agreeable? Looking for general feedback on the tournament so that if/when I host a second Forte, it can be even better...

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman

To anyone reading this thread: what were your opinions on Forte being a two-day tournament? Was it inconvenient? Did it make it difficult to schedule time to attend? Was the parking too hasslesome? Would you rather have paid a $5-10 venue fee if you didn't have to park so far? How was the venue in general? Was the way we handled setups that you brought agreeable? Looking for general feedback on the tournament so that if/when I host a second Forte, it can be even better...
I did not participate in the melee event (Only P:M) however I found for both events they seemed to have been run extremely well. I was super happy that we had time for doubles especially after a rough start on day 1 (TV power outages etc) The lack of venue fee was awesome and I feel like it encouraged more people to enter an event they otherwise wouldn't have. Overall I didn't have many complaints other than my own performance johns that weekend.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
First off, let me congratulate you on making the top tournaments of 2013 list on the Melee in 2013: Year in Review.

I really enjoyed the two day layout. It allowed for everything to get done without having to rush everything or go overtime by a large margin. It also allowed for plenty of friendlies to get played out organically, instead of having to force them in. Parking was fine, but I fell like that was largely due to the university being on break parking. If a tournament this size was held during the regular academic semester, I'm sure it would be much more of a hassle. I think the lecture hall was a great venue for so many people. It never felt crowded. My only concern (which the TOs addressed) was that when a lot of people sit down on the desks, the would begin to bend. I wouldn't want the TOs to be held accountable for something like that and get in trouble because of us. Overall though, this was absolutely the best tournament that I've been to. Big shoutouts to the Austin TOs and all their hard work. I think you guys working as a team was a large factor in this tourney's success as opposed to having a solo TO. I look forward to hopefully being able to make your events in the future.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I say it was awesome, and nobody DARES to disagree with PK-T. the only issue I has was oversleeping and not being warmed up, but that's my own performance john. but next time, please specify if the crews are draft crews or not. this way, we'll have a clear standard of who can be on a crew and who can't. (I'm not mad at you dallas, I'm just salty is all.

Edit: dat shoutout. all I have to say is...BRING IT!!!

Last edited:

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com

I really liked the two day format. I liked all the matches being Bo5. Parking wasn't too bad, especially on Sunday where I parked right on Dean Keaton. I'm not super fond of the venue layout - with the tiered seats it kind of puts you in an awkward playing position (do you sit on the desks? What if I like my controller in my lap but not concealed by a desk, etc) - but it wasn't anything terrible. I liked being done at 5 and then getting to play friendlies/MMs with people I didn't get to; often at tournaments they end super late and everyone is tired and wants to go home after GFs. Teams pools could have been cool. Maybe a draft crew battle next time?

All in all, I'm really proud of you guys and am looking forward to my next trip back home.

Oracle

Smash Master
Yeah Luciano and Kalo are not welcome to any events in Dallas either (not that I think they would show up to any of them lol).

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
What happened on the stream?

Also MT, sorry for yelling at you to shut the **** up during that one set. I was really feeling that Beyonce song!

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
What happened on the stream?

Also MT, sorry for yelling at you to shut the **** up during that one set. I was really feeling that Beyonce song!
If you check out the last thirty minutes of the stream, the commentary becomes a fest that bashes on Project M, but with the liberal usage of cuss words and homophobic slurs.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Been busy lately, but finally managed to write up some shoutouts:

MT & Jose - You guys probably deserve more credit than me for making Forte happen. I'm happy to have helped as I could, and I hope team MTirpho can run more great events in the future.
Clay/Noc - Thanks a ton for running the stream. We really appreciate your help.
To Texas and everyone who supported me - thanks for cheering me on and I'm glad I didn't let y'all down.
To those who helped with Forte (including, but not limited to, ARC, Burgerdon, Frisbie, Zhea, and anybody who brought equipment) - thanks a ton! We couldn't have done it without y'all, and I hope if we make a sequel (Fortissimo?) you guys can be there to help us again.

Sung - I was impressed with your play vs M2K, and it seemed like you really wanted the rematch, so sorry about that. I know how it feels to be down about losing, so thanks for being a good sport about it. Our games were fun, though sometimes a little silly, and I look forward to playing you again sometime, though I hope this is the last I hear of you sleeping on me. :bee:
DoH - Though it wasn't easy, I weathered the stitches and powershields and finally took a set from you. Great games, thanks for coming, and I look forward to the rematch.
Baka4moe - You beat meeeeee, though clearly you did it for my own good, so thanks ;). GGs in teams too and thanks for coming.
ARC - Don't beat yourself up too much, you had some impressive play this tourney, and only lost to 1st and 2nd. Sometimes I feel like you might be letting frustration get in the way, but you're still a good player and and improving one at that, so I'm sad that you're not coming to Apex. In any case, keep up the good work and I'm sure we'll be playing again soon.
Mojado - Bracket dodged you like a pro, and good thing too. You're a scary player, and I think if you focused a bit more on solid, safe play, you could become even better. I'm sad we didn't get to play as much as I'd like, though what few games we had were very fun. Hopefully we can get more play in the future.
MT - ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD MTIRNO.

