• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forget banning metaknight, ledge camping = omgwtfbbqhax

BentoBox

Smash Master
don't be dumb.

sheik's up-B stall was still easy to ledge stall with, AND it had INFINITE invincibility while brawl metaknight's ledge stall does not.

in both games, the ledge can be edgehogged between ledge hops.

very risky against metaknight but it can be done.

anyway, brawl ledge stalling is not total invincibility, it's just hard to get around. it gets hit by ic's blizz, too good!
But against a Sheik in Melee, successfully edgehogging would make her lose a stock, unless she called it and went for the stage, in which case you could punish. Now in brawl, the most successful edgehoggers happen to have the best recoveries. And toying around the ledge wasn't nearly as safe back then. You really cannot compare the two.

Anther

Smash Champion
Doods. When MK ledge camps, run over the ledge and put your shield up. What can he do?
Fair?
Nair?
Shuttle Loop?
Tornado?

The shield will stop all of those. When your shield starts to get tiny, roll away and chill on the stage for a couple seconds and try again. You're even happier if you have some projectile you can pepper the ledge with, but not all characters have that option.

Most metas try to shuttle loop because it's fast and BA. After he loops, almost all characters can jump and use an aerial and metaknight will get hit because unknown to them the shuttle loop puts them in the same vulnerable spot everytime, and you should be punishing it at about that same frequency. Thus, meta is going to shuttle loop a lot less because he gets hit hard for trying such a thing.

Fair and Nair are harder to punish, but most of the time if you can hug well enough or predict it, you won't get killed by anything he does, it's just a matter of being accustomed to invincibility time on the ledge, and knowing how long to wait in order to pressure the meta... without waiting so long that he taps you with something that gets you stage spiked.

Whenever dealing with the tornado, I make it a point to point my shield upwards. It could be purely coincidental and in my head, but it stops it from poking frequently, and if it does poke it, your upward DI will most likely pop you out of the tornado in one hit.

If the meta is silly enough to stay on you for the duration hoping for the shield poke, as soon as it's complete you can point the control stick towards them and tap z and bam, free grab.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=]

Wise words, Anther. I can tell your vast Melee experience serves you well in Brawl.
I need to put those strategies into my gameplay.

As for ledge camping in general- yes it's annoying and it sucks the fun right out of the match.
I don't even understand how the ledge camper can feel entertained as they ledge camp, tbh.

It's not those who complain about ledge camping that are the n00bs, it's those who ledge camp. Ledge camping never really worked in Melee. But Brawl is imperfect and now it's a broken tactic.

Many characters simply CANNOT do much or anything against it. The only advice I can give is to approach with aerial dodges. Many, many aerial dodges...

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
its called planking and doing it right with MK is almost unbeatable. doing it perfect is broken lol. theres no way u can edgehog a side B or shuttle loop from the ledge and for some reason its not stalling !?

with chars like rob its ledgecamping and it shouldnt be that hard to deal with. simply shield the projectile and do something about it. dont just stand there taking hits ....

but seriously brawls getting to the point where if u wanna win that insanely bad just plank someones ***

Anther

Smash Champion
Well I guess you just lost the game if you can't back away and read whether he's going to do it again? The solutions are simple but you at least need to put some thought into it. This isn't melee where the answer is shine and everything's good XD. It's brawl and the answer's tornado =P.

I don't think you're even referencing him going under the stage to run away from you but just jumping down and grabbing the ledge again.
Well.. since the ledge is free, you can grab it. Nothing stopping you from doing that. Most characters, even if they don't have a fast ledge grab option have some sort of option for attacking someone by falling off the stage and throwing out something. With sonic I drop off and Backair. Lucario I run slightly off the stage and dair. Pika, I grab the ledge he wants to take back and drop down and neutral air or uair... or any attack because I have invincibility frames that meta doesn't have anymore. All of those will stop whatever attack he throws out since you took the initiative and took the position advantage he's hogging from you that you don't know how to steal back >.>.

If they shuttle loop you should be able to attack them before it's safe for them to land, if tornado you either have something that can beat it or you don't... But they won't be on the ledge when it finishes, and if it fails, mix it up and try something else.

Think stuff out a lil bit XD... geez ;p. And it's a video game, how are you gonna feel stupid for doing something that isn't even changing the score =p? I mean, it's your prerogative if you want to sit there until your shield breaks, these are just suggestions, not end all answers to problems you could be having. I'm kinda shocked you asked sucha question [>.>. Pun Intended.] (What happens if he just drops down, jumps up, and grabs the ledge again?) He's either gonna do it again or jump and throw out an attack. If all else fails play pikachu >.>

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
As soon as you leave the stage, you're dead, MK has a million different ways to gimp you far faster than your character can react. Plus edgehogging is completely useless against him.

Anther

Smash Champion
lol, well I guess all there is to do is ban him then Pluvia.
I'll just whine about peoples options and not try anything and expect to get better at the game =]

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
well if they're ledge camping go over and attack them
they can't stay on the ledge and effectively block/attack you for long
You sure about that?

Also: if you are ahead in stocks and someone is trying to ledge camp, why should you do anything? 8 minutes goes by pretty quickly, and if you're ahead, you'll win the match.

If you're behind... well, that's a different story.

Top Bottom