• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Glory Tier List

DEDEDEDEDEDE

Banned via Warnings
NNID
MNH003
3DS FC
5300-9013-9670
Is this still updating? Anyway.
:4villager:-1 No just no.
:4lucina:+1 Same reason as vote 1.
:4zss:+1 She is awesome. Bury meteorite and launches opponents with ease.
:4shulk:+1
:4metaknight:-1 It's impossible to play this character consistently.

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about that, I forgot to update everyone that this list is pretty useless now that Mewtwo/new patch has came out, so I just decided to stop doing this since it wasnt even really that popular anyways

Ryuki of Spiral Rhapsody

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
:4wario2: +2000 +1
Words cannot explain how, despite being accepted as "pretty good" in tournament play, Wario is de facto downright broken in For Glory mode. Why? No one knows how to stop him. Wario is the shounen. His motorcycle is his lance. Lag is heaven's blessing and his opponent's curse. Good game.

EDIT: WHOOPS! Shoulda reviewed the second page before posting; thought the idea of a For Glory-only meta game was super interesting, especially how obsessed I am with how Wario jumps from A-B to beyond S Tier in Wal-Mart connection For Glory.

Last edited:

PKMudkip

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0087-2827-5098
Switch FC
SW-5862-2113-3817
:4pikachu:-1 definitely not that high. He has a hard time killing but can rack up a lot of damage
:4diddy:-1 HOO HAH was nerfed and that could affect him on any stage Omega or not
:4ness: +1 needs to be up in A tier but B tier is fine for now.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
:4bowserjr:+1 His Neutral A string and FSmash seems to connect more consistently now. KO power may have increased!
:4duckhunt:+1 His FSmash SEEMS to be more reliable now, but that's probably false. Regardless, his infrequency in FG Teams baffle me.
:4charizard:+1 His Flare Blitz damage may have been nerfed on both sides, but he did get some neat buffs, like a 9 frame DTilt (used to be 11 frames), his UThrow being the best damage builder of his throws now (DThrow's for KOs), and FAir is a legit KO move at 100+% now, especially if tippered.

BBC7

Smash Ace
-1 :4gaw:, G&W play is just so bad under lag. Usually, a good G&W would consist of Dash Attack/Grab/U-Smash Rock Paper Scissors, Fair pressure, Nair Vortexing, F-Tilt/Jab walling, and U-Smash option locking. All become easier to see and easier to react to under lag, so you can't really rely on his tactics as much. I legit lose to people online just because they know how to roll backwards, even if they're fundamentally unsound for the most part. Not to mention that FD is disgusting for G&W anyways, he fares much better on Battlefield.

D

Deleted member

+1 :4megaman: The fact that there aren't any platforms benefits Mega Man. He can just spam those lemons, Metal Blades, and Crash Bombers and be fine with it. In my experiences, Mega Man is by far my least favorite opponent for this reason and the fact that his matches take a million years.
+1:4sonic: SONIC SPEEEEEED! Fast running speed, attack speed, great aerials, and side B makes Sonic good in this mode.
+1:4littlemac:No platforms to camp on and an amazing ground game makes Little Mac more viable in this mode. There is a reason why he was spammed so much at the beginning (and I guess still is); Final Destination is Mac Destination. This hasn't been realized as much because there are rarely any good Little Macs in For Glory.
+1:4ness:PK Thunder is a pain to recover with, but Ness's on stage game benefits greatly from lag. You can't properly react from getting down throw to forward aerials a billion times.
-1:4robinm:Robin is an amazing character that uses tactics with his tomes. However, in For Glory's environment, he can't strategize as much with a single, solid platform. Some match-ups, namely the match-up between him and Luigi, is more nightmarish in For Glory.
-1:4shulk:His attacks are super laggy, thus getting easily punished by some of the cast. Shulk's biggest nightmare is a laggy environment. He does rely on his Monado Arts and, if there is a crapton of lag, he will get punished for inputing the wrong Monado Art. He's also pretty easy to combo; the Mario Bros. give him hell here (I fought a Luigi that got me to 30-60% in one damn combo... it's that bad for him).
-1:4palutena:One of Palutena's most notable attributes are her custom moves. She doesn't have them here, so she is left with a pretty bad set of customs (a reflector and a counter?). I don't think that she is as punishable as most characters with laggy attacks, you can still do well with her, but she is hindered by a very inferior set of moves.

Last edited by a moderator:

123outerme

Smash Cadet
NNID
123outerme
:4dk: +1: He has 5 meteor smashes. 5. He also has amazing smash attacks, and on a good read can kill you if you're at ~60%. He suffers from input lag and input error (dang Side-B when I want to Up-B). Oh, and getting gimped.
:4pacman: -1: I don't see Pac-Man a lot, but he relies on charging his neutral B, which is hard to do on one solid platform. Recovery is great, but he has to commit for the kill. I take this back. Abadango. Look him up.

