• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Loving the jab update, not sure if it's enough for me to get by with her competitively though. : <

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Haven't used Marcina yet in serious matches but I'm on that Roy murder train teaching the young lion cub. I'll get to Lucina later this week and jab 1 into f smash for salt.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Just two days ago while playing around with my Lucina amiibo, I finally got her to Level 50 and I pit her against most of my other figurines: 2 stock, no equipment, 6 min, customs on (though unfortunately I don't have all the custom moves I want for my amiibo), and the fights all happen on the same stage for each set. I gave Lucina Crescent Slash and Dashing Assault (would also given her Iai Counter if I had it) and she defeated almost everyone I matchmade her with. SOme of them were able to take 1 game off of her, but even when she did lose, she somehow adapts and ends up taking back victory the next game:

:4sonic: Rekt
:4greninja: Rekt
:4megaman: Rekt
:4bowser: Rekt
:4shulk: Close, but still victorious
:4mario: Even closer
:4peach: The most intense of them all, but still beaten

Unfortunately, I accidentally left my Wii U on for over an hour without touching it, erasing the data and experience I could've saved to her and the others, and i had to repeat this challenge again. Shulk (who I usually pair with her in teams, as I personally ship these two :love:) gave her a run for a money the first time and was the first to take 1 game in his favor, but somehow lost his magic touch in the reach match and got beaten pretty hard. Other than that, the results didn't really change much at all and she had a win streak of 7 (14 if counting the rematches despite the reset). So far, the only one who managed to beat her was :4tlink: in a real close match, although I made him fight Sonic (who hardly laid a scratch on Lucy) afterwards and somehow performed a LOT worse than he did with Lucina and got trashed, have no idea how it went that way.

Truth be told, I am honestly very surprised she did this well considering how she isn't exactly regarded as a good character competitively, and I like to think of her as the queen of the house as far as amiibos go, easily the strongest one in the household right now and I'm actually really happy with it. I must admit, I do have quite a lot of other amiibos that are untrained, don't have the customs I wanna give them, or I just haven't pit them against her yet: :4robinm::4pacman::4ness::4metaknight::4yoshi::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4wario2::4sheik: and :4pikachu:; and I can't lie that this is a pretty big number. Even so, a lot of these characters are pretty janky/unorthodox or haven't really done anything impressive when I trained them (Yoshi in particular, is horrendously stupid). I do believe Ness, Pikachu, Meta Knight, or Charizard (only with customs tho, once I get them anyway) could potentially defeat her once they're ready; but my faith in the others can basically be summed up like this:

I've never felt so satisfied like this when it comes to training amiibo, and this makes me even happier with getting Lucina than before; not only being one of the most stylish figurines, but by far the most fun and the most effective one I've trained so far. If she can't be good competitively, at least she could be high tier as an amiibo. If amiibo tournaments ever become a thing, definitely gonna main her lol

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well that's fairly innocous compared to some other images I've seen of them.
Still don't like that pairing though...

Jab update is fantastic, I've gotten so much use out of it.
Looking at Roy's new move animations, I realize a lot of them would fit Lucina well. Especially FSmash and Dair.
All I ask from the next Smash is Lucina staying and getting decloned.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Meh, I preferred Lucina paired with this guy.

upload_2015-6-22_3-8-47.jpeg

I simply adore this pairing too much to consider anything else, and their special conversations together are ****ing golden. Plus I myself as the avatar already found someone else, its just not worth it imo

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

View attachment 57944

I simply adore this pairing too much to consider anything else, and their special conversations together are ****ing golden. Plus I myself as the avatar already found someone else, its just not worth it imo
I like Lucy and Inigo as siblings. :\
*misses the Robin and Lucina pictures*

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

View attachment 57944

Honestly, Lucina x Inigo is probably my second favorite pairing for her behind Robin x Lucina (unrelated M!Morgan x Lucina is the close third). Mainly because those supports have very similar themeing as Robin x Lucina (them wanting her to be happy and all that.)

Well that's fairly innocous compared to some other images I've seen of them.
Still don't like that pairing though...

Jab update is fantastic, I've gotten so much use out of it.
Looking at Roy's new move animations, I realize a lot of them would fit Lucina well. Especially FSmash and Dair.
All I ask from the next Smash is Lucina staying and getting decloned.
But... but... look at them!

*runs away due to weaponized OTP feels contained within picture*

*drops more fanart as he flees*

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Honestly, Lucina x Inigo is probably my second favorite pairing for her behind Robin x Lucina (unrelated M!Morgan x Lucina is the close third). Mainly because those supports have very similar themeing as Robin x Lucina (them wanting her to be happy and all that.)

But... but... look at them!

*runs away due to weaponized OTP feels contained within picture*

*drops more fanart as he flees*

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Crap...I'm gonna be so conflicted once I get to this part. My brother just says to do the optimal pairings. But will my heart say otherwise?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Crap...I'm gonna be so conflicted once I get to this part. My brother just says to do the optimal pairings. But will my heart say otherwise?
Do what I do then, and take the middle ground. Figure out a couple of pairings you like for each character, then use which are more optimal out of those to make the final decision. That's what I do. Though this method only really works if you either A) have played multiple playthroughs already, or B) read a bunch of support conversations ahead of time on "teh interwebz" and plan accordingly.

Also, yeah, that picture sums up just about every shipping war ever. I really just used someone having a different option as an excuse to post more fanart, lol.

Last edited:

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
I'm conflicted. On one hand my OTP is Robin x Lucina

But on the other hand you get things like this:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I'm conflicted. On one hand my OTP is Robin x Lucina

But on the other hand you get things like this:
The funny part is if you replace Lucina with Morgan and replace Chrom with Robin, you have a perfect example of my headcanon regarding Robin's reaction to finding out Morgan and Inigo are dating XP

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
*pounds desk* Lucina figma got delayed, again, until August.

*pounds desk again* @ TheWerdna TheWerdna , gimme another round of Robin/Lucina fluff, I can handle it.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
*pounds desk* Lucina figma got delayed, again, until August.

*pounds desk again* @ TheWerdna TheWerdna , gimme another round of Robin/Lucina fluff, I can handle it.

(Side note, this one makes me really wish I spoke Japanese so I could actually know what they are saying, since I am sure its adorable)

D

Deleted member

I really wish that was in English, it looks so cute.
I ship Robin x Lucina so hard.

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
I really wish that was in English, it looks so cute.
I ship Robin x Lucina so hard.
Yeah, I need to learn Japanese as well, but it doesn't matter what they are saying because it is so sweet XD
Those pictures make me smile regardless, and their faces say it all .

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man all this fanart in here. I wonder if ya'll can find some Cordeila or Maribelle stuff for me?

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I'm not the only one who likes how Lucina's taller than Robin in Sm4sh, am I?

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
It is pretty funny, but I think people do under-exaggerate her height as well. I always saw her as about the same height in the comic above.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
It is pretty funny, but I think people do under-exaggerate her height as well. I always saw her as about the same height in the comic above.
The under-exaggerate comes from the in game height, small build M == medium build F and medium build M == to Tall Build F. I never really considered that accurate, as in some cases characters who appear significantly taller in their portraits to another character could then end up being significantly shorter than that same other character when 3D models were compared.

As for Smash, it looks like they gave M!Robin the same height default F!Robin would have, rather than give F!Robin the default M!Robin's height.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Guys... I am kinda not sure what to think now... that reveal regarding the expies in Fire Emblem Fates makes some of the choices I make in awakening effectively non-canon now... and what's worse ruins a lot of what the fanfiction I am writing uses as its personal canon. I just... I know it sounds stupid and pathetic, but, I kinda feel like I'm on the verge of tears right now.

I could really use someone to talk to through, just to figure this out... Since, I am at work right now, but can't focus at all because of this.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Guys... I am kinda not sure what to think now... that reveal regarding the expies in Fire Emblem Fates makes some of the choices I make in awakening effectively non-canon now... and what's worse ruins a lot of what the fanfiction I am writing uses as its personal canon. I just... I know it sounds stupid and pathetic, but, I kinda feel like I'm on the verge of tears right now.

