• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Currently watching Etika's Let's Play of Awakening. I love the story in it!!!!
Nice.

I will say he is really bad at the game though, I think the death toll is up to Sumia, Gaius, Cordelia, Olivia, and Tharja. Also he had Sully stolen from him by Chrom, and hasn't learned that its a good idea to actually view supports until the most recent episode.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Nice.

I will say he is really bad at the game though, I think the death toll is up to Sumia, Gaius, Cordelia, Olivia, and Tharja. Also he had Sully stolen from him by Chrom, and hasn't learned that its a good idea to actually view supports until the most recent episode.
Yeah, but it was his first play through lol.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Yeah, but it was his first play through lol.
Fair enough. Also he decided to play hard and with no resets. I would have so many deaths if I didn't generally reset (but I also tend to play on Lunatic)

Also, I think its time I make everyone cry with a fan comic I found.

ChibiValshe

Hold your breath with me
3DS FC
2723-9690-1869
Fair enough. Also he decided to play hard and with no resets. I would have so many deaths if I didn't generally reset (but I also tend to play on Lunatic)

Also, I think its time I make everyone cry with a fan comic I found.

Don't worry, you still have me, Lucina.:smirk:

Also, I don't remember if I've ever posted in here or not. If I haven't, then it's nice to meet ya'll. You nice folks can call me Chibi, and I like Lucina (a whole ton, actually).:estatic:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Gotta make sure we have enough Lucina to be safe from your explosions.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Are there any videos on correct spacing with Lucina? I tend to play her a bit aggressively!

Meanwhile.. I watched all +60 episodes of Etika's Awakening let's play and towards the end i realized he wasn't halfway through
-__-

i'll buy the game myself and experience it lol

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Are there any videos on correct spacing with Lucina? I tend to play her a bit aggressively!

Meanwhile.. I watched all +60 episodes of Etika's Awakening let's play and towards the end i realized he wasn't halfway through
-__-

i'll buy the game myself and experience it lol
I hope he continues it, since it's like a train wreck I can't look away. Also I need to help ensure he makes the correct waifu choice.

PS: play on classic but accept that you will need to reset the game at times.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I hope he continues it, since it's like a train wreck I can't look away. Also I need to help ensure he makes the correct waifu choice.

PS: play on classic but accept that you will need to reset the game at times.
Has anyone here grabbed the new FE already? I remember reading someday that it basically didn't have permakill anymore.... on any mode.
Is it true? It will suck if it is....

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Has anyone here grabbed the new FE already? I remember reading someday that it basically didn't have permakill anymore.... on any mode.
Is it true? It will suck if it is....
Gonna wait for the NA release before I read any more. I already spoiled myself on characters and some new features....the wait is so painful.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Nice, I don't even have a 3DS to play the game, but I would hate to see this series get too much "casualized"....
Just like Awakening there is a "casual mode" that turns off perma-death, but that is purely an option. Just play on classic and everything is just like Awakening.

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
Or if you just don't want to play the game, than select phoenix mode. Which means you resurrect the turn after you die. So it is like your invincible and don't give a damn about the actual gameplay! Lol, but don't worry, the gameplay is going to be great and it will be as difficult as the other games in the series. The gameplay is also the best part of the game. The other stuff .... well... that depends on your tastes.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Just like Awakening there is a "casual mode" that turns off perma-death, but that is purely an option. Just play on classic and everything is just like Awakening.
Yes, I know, I'm fine with a "casual mode", but I remember reading those news the other day (before the game was released) that the game wouldn't have a permadeath mode at all....
That would have been the worst.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Or if you just don't want to play the game, than select phoenix mode. Which means you resurrect the turn after you die. So it is like your invincible and don't give a damn about the actual gameplay! Lol, but don't worry, the gameplay is going to be great and it will be as difficult as the other games in the series. The gameplay is also the best part of the game. The other stuff .... well... that depends on your tastes.
Apparnetly Phoenix mode was literally added due to all 3 routes being harder than Awakening, with the Nohr route being much harder. They had to give the people who (somehow, don't ask me) struggled on Normal/Casual in Awakening something.