Last edited:

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
:4sonic:+1 Hands down, lag makes Sonic a monster to deal with in For Glory, probably the best character online imo
:4diddy:-1 Diddy might still be godlike, even post-patch, offline, but he's a very twitchy character that needs precision and quick reflexes, which FG basically destroys
:4kirby:+1 Kirby's combo game becomes mega godlike on FG that just doesn't work as well offline, not to mention reacting to stuff like Stone becomes way harder

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
I main a lot of characters XD
That's not what this thread is about though. You have to vote for three characters that you think, according to the list in the first post, deserve to be higher or lower on the list. If you don't know what the list is, you might want to reread the first post.

Jaimy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaimy_18
3DS FC
5086-3025-4977
:4sonic:+1
Very hard to react to due to his speed. Input lag makes it very difficult to shield his dash attack for example.

:4littlemac:+1
No platforms is a huge plus.

:4marth:-1
Relies on tippers for KO'ing opponents consistently. Lag often messes up a tipper.

redhawk&goggles

Smash Rookie
NNID
ohlolkay
:4darkpit:+1 he doesnt get enough credit he is one of the most balanced characters out there, lacks finishing power but can always land a hit if you are playing offensively enough.

DEDEDEDEDEDE

Banned via Warnings
NNID
MNH003
3DS FC
5300-9013-9670
:4gaw:+(a million and)1
:4lucina::4marth:-1 These two cannot kill on any omega stage way too predictable.
:4duckhunt:+1
You can easily kill in my opinion. Counter and shield break always catch out the unaware. I regularly launch at 80% and lower with him/her. Jump attacks are great as well.

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
Some of you think that kirby of all charcters profits from lag?
We are slow and have to approach, spammy playstyles are so hard for us in lag. And our range is not good either. Combo-orientated playstyles suffer most from lag.

Btw just that I do not come off as whiny or biased, I wouldnt say that for all my characters. Mario does alright in lag (advantages and disadvantages) and Shulk profits from it, but many of you adressed that already.

+1 Dedede, -1 Kirby, -1 Meta Knight

(MK suffers easily the worst of all characters)

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
:4ganondorf:+1
Seriously, what's losing? I'm telling you guys straight up that you go against my Ganondorf, you will not be seeing the end of it. My Ganondorf shows how overpowered he really is on For Glory (even more so than Diddy). After over 3200 matches, I know what I'm saying, too.

:4link:+1
Same with Ganondorf. I actually never lost a match with Link yet.

:4dedede:-1
Okay, what is winning with this guy? Let's see, his Gordos come flying back after being hit, check, large body and super slow, check, powerful but extremely slow and avoidable attacks, check.

Woohoo982

Smash Apprentice
:4diddy:-1
:4gaw:+1(Why is he 3rd-to-last?)
:4wiifit:+1
:rosalina:+1
:4charizard:+1
:4olimar:-1
:4robinm:-1
:4sonic:-1
:4mewtwo:-1
:4dedede:+1
:4falcon:+1
EDIT: So much wrong with this.
:4tlink: is vastly superior to:4link:
:4lucina:and :4marth: are not even on the same tier despite either you needing to look at the wiki or be god to know their differences
:4gaw: is bottom tier
:4diddy: is top tier

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Actually, I'm not bad with him at all; it's just no one wins against me with him. He has way more weaknesses than strengths by far.
Yeah, well most of them's probably not smart enough to use his crouch to enfuriate the opponent into making mistakes and capitalizing on 'em.
That's what Dedede is all about.
Bet most of your adversaries thought Gordo is a spammable projectile.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Yeah, well most of them's probably not smart enough to use his crouch to enfuriate the opponent into making mistakes and capitalizing on 'em.
That's what Dedede is all about.
Bet most of your adversaries thought Gordo is a spammable projectile.
You have no idea XD
It's like I play a game of Gordo Knockback. I'll use like a Smash attack and just wail on them with the strongest hit I can from a Gordo. With Ganon, I'll use U-Tilt or Warlock Punch to deal heavy damage (because for some reason, Gordos being sent back just deal more damage than when it first comes out).

But I almost never make mistakes against King Dedede; I often have them make mistakes instead and wail on them with attacks.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
You have no idea XD
It's like I play a game of Gordo Knockback. I'll use like a Smash attack and just wail on them with the strongest hit I can from a Gordo. With Ganon, I'll use U-Tilt or Warlock Punch to deal heavy damage (because for some reason, Gordos being sent back just deal more damage than when it first comes out).

But I almost never make mistakes against King Dedede; I often have them make mistakes instead and wail on them with attacks.
How dare you not respect the KING of DREAMLAND.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
+1 :4lucina: and +1 :4marth:. Marth can be pretty good if used correctly same thing goes for Lucina since they have the same moves and combos.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

+1 :4ganondorf:
King of Evil? More like King of LAG. Final Destination might not be Ganondorf's best stage (I don't really play as him to know), but his side B is amazing online. Any sort of lag, even the most minor, will make you be unable to tech it and Ganondorf will either kill you with an attack or read you with another side B. Hell, if he gets you with the side B near the ledge, he wins. I fear fighting Ganondorfs online for this one move alone.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Have not had time to go over it all but Link would be higher than Peach. He'd be in the A rank for For Glory, for sure.

Top Bottom