I could really use someone to talk to through, just to figure this out... Since, I am at work right now, but can't focus at all because of this.
Don't forget. OUTREALMS
And you can talk to me

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48

Well, there is a few things that come to mind. Outrealms for one, but also the fact that Anna has never really changed in FE games either. My third theory is that they could actually be their children. So, regardless of how you ship them or your own personal canon, it would still fit as long as you didn't kill them off.

Personally, I really don't like expies, and I am afraid we are going to see people make it part of a trend in the writing world. However, Robin and Lucina are enijhalar cards I believe, so that makes it so these new characters are not canonically the same. Just cheap knock offs for fan service. However, since they are basing these characters returning off of popularity, they may make a subtle hint to Robin and Lucina and the judgement scene.

Unfortunately, we won't get much, because Robin will be gender neutral to account for F!Robin, but maybe they will nod and say, yes we know, a lot of fans (not all) like :4lucina:x:4robinm:and we will casually acknowledge that by giving a really vague scene that can be taken many different ways.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Well, there is a few things that come to mind. Outrealms for one, but also the fact that Anna has never really changed in FE games either. My third theory is that they could actually be their children. So, regardless of how you ship them or your own personal canon, it would still fit as long as you didn't kill them off.

Personally, I really don't like expies, and I am afraid we are going to see people make it part of a trend in the writing world. However, Robin and Lucina are enijhalar cards I believe, so that makes it so these new characters are not canonically the same. Just cheap knock offs for fan service. However, since they are basing these characters returning off of popularity, they may make a subtle hint to Robin and Lucina and the judgement scene.

Unfortunately, we won't get much, because Robin will be gender neutral to account for F!Robin, but maybe they will nod and say, yes we know, a lot of fans (not all) like :4lucina:x:4robinm:and we will casually acknowledge that by giving a really vague scene that can be taken many different ways.
I was refering to a new reveal regarding the expies that just came out today, and its is what caused the issue. I don't want to spoil it unless you want to know... in which case I can PM you about it.

Last edited:

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
*sigh* Never mind. I read their conversations.

They made it really, really confusing.

So, NONE of these conversations are from Awakening characters. Lucina and Robin do not even recognize each other because they are from two entirely separate out-realm worlds.

The expies go on an adventure in whatever the heck timeline they come from and disguise their names, presumably because of how popular they are in Yllise. Although, that could be whatever timeline you choose to pick. So, you can look at it like this. Awakening takes place in World A, expies come from world B, Lucina comes from World C, and Robin comes from world D

Really, really dumb.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

So, NONE of these conversations are from Awakening characters. Lucina and Robin do not even recognize each other because they are from two entirely separate out-realm worlds.

The expies go on an adventure in whatever the heck timeline they come from and disguise their names, presumably because of how popular they are in Yllise. Although, that could be whatever timeline you choose to pick. So, you can look at it like this. Awakening takes place in World A, expies come from world B, Lucina comes from World C, and Robin comes from world D

Really, really dumb.
image.jpg
^my face

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
Hey, at least that way all of our personal canon is preserved. We just have to deal with the multiple words stuff that Intelligent system likes to hide behind so nothing seems inaccurate.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Almost certain to be Censored in NA localization. The way it is looking I will love fates for its gameplay, but Awakening will have better supports and more memorable characters.
I Hope We get an M rating rather than censor Ship

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

Really, really dumb.
From what I could tell both Robin and Lucina amiibos have ZERO interaction, so we honestly can't tell if they came from the same world or not. Unless more has been translated that I havn't seen yet

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
They do, but it's disappointing and implies they are from separate worlds.
I mean, its still not clear if they are even real or not. They might just be enijhalar cards. Since their dialogue seems to be very enijhalar-like

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
cards or not, the Robin and Lucina shipping is spared. Plus I don't really think fates changes makes our awakening worlds any less canon. They are using multiple worlds theory so it is still how we choose to make it.

*not spoilers*

Last edited:
Top Bottom