• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstooling

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Have you guys ever implemented a footstool into your game play as Diddy? Other than the obvious time when your opponent is off the stage, I think there could be more uses.

I think it could be used for comboing mostly, especially for Diddy because you can footstool them and let them fall onto a banana.

I haven't really tried it much, have any of you?

Yanki

Smash Cadet
i already tryed it sometimes when mine oponent are betwen de banas i do the footstool and he is practycally traped hahaha later i can do duno a spike
or just aovid him and do the side b, in other cases i let fall the nana whit the Z after it hit the m i use the only a at the air causing a elevation and later a nice kick :D.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
doesnt seem practical
though she can make good use of the footstool for gimping, that would be a better topic imo

IDK

Smash Lord
i know diddy's fastfall is almost nothing so spiking is usually better, but if you want to save a jump or help you recover after a spike you can footstool spike like marth. kind of useful. i think that more characters could actually work this into their game for combos kind of like hylian figured out for IC. maybe something with setting up a footstool into a banana after some kind of attack like dash attack, dtilt, or u tilt and repeating... not sure.

saberhof

Smash Master
well, i always seem to hit my Footstool> UpB when im hanging on the edge and they want to hit me while im coming back...i dont really use it for anything else.... =/...

i just remember some stuff i do:

Footstool> throw banana down> fastfall a bair or fair depending where they roll( i almost never hit this...:()
Small footstool> Fastfall> wait for the roll and attack or throw a banana and do it again...
and the Footstool> UpB is amazing in my opinion, i always try and do it...:D...

and thats pretty much all i figured out...i wanna figure out if you can footstool them when they are tripped tho...

Top Bottom