• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

footstall cancel/attack?

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
Mmm, finally a neat way to punish some of the laggier attacks of others.

And I think he should have at least one or two to go into it but I'm not sure if they're as good as some of the others shown.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
yah, the donkey kong one is clearly something that might became a part of the dk game
but falcon's is probably much less significant since he can't follow up if he tried to use a raptor boost or falcon kick due to their lag

0Room

Smash Lord
Falcon Kick would probably leave him in too risky of a position, with that horrendous lag Kick gets on landing.
Perhaps a Spike might work better.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
I was think the spike as well followed by a knee. (Depends) It look sexy though good find by him and you for posting.

Smash Apprentice
I was think the spike as well followed by a knee. (Depends) It look sexy though good find by him and you for posting.
You can only do some specialmoves that stop your jump-motion, like Falconkick and Raptor boost.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Pretty much.

Just an interesting thing, what GIMR mentioned in the video to do the DK ledge thing was a B-reversal side-B.

He did footstool > back+B-forward

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
I actually tested this out last night and Falcon kick as far as I can see works great with this. Raptor Boost doesn't activate on the opponent in my experience but it may just be timing issues on my part or you may have to tilt before you boost. The Airs... None of them really seem to work. They all activate way too late after you footstall but once again this may just me having bad timing.

But at the very least, footstall to Falcon Kick seems to wok really well. At lower percents you can even pull off the full Falcon kick aka the kick to landing dmg.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
If only there were some way to speed up the Falcon Punch...then it would be an epic combo. Footstool>Immediate PAWNCH of Doom. :O

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Can you do footstooled falcon kick to raptor boost or does it lag to long to follow up? If that did work i'm sure you'd have some potential at low percents.

peeeetah

Smash Cadet
i found that you can shorthop the footstool and then fastfall a bair. hits em when they're sitting down from the trip.

Top Bottom