• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For those of you worrying about Samus..

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Things are changing, but all I can say is I'm definitely sticking with Samus, and I will be focusing on discovering things to make her more effective and fun for everyone. I'll share this as I do it, I only wish I could start right now..

Pi

Smash Hero
Then none of us has anything to worry about, with you on the case we'll have a barrel full of techs to work on and practice!

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Things are changing, but all I can say is I'm definitely sticking with Samus, and I will be focusing on discovering things to make her more effective and fun for everyone. I'll share this as I do it, I only wish I could start right now..
Oh yah dude now I can finally vs you... get a modded wii and play the JP version with me sometime... AIM - xsilvenx. peace

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
Have you played brawl yet phanna or do you have to wait like the rest of us samus lovers? If you are paying early I hope you discover some cool stuff for us

ZodiacDragon1014

Smash Rookie
I'm certainly going to try Samus again in Brawl. It's a must for me, considering she was my best character in Melee. I'm curious how much she's changed. I've heard her Charge Shot has been nerfed, and that the bomb recovery has been nerfed as well. What's interesting though, is that I haven't heard a thing about her Grapple Beam for her tether move. I've seen no videos of Samus using it, nor have I heard anyone comment on it at all. I'm curious about it. If that's something you wouldn't mind looking into for me, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
I'm certainly going to try Samus again in Brawl. It's a must for me, considering she was my best character in Melee. I'm curious how much she's changed. I've heard her Charge Shot has been nerfed, and that the bomb recovery has been nerfed as well. What's interesting though, is that I haven't heard a thing about her Grapple Beam for her tether move. I've seen no videos of Samus using it, nor have I heard anyone comment on it at all. I'm curious about it. If that's something you wouldn't mind looking into for me, that'd be greatly appreciated.
You can grapple upto three times in the air o.O and it automatically tethers the ledge, which at first I thought would be annoying because there are no more rising grapples and you cant grapple the stage side below the ledge but ive heard it works nicley

Kips

Smash Ace
We have no need to worry for her. While her missiles are down, she has gained much in the process. It seems her Screw Attack and Up-Smash deal huge damage now, especially the U-Smash.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It seems to me, almost, that Samus is a tad more ground based than she was. Dsmash seemed a good way to KO lightweights off the top now. Samus players will find themselves going for a lot of powerful, single hits from what I can see.

Gravekeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gravekeeper
I listed off all the stuff that had apparently been nerfed on Samus to my friend, then finished by saying, 'But I'm still maining her.'

I mean, after using a character for nearly 7 years, you kinda grow attached to it, ya know?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Right now I think Rohins and I are the people discovering things and giving hope to samus players :).

Why can't you start now phanna? You obviously have brawl. Also, you played marth at that tournament you went to >_>.

I would really really really love to see your samus :). The only other samus I pay attention to right now is Rohins.

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
Same here Phanna, she treated me well in SSB64, she treated me great in SSBM, and so far she has been treating me pretty **** good in SSBB.

it seems I am one of the few who thinks samus is still a great character, and i too shall not give up on her, although i will be learning ZSS on the side >_>

Mez

Smash Cadet
well....this is very weird of me posting....ive been on this boards for a long time and as u can see on my post count i nver post anything, but meh im bored enough today, ive been playing Barwl samus for some time now, and i have 1 thing to say...SHE IS GREAT! i think she is better then her melee counterpart, more combos, she is hard to aproach now, good range, good spaming game, great spike, her screw atack is still a great combo breaker, her charged shot CAN KILL, unless u shot it without charging a lot and then when u charge it it wont kill cuz u have used it too much and its knockback has been ruined due to the new game mechanics, but ive killed with it in 120% wich is rather low % considering every1 now survives 180% very easily, her recovery is still great, her Nair might not be a killing move anymore but its good for combos and for edguarding, anyway i just wanted to say that cuz i wanted to make it clear that samus is great in the hands of good players, and i will keep laughin everytime i read "samus is low tier....she got nerfed very badly" , iya she aint easy to play, but if u take the time to learn her style, she is a force to be reconed, if u want a noob character then go and Pick diddy kong or metaknight or olimar.

Mez out.

Mez

Smash Cadet
Mez... are you being sarcastic? I can't tell...

I LUBZ YEW PHANNA!!! Way to stick with Samus!! :D
i wasnt being sarcastic :p, i just think samus has a lot of potential and will be a great character in tournament play. ^^

Pi

Smash Hero
Mez... are you being sarcastic? I can't tell...

I LUBZ YEW PHANNA!!! Way to stick with Samus!! :D
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic...

I know a few people who posted after I bumped this thread didn't get the reason I did it...

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
So yes, as pointed out, despite my attempts to 'stick with Samus,' she is not my preferred player as she was in Melee. Currently I am favoring Marth. As ironic as this is, there is no further aspects to discuss in this thread, so I'll lock it to prevent further useless bumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom