• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For the psychos out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Hi smash world! I'm GorditoBoy, and I am very good at the piano. I've been playing for about 10 years, and finally, I've come to a breaking point. I have a huge competition in a couple weeks, and I'm not prepared. I need some advise. Not on practicing, but on something more intense:

I need to break my finger in the easiest way possible. I'm out of options. This is a last resort. I'll love you forever if you tell me how to break a finger. Thank you very very much.

P.S: This is not a joking matter. Please give me some real advise.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
If you want to get out of your piano rehersal, jam your fingers instead of breaking it. Jamming fingers can be easily done with a hammer or a door. Breaking your finger could potential cripple you for life if you hit the wrong bone.
On the other hand, this is a free country. You can simply refuse to go. That is your best option by far. Even if you are underage, it's not like your parents can pick you up bodily and carry you their. And even if they can, they can't force you to move your fingers.
If you are serious about not playing then don't play.
Trust me the worst that they can do is still better than a broken finger.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
You can quite easily break your index metacarpal bone with your other hand.

Take 3-10x shots of liquor
wait 30 minutes.
grab your index with your whole left hand
Pull towards your left shoulder as quickly and as hard as you can.

Hesitation means alot of excess pain. If you do it correctly, the shock should dull the pain at least temporarily.

/serious answer.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
if you were very good at the piano, you'd be prepared

don't be a *****

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Don't break your finger. If you **** up a joint it will never be the same for the rest of your life. Doing anything to mess with your hand region is a terrible idea. Honestly if you really wanted to get out of it, really really really, break your arm. No potential for life-long injuries. Just get someone to nail you full force in the arm with a baseball bat. A hammer or something would cause a lot of splintering of the bone, and that would be really bad.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
your a *****.... str8 up.... instead of practicing your opting to break your fingers/jam them. I'm so fvcking pissed, and I don't know why.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
If a hobby is stressful to the point that you'd rather break a bone than do it, perhaps you should consider quitting/taking a break?

But I'm a little drunk right now so maybe u shoudln't listen to me.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
your a *****.... str8 up.... instead of practicing your opting to break your fingers/jam them. I'm so fvcking pissed, and I don't know why.
this

wtf
if you can't play just go and lose the competition
i bet you sandbag in tournament too and say you're good, you just didn't feel like competing this time around
well just apply that to this competition no big stretch

PB&J

Smash Hero
wow..i thought i seen all types of threads before..there is nothing that stressful to make u want to break your finger over

ive been playing piano way longer than u have and never came to that point and never ever ever ever will..

if it bothers u that much dont do it..please dont give himnadvice how to break his finger.some people just dont care these days i see..cheer up kid lifes not that bad..there are plenty other things in this world u should be worried about

Pritch

Smash Lord
Breaking your finger because you're not prepared for a competition has got to be one of the dumbest ideas I've heard. Especially since you play piano, and that could make you incapable of continuing to play in the future. Considering you've kept at this for 10 years, that would probably suck.

That said, a few weeks is enough time to work something up if you just put in the shed time. What are you working on for this competition? Is is jazz or classical? I've been playing music for just shy of 20 years now, and been doing it professionally for 8-10. Hit me up with a PM or something, maybe I can help you out.

Either way though, if you absolutely can't do well at the competition just skip it before you do something that could very easily have life-long ramifications.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Welp, I came to a stunning revalation over a night of a non stop jam session with my band: I can do this. I was able to, in two hours, accomplish what I thought I couldn't. I got it done. So, breaking my finger is not an option. I swear to god that I was going to break my finger out of desperation and never being this ill prepared. Thanks so much for the advise and showing me how much of a fool I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom