• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Serious Ness Tier Discussion

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ which would be about 1 1/2 hours. I'm almos afraid to check the number of users on right now....imagine it in about 2 or 3 hours per say=scary=tooo many n00b scammers!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
gaaaaaawd d@mnit!!! making the site soooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I typed the letter o once, it just took forever for it to register becauase my laptop isn't insured againt noobsauce pouring out of the screen onto the keyboard. effing crap.

*gets hungry for nubcaeks* man...I never even talk like that!!!! wtf! I'm already infected!!! GAWDDANMIIIIIIITTTT. I can't believe I just checked the site again.

toasty

Smash Hero
gaaaaaawd d@mnit!!! making the site soooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I typed the letter o once, it just took forever for it to register becauase my laptop isn't insured againt noobsauce pouring out of the screen onto the keyboard. effing crap.

*gets hungry for nubcaeks* man...I never even talk like that!!!! wtf! I'm already infected!!! GAWDDANMIIIIIIITTTT. I can't believe I just checked the site again.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
how about now? It's up. Your sense sucks

EDIT: ZOMG!!! MICHIKO NARUKE IS DOING MUSIC FOR SSBB!!!! ^_^ n_n YAAAY!!!!!!

EDIT AGAIN: Also, the number of Mother 3 composers belies either a returning Ness, or the two brothers from Mother 3 coming to the game. Plus, Chrono Trigger and Xenogears music composer Mitsuda hints at inclusion of a character from one of those two games. Now.....let me see.....which one was on a Nintendo system again? (God I hope Frog's in...) Though that's not positive, Mitsuda is a fantastic composer and he could just be in for the generic music. The Mother 3 guys too, but there's a few too many of them.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Still a powerful hint though. Composers to make music for the stages of characters who will be in the game. Makes sense, right? Hell, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories was on GBA. We might even get Sora and his keyblade in this thang.

toasty

Smash Hero
*has a seizure...dies...........toasty's ghost uses GSC to find location of annoying1359...ghost sues. toasty wins.*..............................well, at least that's what my manual told me you Americans like to do =D .............*pretends he wasn't actually born in the US*
>.>
<.<

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
going by the logic that maybe the composers may have a hint towards possible characters...

I can very well see Terry from Contact being an awesome WTF character.

also, menu 1 was done by the people who made golden sun...

Going by this, listen to that song again...it sounds like it would work fine on a golden sun title! XD

As far as Ness is concerned, I doubt they will take him out. Quit worrying.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I think they'll take him out and replace him with Claus or Lucas. I like Ness better though...

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
so many music people from earthbound...he will be in brawl for sure...i don't think they will use any other kids from his game though....

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I think..................I'll wait for either the info to be released or the game.

that said: that'd be amazing if Viewtiful Joe was in Brawl haha...one of my favorite games of all time. And yeah I know he's Capcom and I know I've said this before. Here's to hoping =D

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I doubt Claus or Lucas will be in Brawl. It's not impossible, but....well....US players wouldn't know who they are. Then again, most US players didn't know who Ness was and his game was actually released here.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
There is officialy going to be Ness representage at Pound 2! Just signed up! Now I have to practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice a whole lot!

Anyways, Ness is a good character with bad matchups. The only way to deal with these disadvantages is to learn how to mindgame with him (which is pretty easy to do actually)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
As for the logic that composers hint at specific characters, it's actually a fairly GOOD hint when you consider that a good amount of chracters will have their own stages, and in order to do the music for those stages to the best of ability, it would be nice to have the composer who originally did the music for the game they were in. It's still not positive but it's nice hoping.

ALSO, OMG, LINK AND MORE ARE IN IT! I NEVER EXPECTED THAT!!! Seriously...it's gonna be a long time before anything anyone cares about actually gets released. Like a month or two at least.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I dunno, Ness (PAL Ness at least) has enough tools to deal with most characters who aren't immediate counters. After coming back here after a huge absence, I'm actually kind of annoyed to see his tier status hasn't risen at all.

As for him being in Brawl, I don't think he'll be out. He may have been under the hammer in Melee, but he's gained in popularity since then, and Mother 3 sold very well in Japan. If anything, a new Earthbound character is going to be added to Brawl, and I reckon it'll be Lucas.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Ness has the tools to deal with even those who are counters. I've seen beyond the mountain.

Oh but I blame myself for Ness not moving up on the tiers yet. I don't have a drivers license so I can't go to all the tournaments I need to in order to make it happen.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
LOLZOMGWTFBBQ!!!
The Amazing Blind Ness!!! *thinks* hmmm.... BlindNess.... haha....

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
hahaha im not really blind in the sense that i cant see anything just in the sense that they wont let me get a license
wow, I would think we were seperated at birth or something. We both play Ness, are nearly blind, and born in august. Kinda creepy actually

D

Deleted member

when SYYG is perfected, I'll use him in all my counterpicks.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
so according to the single post i just read randomly in this thread, ness is not higher tier because simna doesn't have a drivers license.

got it.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
It isn't so much that Simna would do well enough at tourney matches to raise Ness up, but more that we calculated the chaos theory in relation to Ness in SSBM, and this was the corresponding, insignificant event. Crazy coincidence, eh?

indie_dave

Smash Ace
LOL tim, no forget teh mathamatix fractalz0rs

and LOL tony u hater why can't all teh lowtier ppl be friends ^_^
to answer that question another way YES ness players are friggin remedial (besides the few top ones who get ss-class jutsu). but if you gonna laugh because we dumb, which is valid, point fingers at the entirety of the smash community for being impatient in refusing to learn the finer points of hardass characters to win with like bowser and ness. it's like laughing at a ******** kid shoved down a hill in a shopping cart, awwwww (where's this analogy from? and i guess that's funny)

why can't weeee be friends why can't weeee bee friends

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I can't even imagine a world where I can play Ness without someone saying "So who's your high tier?"
haha really??? wow, I guess I'm lucky. People see me pick Ness and Pikachu and then just go "oh snap, you're a low tier player? nice" although, the one time I visited ChuDat's biweekly and I was nervous as all hell and ****ed up with Ness, someone asked who my main was [since they didn't believe it could have been Ness based on that performance =/ haha] I told them I was too embarrassed to say hahahaha

Top Bottom