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
Apparnetly Phoenix mode was literally added due to all 3 routes being harder than Awakening, with the Nohr route being much harder. They had to give the people who (somehow, don't ask me) struggled on Normal/Casual in Awakening something.
No, they turned it into 'Visual Novel' mode. Apparently, that is becoming a very big multi million dollar enterprise. I mean, a ton of Vn's are getting kickstarting funding, and they usually focus on things like Camilla's "orbs." So it is a big deal in Japan.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
No, they turned it into 'Visual Novel' mode. Apparently, that is becoming a very big multi million dollar enterprise. I mean, a ton of Vn's are getting kickstarting funding, and they usually focus on things like Camilla's "orbs." So it is a big deal in Japan.
Well, yeah, what kind of people do you think had trouble with Normal/Casual in Awakening?

Just for the record, my first playthrough was Normal/Classic and by Chapter 10 it had become so easy that I restarted the game so I could play Hard/Classic.

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
The ones who decided that Frederick was the only unit they would ever use.

Yeah, I miss the challenge of the older FE games. They would destroy you without mercy.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Yeah, it's best not to mention that pairing to Chibi... *gives Chibi hugs*

On the other hand, I have no idea what I'm doing here. Carry on, everyone.:ohwell:

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
Yeah, it's best not to mention that pairing to Chibi... *gives Chibi hugs*

On the other hand, I have no idea what I'm doing here. Carry on, everyone.:ohwell:
Then Chibi should know that this and the last forum was home to some of the biggest Robcina supporters. So it does get talked about :)

Last edited:

ChibiValshe

Hold your breath with me
3DS FC
2723-9690-1869
...I just realized I can draw whatever I want too.

*goes mad with power* :evil:

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
Lol, you can do whatever you want, as long as it is respectful. We talk about other things ... sometimes. Most talk about Lucina's moves is in the Marth smash board. Most talk about Fire Emblem fates is in the Robin boards.

If you want to talk about other stuff that is cool too, and frankly this thread has been very quiet so any discussion is better than nothing. But be warned that the Robicna stuff is here too and its not going anywhere :)

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Lol, you can do whatever you want, as long as it is respectful. We talk about other things ... sometimes. Most talk about Lucina's moves is in the Marth smash board. Most talk about Fire Emblem fates is in the Robin boards.

If you want to talk about other stuff that is cool too, and frankly this thread has been very quiet so any discussion is better than nothing. But be warned that the Robicna stuff is here too and its not going anywhere :)
Hey, it could be worse (or better?), it could be Robcina when Robin is her mother :yeahboi:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hoping to do the boards a favor with the help of Toucan and compile some juicy info talked about in the Marth boards as I find them. While most apply to Marth, I'm hoping this could lead to some Meta discussions over our own. Matchups, gameplay, ats, and all that good stuff.

@Shaya on Brawl & Smash Wii U Marth comparisons. We can still use the info (I took out tip mentions because lolnotips) Damage changes may need to be checked too. I'll edit accordingly.

For a really long time I wanted to do a thesis on Marth's transition between games, which prior to now would've been a huge diatribe of how much he got ****ed over.

Now if I were to start it it would actually be talking about the things he lost, and all the things he gained.
- Triple Jump Glitch gone = HUGE BUFF that didn't mean too much to us before because our character sucked. To new gens, I can't even begin to describe how ****ty this thing was for us. It made Marth feel like a low tier character in certain situations, there was a point in 09 where I almost wanted to drop Marth because of this. The use of dolphin slash was so risky because this existed too (get jabbed on the way down = free smash attack). NOW WE CAN USE DOLPHIN SLASH AGGRESSIVELY!!!!!!

- Weight increase = good buff but it didn't mean much because we SUCKED. That extra edge on weight does make notable differences. Considering the kill power available on this character. But yeah, with greater weight, we get more use out of rage than we would've with our previous build.