Ahem...sorry for taking you out, man, but at least you got that seeding point, haha. I feel like there's not much to say, you probably already know what I think about stuff, but I'll say it anyways. Good job with the tourney, you deserve a lot of credit. Thanks for suiciding like a scrub in teams, scrub. But for reals, it's all good. Shake it off and let's put MTirno on the map at Apex in singles and in doubles. I know you got it in you.
Owl - We didn't get to play much, though great job in teams. Thanks for coming from LA and hope to see you again soon.
Taylor - Didn't play you...again. Thanks for coming, and hopefully next time we'll actually play.
Jake13 - Good job wrecking JFArc in crews, but you know it don't mean nothin' because there was no money, Baka played, Oscar played twice, we were tired, it wasn't even our controllers, home field disadvantage, the stars were aligned just wrong, etc. :p It was fun having you over and hanging out. Good games in singles, and oh yeah, thanks for defending me/Texas on the stream/commentary.
Obsoleet - What MT said. We'll get you next time, the year of Luigi is at its end!
GlibbyGlobby - Not sure if serious about Samus haha, but GGs (glibbyglobbies?). Also, when are we gonna see more of that amazing commentary?
Gar - Well look who came crawling back to Austin :p. Good to see you again, good job taking out Brose, and see you at Apex.
JF - Needs moar nuances. ;)
Godspeed You Black Emperor - I gave the worst advice about Sung's chaingrabbing, good call, haha.
Oracle - Thanks for running PM, we really appreciate it.
Admiral - Sorry about that bracket! Next time: no Peaches, Fox only, Final Destination.
dashdancedan - Great to meet you. I'm glad we got some games in, and thanks for coming!
Nike - Always good to see our SA brethren active again. Maybe I'll actually come visit y'all for once, haha.
hangyodon - Weird movies, weird names, totally Jose. Good job with the tournament. Come live with MTirno again pls.
GSO - Stop hiding in North Campus and come play us already.
KillaWhale - Hope you enjoyed your stay at casa del MTirno, it was fun having y'all over.
Sizzle - Forget Socal and Japan and Korea, just stay in Austin and play with us 5eva.
Burgerdon - Great name choice ;) Now that your name has been decided upon once and for all, pull an MT and level up hard. I believe.
Frisbie - Thanks for all the help and hype. Texas TOs unite!
Tuesday - Another prodigal son returns. Good to see ya; hopefully we'll play before you leave.
Tobias - We didn't get to play much (at all?). Fun talking to you though. Hopefully I'll see you at a smashfest soon.

To anybody I missed - Sorry, thanks for coming, and I hope you continue to support Texas Melee!

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
If you check out the last thirty minutes of the stream, the commentary becomes a fest that bashes on Project M, but with the liberal usage of cuss words and homophobic slurs.
oh, that's why they got banned? IT WAS FOR A GOOD CAUSE! i fully approve

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
So here I'm late on the shout outs due to being busy... but anyways here all mine

DarkGun- Bro thanks for dragging me out of the continual drag of work and work and school somewhere in the mix... this tourney was awesome!!!... thanks for being the Messenger for us... you really are an awesome teammate...

Bwett- DUDE YOU'RE FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the tips for my game play I am so ready for learning some more fun stuff.

Bec- Thanks for the loaner on the LED bar... just to let ya know i did try the candle trick you told me about on my tv back at my parents and wowed my family and friends.

G-Rabbit- thanks for lugging Bertha and man I can't wait to try against your Kirby... Not to mention your Peach is beastly

Foolish- I'm the one with the MM man... I've been practicing it up and can't wait for that match!!!

Luck- Dude... seriously those dang bananas are going down. Can't wait for our MM man... its going to be great...

Sethlon- Shout outs always for being such an awesome guy. its really great getting to see ya play

Oracle- thanks for TOing and putting up with out crews constant question asking

Grand- Good Job buddy... can't wait to see the M2 training pay off for ya

Infinity- thanks for kicking my butt... and the pointers afterwards... I appreciate it

Southern Gent- whats the luck we'd practice with you the whole time just for us to wind up against ya first round...but on a much more Serious note thanks for the advice on how to do doubles better...

Gor- dude... Tink was quite an interesting match up for me... hope we can play again

Lor- thanks for the help with my nerves before our match man... It helped me out in the long run and it was fun playing that falco

M2K- Dude... I wish I got to play a whole match with you... it was INSANE!!!!!!!!

and to the College Station Crew... YOU GUYS WERE AWESOME... The S-Ville crew across the board want to say thanks and compliment how awesome it was to get to play you guys

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
jake's been playing since 05/06 I would say, Arc 06/07?, and mt/tirno 07/08 I think.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I mean… I thought the APEX QUALIFIER in the header was a give away. lol

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I knew I shouldn't have taken the oreo bribes...

anyway, I must've been blinded by my excitement to body everyone and get bodied by only a few people.

I'm callin you out AustinRC. Let's play for real!!
anybody from austin/houston wanna do an ice cream match against me?

AustinRC

Smash Lord
As always I'm completely up for the challenge. Let us fight like gentlemen!

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I knew I shouldn't have taken the oreo bribes...

anyway, I must've been blinded by my excitement to body everyone and get bodied by only a few people.

I'm callin you out AustinRC. Let's play for real!!
anybody from austin/houston wanna do an ice cream match against me?
What are the rules for Ice Cream matches again? All stages except the 6 that are normally legal, or something like that?

RedGamer

Smash Ace
no, you're thinking of a different kind of ice cream match.

it's the same as tourney rules: can be Bo 3 5 or 7, one character per set, no bans, wobbling legal, loser buys winner 1 pint of ice cream of their choosing per set won.

I want this one to be Bo5.

Also, I want to go against tirno. suicidal, I know.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I'm down for Ice cream matches. YOU FOOLS GOING DOWN! G-Rabbit get at me! ;P

AustinRC

Smash Lord
If I lose I will put the cone on my forehead and scream "I am a unicorn!" in the restaurant. Lets do this.

Top Bottom