• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Serious Ness Tier Discussion

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
haha really??? wow, I guess I'm lucky. People see me pick Ness and Pikachu and then just go "oh snap, you're a low tier player? nice" although, the one time I visited ChuDat's biweekly and I was nervous as all hell and ****ed up with Ness, someone asked who my main was [since they didn't believe it could have been Ness based on that performance =/ haha] I told them I was too embarrassed to say hahahaha
i was playing retardedly too. chu's house has an anti-ness aura. idid ok at pound btw. if i wasn't so ******** i wou,d've made it out of the first round of pools.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
lol nice nice
my ness doesn't win matches but nobody really plays him around here so my djc skills always turns heads. :ness:
i guess i rly should play ness more v people in order to try out more pkt stuff..

any advice on approach? should i just be a ninja turtle and play campy? T .T

edit: new sig thx oshiro!!
edit2: o it didn't show TT .TT next post i guess lol

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
PKT approaches: MINDGAMES! Don't be campy. Be tricky.
you should use it on most characters after a series of juggling hits when you don't think you can get another aerial quickly enough.

characters that are notorious for abusing dair, like the Links or G&W...they're easy as hell to bait into this. if at some point they are significantly higher than you [uair, uthrow, whatever the case may be]....usually when anyone jumps up underneath those characters, they use their d-air as a shield that has pretty reliable priority against most of what people could throw at them from underneath. So Link/Ylink/G&W [also CF/Ganon and a host of others with wicked d-airs] sees you jumping up, they throw out the dair, make sure you're not too close to them before you start this otherwise it won't come out in time, but yeah, classic PKT fakeout.

I've also learned to utilize up+B out of shield. this is good against characters like Sheik who can attack your shield and generally escape a block-grab from Ness fairly easily.

don't try to PKT Marth if you hit him above you. unless he's directly above you and quite stunned from a hit, like hitting him with a dair while he's on the ground, Marth can recover from hits very quickly, he'll dodge the PKT very easily and come back down to the stage and punish you very very quickly. Also, if he's right above you after getting hit, and it wasn't a very strong hit, I wouldn't recommend hitting him with PKT. If he's good, he'll counter. [and yes, good Marth's DO counter, they just know when, and that you do so sparingly]

Ademisk

Smash Champion
With Ness's uair range, you can usually outdo anyone who uses a dair(Hint: use the SIDE of the hitbox, not the top.). I've even gotten it in against people with crazy B moves that pound the ground like Bowser or Yoshi. Use the PKT Mindgame instead though, and eventually, they'll get used to it. Make sure to use it on an enemy who still has their second jump, or is close to the floor, make sure you don't hit them, and watch for their DI, you can usually surprise them with a PKT2 from the side just before they land. They tend to get used to this move if you overuse it, so once, or twice max.

And Gimpy, don't be Randy Newman. Short people DO got reason to live.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Yeah, the thing I love about Ness's dair and uair is that they have hitboxes in a really wierd place on the side of his leg and head respectively. So if you can't spike/juggle someone from above, do it from the side. After all, Ness is freaking psychic, he shouldn't ever have to physically TOUCH someone.

Top Bottom