- Up Throw killing (it's the same strength as Brawl, but based rage) = HUGE HUGE buff that was his crutch the ENTIRETY of smash 4 thus far. Rage + Up Throw was literally his only saving grace prior to buff sprees, without it I am 200% sure he was the worst character in the game on WiiU release.

- Aerial reach/disjoints buffed = GREAT buff. As number tech savvy as I am with things, and how much **** I have to deal with "Marth's range sucks now", when it comes down to it, nair and fair reach a lot further than they did in Brawl. Neutral Air was the most nerfed move from the Brawl transition and can now be used to land, set up for combos and defensively walling again. Neutral air's range is ludicrous; more damage would be helpful but it's now feeling a lot closer to weighing up nicely. Neutral Air was an exceptionally broken move in Brawl, now it's a good move.

- DB1 combos in the air properly; pretty big buff and now we have so much more pressure at close range and from the air I think it's about time we start to abuse this mix up.

- Shieldbreaker range buffed and no longer retaining the lung forward in cooldown was a great buff in making this move a usable part of our arsenal. Like, I don't know if you know, but for a single frame Marth lunges extra forward on hitbox release, almost a full swords length extra.

- Marth had a lot of issues being safe on hit at low percent. Forward Air still suffers this unfortunately but now with jab and up tilt retuned he now has a lot more to play with to not be pigeon holed into only grab or dancing blade at low percent. Safe from the getgo is a huge sigh of relief.

- Our jab, historically one of the worst in the series!!!!!!! Now? I'm actually particularly worried it'll get nerfed/taken back next patch. I don't know what they were thinking. It isn't super real, but it's so so so strong. We now have a significantly better version of Palutena's jab (which is 7 frames, long range, disjointed, combos/leads into things). People do not want to get hit by this thing and buffer something because they'll die. As we lost forward throw as a close range set up from Brawl, Jab now has taken us back to having that solid always "super likely reward". It linking into jab2 reliably is very very good too, it isn't always about jab1 into crap; taking 10% and knocking them towards the ground/likely towards the ledge, it snowballs positional dominance very well. Jab1 into Jab1 is a silly trap too.

- Counter being stronger; one of the consistent usages from Brawl was using it against recoveries. Beyond it's risk factor (for both yourself and your opponent) in normal situations, when you look at off stage we've got something that kills various heavies at around 100% that they mostly cannot avoid. :4bowser::4dk::4myfriends::4ness::4feroy::4ryu::4shulk::4littlemac::4lucas: are all characters who we kill for free trying to recovery. No fun for them allowed really.

- Our pummel is fast and does 3%. It was fast/good damage in Brawl too, but I think this was lower then. Our throw damage is pretty low but we should almost always be able to get a single pummel, two pummels and we're looking at damage output better than most characters getting a throw. People who don't mash out can take like 20% just from pummels. Annoy/cheese people with this, mashing out gives bad DI which is great for down throw and forward throw.

@kj22 and Marth Boards on Luigi: Small Bits`
**Powershielding** and rolling help Luigi get in more then he should, of along with the fireball guessing game. He can fireball you then dash grab, dash shield, dash attack/down b, sh fair, or roll behind (or even stand still and watch your reaction for later) to get in on Marth and get him where he doesn't wanna be--the air, where its difficult to land. While luigi fireballing isn't an auto grab, its def a guessing game versus competent Luigi's. Also better ones will spotdodge attacks instead of shield them to avoid the shieldslide. On paper it seems the mu should benefit Marth but in actuality Marth has to play pretty damn on point, the margin of error is slim in this mu.

Its def possible to zone Luigi out, the question is how long/well can you do it? Esp when you're most likely getting small pokes off your walling and he's getting major damage and stage control for getting in on you.
I'll try and dig for some more because the conversations there tend to be pretty informative and needs to be shared.

Also big tourney today. All Lucina and hoping for a top 5. Hype

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I had a thread directly below this but it got locked and was suggested to move it here. This is up for consideration for you Lucina fans.

I was thinking in the "If you were in charge of Smash 5's roster" thread, I didn't like the thought of cutting characters NOR did I like the idea of alternate characters. I think characters should feel like they belong in Smash. Yes, this includes Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Alph, and Lucina (not the Koopalings, they are fine as they are). So attempting to think of ways to make the clones different, I initially had a lot of trouble thinking of unique things for Lucina when it hit me:

In Fire Emblem Awakening, Chrom and Lucina could promote their Lord class to become Great Lords. Both of them gain a shield to go along with their Flachion. Chrom obtains the Fire Emblem (or a very large one at that) and Lucina has a shield made in the same design as her mask, see below:

How would you feel about Lucina becoming a Great Lord in Smash 5? Using her sword and newfound shield, she could be a cross between :4link: and :4marth: rather than just a very very slightly different :4marth:. Being a hyper fast sword and shield user without the gimmicky gadgets of Link, this would open up Lucina to use her shield in combat like shield bashes, side swipes, or even throwing it Captain America style. Imagine a :GCR::GCB: being a shield bash that, if charged up, could be used to stun the character like a shorter shield break? Or possibly tossing her shield, though that may be too much like Link's boomerang. Heck, for good measure, make her next appearance in Smash utilize her Great Lord look just like how Ike and Roy used new looks in Smash 4.

What are your thoughts? Do you think people would like Lucina more (or hate Lucina less) if she had a new moveset like this (or at least a fusion of Link and Marth) rather than being a nigh perfect clone? Or FE characters in general? Do you think Sakurai would consider this?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Honestly I feel like all they need to do is give her the Roy treatment: change her stats up more compared to Marth and give her a couple unique abilities. Like, I think Lucina should be a faster, more agile version of Marth but hits less hard and has some unique moves. For example, you could give her Aether instead of her counter (since unlike Ike's version of Aether, which is his Up-B due to it being ariel in his game), to show off her fighting style. Then change up a couple of her A moves to fit her fighting style as shown in game a bit better (which involves more fluid strikes and slashes than Marth's more fencing-like style) and you'd be good to go.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Previously, my Lucina amiibo creamed almost every other figurine an was probably the toughest one in my household. I wanted to make her even tougher and reset her, by showing her how to use Uthrow as a kill move (she always uses Bthrow or Fthrow and brings her opponents to crazy high percents when she could kill earlier). Gave her a new name and new color too, got sick of the old one. No matter how much I tried to she would still never do it, and now since I reset her she uses Dashing Assault and Fsmash much more often than before and barely uses Dtilt anymore. She already used both of these moves a lot prior, but now she's doing it waaaaaaay too much and it pains me to watch it. Before she beat up basically everybody I had but Toon Link, but now the amiibo she previously destroyed are now beating her.

What have I done? What the hell have I done?

aBlackCat

Smash Rookie
I've wanted great lord lucina from the start. Palutena sheild mechanics and a special with it are my ideal.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
If she was a :4feroy: clone and not a :4marth: clone? Obviously, if she wasn't a clone at all she would be but what about if she was still a clone but of :4feroy:? At the moment, she's a clone of a character who thrives off spacing and yet gets less reward for perfect spacing while more reward for imperfect spacing. Her lack of a tipper makes her feel like Marth missing something for most people. However, if she was a clone of Roy she'd be recognized for having more reward off perfect spacing while less reward for being up close and in the opponents face. I suppose frame data would be a big deal for her since Roy is far more aggressive than Marth.

I'm not meaning this as any sort of offense to Lucina. She got me into Marth when I never got into him in Melee, Brawl or P:M and I prefer her on FG since lag makes perfect spacing more difficult. My only problem with her is her shortened height making her have less platform pressure than Marth.

I could have posted this in the Q&A thread but I wanted this particular topic to be noticed and discussed without other stuff coming up.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
According to myfigurecollection.net, figma Lucy is releasing on the 26th of this month.

If this is true, then it's about friggin' time!

D

Deleted member

I would kill to have that Lucina figma.
Though I'm sure it's super expensive.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I would kill to have that Lucina figma.
Though I'm sure it's super expensive.
Depends on your definition of expensive; if my calculations are correct, I'll be paying $59 for one of those figures (that $59 also includes shipping costs).

Top Bottom